Aurea with unlimited drinks package

simon stingray

If it is what we have it will be the easy drink package which is limited but has everything we like to drink....Drinks up to $6.00 it includes most simple mixed drinks there are many lists on the boards that  show what is available...

2 hours ago, simon stingray said:

Booking with Aurea and unlimited drinks package, is this the Premium package up to €10 max per drink or the Premium plus package.

Its a bit confusing.

Aurea comes with the Easy drinks package, you can as stated upgrade to Premium or P+ but the included package is Easy.

1 hour ago, simon stingray said:

Thanks so much. Does anyone know how much it is to upgrade?

Depends on where you're sailing as MSC has different prices depending on which currency is being used onboard, which, in turn, depends on the region the ship is in.

ETA ... Apologies, Dave.  I had written this earlier, but it wasn't showing.

Edited by Beamafar
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, simon stingray said:

Thanks so much. Does anyone know how much it is to upgrade?

For sailings when the onboard currency is Euros, the cost is £9* pppd;  it'll be £21* pppd for US$ sailings.  These prices apply when upgrading prior to embarking;  you'll pay in the onboard currency, plus 15% service charge, if upgrading on the ship.

*Easy is £27 and Premium is £36 on Euros cruises;  the former is £27 and the latter is £48 on US$ cruises.

Edited by Beamafar

8 hours ago, lovemycruisetoo said:

We have a 17 day TA from CPH to NYC  booked on Meraviglia in Aurea Duplex suite and cost us 176 pp to upgrade to premium drink package.

What currency is that, LMCT?  Looks like it was 11 pppd of whatever currency it was, which is interesting.  If it is US$, it should be $12 pppd (Easy $35  Premium $47 for your sailing).  If it were €, it should be €10 pppd  (Easy €29  Premium €39).  I've already outlined that, in Sterling, it would be £9 pppd.  None of these rates incur a difference of 11. 🤔

Jumping in here with another question. I realise that, unlike other companies, MSC expect you to buy the drinks package upgrade for the full cruise and you can't purchase it part way through. But do they ever have an offer part way through? We will be taking a long cruise (on Aurea Easy package) whereby the first half is very port intensive, but we would be tempted to upgrade the drinks package for the second half. I'm assuming they never have this sort of offer part-way through a long cruise.

5 hours ago, Beamafar said:

What currency is that, LMCT?  Looks like it was 11 pppd of whatever currency it was, which is interesting.  If it is US$, it should be $12 pppd (Easy $35  Premium $47 for your sailing).  If it were €, it should be €10 pppd  (Easy €29  Premium €39).  I've already outlined that, in Sterling, it would be £9 pppd.  None of these rates incur a difference of 11. 🤔

It’s in US$ Bea.  I originally got the easy package included because of the Aurea booking.  I emailed my MSC cruise consultant to ask the difference in price would be and she quoted me me $352 for both.  I told her I would think about it after looking over the drink list. I’m not a wine snob but thought about drinking house wines only up to $6.00 and my DH only drinking Heineken tap, which he likes but also enjoys other brands as well, for 17 days would get boring. I emailed her to add it on with a note that if it gets offered somewhere down the road as a promo, we’ll adjust it then. 

It just might be a slight mathematical error and I was not aware how she came across this either. Maybe divided by 17 days and not the actual 16 days. 

BD9F3888-0784-4FA8-86FE-0632FA0554B2.png

You did right to upgrade, anyway.  The Easy package is very limited.  I don't think I could settle for it and, now that it's the included package for Aurea, that 'Experience' is no longer as good a value as it used to be when the better package was included.

On this side of the pond, some of the promotions for Fantastica balconies include the Premium package, which, in most cases, makes Aurea even less attractive.  No wonder there are so many "free" upgrades to Aurea cabins.

• Like 1

You might remember from my other post to you on a different thread (formal night wear) that this Oct will be my first on MSC so I have no idea about their differences in levels or experiences.  I have only sailed NCL where we are Platinum + so this all new to me. I rely on my fellow cc’ers to help and guide me in the right direction. Thanks

Sorry .. I didn't cop that.  I do hope that you'll have a wonderful cruise.  At least you'll have MyChoice dining as well as priority boarding included - the 2 perks with Aurea that can't be added onto the lower level 'Experiences' of Bella and Fantastica.

As we're Black Card members of Voyagers' Club, we enjoy priority boarding, but MyChoice dining for Aurea and Yacht Club is a really attractive benefit.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Beamafar said:

For sailings when the onboard currency is Euros, the cost is £9* pppd;  it'll be £21* pppd for US$ sailings.  These prices apply when upgrading prior to embarking;  you'll pay in the onboard currency, plus 15% service charge, if upgrading on the ship.

*Easy is £27 and Premium is £36 on Euros cruises;  the former is £27 and the latter is £48 on US$ cruises.

US$27ppd for Prem, and US$44ppd for P+.

They're the upgrade prices in US$, Matt, and they apply to US-based cruises.  I quoted the Sterling prices as the OP's location is the UK and also, for their sailing, the prices for the drinks packages are cheaper as the currency on their sailing is Euros.

Edited by Beamafar
  • Like 1

On 9/14/2019 at 6:41 PM, lovemycruisetoo said:

We have a 17 day TA from CPH to NYC  booked on Meraviglia in Aurea Duplex suite and cost us 176 pp to upgrade to premium drink package.

We are  on 17 day cruise to Dubia and the cost to  upgrade to premium was $170 pp

13 hours ago, jjh9 said:

We are  on 17 day cruise to Dubia and the cost to  upgrade to premium was $170 pp

Sounds more likely to be a 17 night cruise (18 day) and the upgrade price per day is $10 (which sounds about right - you're not charged for the disembarkation day).

Edited by Beamafar

• 1 month later...
On 9/18/2019 at 3:15 AM, Beamafar said:

Sounds more likely to be a 17 night cruise (18 day) and the upgrade price per day is $10 (which sounds about right - you're not charged for the disembarkation day).

Beamafar you have helped me in past do you know if you can get the ship a day early . We are in Dubai 2 days and we would like to get offa day early.  We disembark there. Would also like to know if you can buy drink package mid cruise

Edited by jjh9

I believe that it may be possible to disembark a day earlier on some itineraries.   I've no experience of it and would be hesitant to say if it is possible for you - especially in that region.  You would have to ask and arrange it at Guest Services on embarkation.

Packages can only be purchased on day 1 and 2 of the cruise.

5 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

I believe that it may be possible to disembark a day earlier on some itineraries.   I've no experience of it and would be hesitant to say if it is possible for you - especially in that region.  You would have to ask and arrange it at Guest Services on embarkation.

Packages can only be purchased on day 1 and 2 of the cruise.

Thanks

• Like 1