Getaway Coffee Maker Question

cruisekitty22

Yes, the balcony cabins have coffee makers, and they are free.  They don’t use Keurig type pods.  They’re the little round sachets that make a single cup of coffee.  They are replenished daily, but I always mention to my cabin attendant that I like coffee a lot and to please make sure I always have the supplies.

I'm traveling on the Joy in December, and I am a big tea drinker.  I hate it when they say this is a tea maker too as any water that comes out of this tastes like coffee!  Will the steward be able to hook me up with something to heat up water?  Seriously, I drink tea like a Brit 🙂

1 minute ago, nyc2pdx said:

I'm traveling on the Joy in December, and I am a big tea drinker.  I hate it when they say this is a tea maker too as any water that comes out of this tastes like coffee!  Will the steward be able to hook me up with something to heat up water?  Seriously, I drink tea like a Brit 🙂

I don’t think the steward can get you something to heat up water, but room service will bring hot water in a carafe.   

Cafetiere.  Add hot water, allow coffee grounds to steep for a couple minutes, plunge the grounds to the bottom.  5-Star Restaurant grade coffee instead of the "coffee in the wall" garbage you get from the mini pot and keurig setups.

In order to truly extract the best cup, bring your own beans from a local roaster who roasted your beans a week or two before you left on your cruise.  Even better, bring the beans whole and bring a little grinder to make it fresh.

https://www.amazon.com/Utopia-Kitchen-Espresso-Stainless-Resistant/dp/B01N78X92P/ref=sxin_4_ac_d_pm?ac_md=1-0-VW5kZXIgJDIw-ac_d_pm&keywords=french+press&pd_rd_i=B01N78X92P&pd_rd_r=98cf4486-286b-4ebb-9d7d-428715c65ac2&pd_rd_w=91Alo&pd_rd_wg=KDZFs&pf_rd_p=aed08533-d0f3-456a-bfcd-3ec60fc417c9&pf_rd_r=7YJ9TMJRA1YZEXERE6K0&psc=1&qid=1568828174&s=gateway

81Xf6uqaP-L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

• Thanks 1