MSC Meraviglia Already in North America

GrannyGear

8 hours ago, omarchs said:

Not until the 18th. Was just hoping to check the NY harbor cams if I had a few minutes when it was due to sail in. Thanks for the info.

Apologies, I've checked the schedule it's 7am on 7th October, she arrives the day before and overnights in NYC.

That gives them today and tomorrow to stock the ship for her US-based sailings, and remove any remnants from Europe sailings, such as € menus etc.  Looking forward to the American drinks menus and different wine selections, I must say.  Plus the food offerings that you don't see on Med sailings.  We really enjoyed the meals on Armonia in January (and not so much on Seaview in the Med last month).

• Like 2

She just tied up in the Hudson Passenger Ship Terminal. We board tomorrow for the ten day round trip to Quebec City. Interested to see MSC as this is our first trip on them. In room 18016, never been in a room that high, should be fun.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, hypercafe said:

She just tied up in the Hudson Passenger Ship Terminal. We board tomorrow for the ten day round trip to Quebec City. Interested to see MSC as this is our first trip on them. In room 18016, never been in a room that high, should be fun.

Will you be posting when onboard?  There will be huge interest in anything you have to share as it'll be the very first MSC sailing from NYC - and also lots of interest in Meraviglia generally, now that she's Stateside.  We've sailed on her previously but would be keen to know about food and ports;  we're boarding on the 18th so some of the POCs will differ from yours.

Edited by Beamafar
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Beamafar said:

Wonder what kind of a welcome she got (if any).  Will she get a great send-off tomorrow evening, I wonder?

Probably only if they announce a long-term commitment to sailing out of NY on a more frequent basis 😎

2 hours ago, omarchs said:

Probably only if they announce a long-term commitment to sailing out of NY on a more frequent basis 😎

I just thought that perhaps because it will be Mera's first sailing away from NY that there would be something at the port.  I hope they have a great sail-away party planned onboard.

On 10/4/2019 at 2:53 PM, cellfree said:

Wow, enjoy, we will be on Meraviglia November 10, have been on Divina and Seaside and Armonia so excited to sail on Meraviglia. (BTW know that Kitchener is in North America - ha - was born there - live in Florida now.)

please-please-please, come back with a review! We are on Meraviglia next April and would love to know more.

Have a great trip to all those departing tomorrow! Hopefully you will get a special send off by the city. There has been some local news coverage that it is the largest ship to visit the Manhattan pier so it should be a big deal for the city.

On ‎10‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 7:27 AM, GrannyGear said:

Apparently MSC is unaware that St. John's NFLD and Halifax NS are in North America. The Meraviglia will be in Halifax tomorrow ( Sat ). We plan on seeing her steam into our North American. Apparently MSC believes that North America doesn't begin until she arrives in New York City, according to their arrival ticker.  We expect to cruise out of Miami on her in Feb. Wish we could get on in Halifax, maybe some day. 

Pssshhh, those are in Canada, that doesn't count! :classic_tongue: (I'm joking, of course...)

2 hours ago, webworm said:

Looking forward to cruising on the MSC Meraviglia on Dec 15th from Miami in a balcony cabin.

...and we will board when you get off!  🙂  

Thanks to everyone posting pictures and trip reports!  We look forward to this adventure.  We loved Seaside this past summer and are curious to see if MSC will become our new favorite cruise line.