Neptune Suite perk - breakfast in the PG

kathyRW

I am just 11 days out to board the Noordam as she comes out of dry dock... I am so excited to sail on her all spanking fresh! We have been booking Neptune Suites for quite awhile now (you really get hooked once you enjoy one). I am confused by the Club Orange changes, though. Probably my favorite perk with the NS has been the quiet atmosphere and personal service of breakfast in the Pinnacle Grill. The staff there treat you like royalty and after the first morning know your preferences by heart. I have read that they may be changing that to a roped area in the Main Dining Room...ughh. Though I saw a post where a NS guest was recently still able to dine at PG for breakfast on another ship. Does anyone know for sure?

Neptune and Pinnacle Suite passengers may eat breakfast in the Pinnacle Grill on all the ships, except the two newest ships in the Pinnacle class. Those are the Koningsdam and Nieuw Statendam. 
You will be able to have breakfast in the Pinnacle Grill while on the Noordam. 

9 minutes ago, RuthC said:

Neptune and Pinnacle Suite passengers may eat breakfast in the Pinnacle Grill on all the ships, except the two newest ships in the Pinnacle class. Those are the Koningsdam and Nieuw Statendam. 
You will be able to have breakfast in the Pinnacle Grill while on the Noordam. 

Thank you SO much!

1 hour ago, RuthC said:

Where do the Konigsdam and Nieuw Statendam Neptune suite guests eat breakfast if not in the Pinnacle Grill?

Edited by Petunia1950

1 minute ago, oakridger said:

Neptune and Pinnacle Suite passengers on K and NS can eat in the separate Club Orange dining room.

But not in the Pinnacle Grill?  Does anyone eat breakfast in the Pinnacle Grill?  I'm so confused ... and I'll be in a Neptune Suite in 29 days so I'm also curious ;-)

11 minutes ago, Petunia1950 said:

But not in the Pinnacle Grill?  Does anyone eat breakfast in the Pinnacle Grill?  I'm so confused ... and I'll be in a Neptune Suite in 29 days so I'm also curious 😉

On K'dam and NS (the two new Pinnacle class ships) Neptune and Pinnacle suite guests have breakfast in the separate Club Orange, as do the people who buy the CO package.

On all other ships, Neptune and Pinnacle suite guests have breakfast in Pinnacle Grill. When CO was announced, it sounded like part of the MDR on these ships would become CO. But that doesn't seem to be happening. Instead, CO passengers get a priority line for seating in the MDR, and NS/PS guests continue to get the Pinnacle Grill breakfast. I think HAL got a LOT of feedback as soon as CO was announced. Passengers asked onboard about the possibility of suites losing the PG breakfast. Lots of questions and "don't take that away!" comments, and it seems that for once, HAL listened. 

Edited by 3rdGenCunarder

2 minutes ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

On K'dam and NS (the two new Pinnacle class ships) Neptune and Pinnacle suite guests have breakfast in the separate Club Orange, as do the people who buy the CO package.

Thanks -- I'm still a little bit confused, but I will be on board soon enough and will "struggle" through it ;-)  Being on a ship makes just about anything worthwhile.

When I was on the Rotterdam last june with my two sons , we had a NS and thus breakfast in the PG. Sheer heaven ! After the first day the Maitre d’ started to get espresso as soon as he saw us coming . Igor, one of the waiters was outstanding . 

When I came back in august with my wife we had a Vista so no starting the day in the PG but everytime we walked by the PG and either the Maitre d’ or Igor had a moment they would take the time for a chat. They even remembered what my sons ordered everyday.

Oh and eventhough the menu is the same as in the MDR, the presentation is different and served much faster. 

56 minutes ago, GeezerCouple said:

This breakfast sounds like a very pleasant way to start the day.

What time is it served (that is, what times can one arrive there)?

This would be Noordam in Nov/Dec, although I doubt that matters.

Thanks!

GC

If you arrive in port early the hours are 7:30am - 9:00am.  If you arrive in port late the hours are from 8:00am - 9:30am.  Follow the hours listed for the main dining room because they use the same galley.  Also, if the local time hours are different than the ship time hours you will need to go by local time.