1. 1. Which system do you use?

• Normal calendar
    • Day of the week
    • Itinerary-based
    • Numerical count
    • Some hybrid of the above
    • My own system I created

I look forward to actual retirement.

In the meantime, I combine time off with what my employer will pay me to present at a conference. So...  my employer will pay for the round ticket to Edinburgh. I pay for the extra hotels and my share of the van.  Yes, I need to log in and work from the road. It's doable, but it isn't a relaxing vacation. But I get to see Scotland!

• Like 1

It seems like people misinterpreted this thread.  People went off on all sorts of tangents.  It's "what you see is what you get".  Just for fun.

To clarify in case anyone misunderstood, I was talking counting days DURING your cruise, not before or after, let alone work or retirement. <facepalm>  That is, once you start your cruise, how do you keep track of which day is which?  

I use itinerary-based.  During my cruise, I pretty much ignore the calendar, and track days based on the itinerary, both in my mind and when talking to other people.  So far, everyone understood me perfectly.

Edited by LandlockedCruiser01

I have this morbid way of life where when I am doing something I love, like cruising, I count down fron the minute I get there.

So we arrive and i say 10 nights to go.

And then it's still 9. So great.

Then it's well still 5 more nights left.

Then its oh my god only 3 nights left.

And then utter depression as I wonder where it all went.

And one final desperate attempt to find a delorean to do a Marty Mcfly.

13 hours ago, LandlockedCruiser01 said:

It seems like people misinterpreted this thread.  People went off on all sorts of tangents.  It's "what you see is what you get".  Just for fun.

To clarify in case anyone misunderstood, I was talking counting days DURING your cruise, not before or after, let alone work or retirement. <facepalm>  That is, once you start your cruise, how do you keep track of which day is which?  

I use itinerary-based.  During my cruise, I pretty much ignore the calendar, and track days based on the itinerary, both in my mind and when talking to other people.  So far, everyone understood me perfectly.

A little thread drift is normal around here!  I've been guilty of it myself from time to time.  Lol.  

46 minutes ago, EatonDoolittle said:

Is this what you are talking about? I make one of these to hang on the cabin wall for every one of my cruises.  This was for some friends - I do not sail Carnival.

image.png.93e70152faafbf750daee92c22f4a748.png

Yes, that's exactly what I was talking about: keeping track of days on your cruise.  Although after I board my ship, I keep track of days using the ship's intinerary, and pretty much ignore the calendar until debarkation.

4 hours ago, EatonDoolittle said:

I make one of these

You MAKE one?  Here's what I got even before booking with Oceania and then in the info they sent after booking.  I guess I assume every line would provide the equivalent.

Screenshot 2019-09-23 at 4.11.07 PM.png