Mariner Status - Credits Earned

SanDiego Single

Hi,

I have been an avid cruiser for many years initially only HAL but have branched out the last 12 years to other brands. I have a question I know that you all can answer for me and I have researched but looking for confirmation. My cruises on HAL have only been in Neptune Suites and from what I understand  credits earned are higher if you are in a suite vs a lower category. My question is.... has this always been the case? I ask because when looking at my mariner status I am not seeing that this is the case. 

As an examples foror this cruise I was in a Neptune Suite category SC.

image.thumb.png.14f033b41533981322d67b0abce8f837.png

5 minutes ago, *Miss G* said:

Someone with a better memory than I can confirm or correct, but I believe the bonus days for spending and suites did not begin until January 2009.  My cruise history prior to that date only credits the actual cruise days.

I think that's correct.

• Thanks 1

Looking over my records, we did a 21 day Panama Canal cruise in April 2009 -- no extra points -- we were in the PS.

In Nov 2009 we were in the PS on the Zuiderdam and did receive extra points for the suite and on board spending.

So the new program sometime between April and November 2009.

39 minutes ago, Krazy Kruizers said:

Looking over my records, we did a 21 day Panama Canal cruise in April 2009 -- no extra points -- we were in the PS.

In Nov 2009 we were in the PS on the Zuiderdam and did receive extra points for the suite and on board spending.

Narrowing this down a bit more - we took a cruise in early Sept of 2009 and did not receive the extra points and the cruise right after ours did qualify for it.  Also, as I recall, the start date varied a bit by ship.

• Like 2

From the Mariner Society FAQ page:

Yes, guests receive Cruise Day credits for all previous Holland America Line cruises and Alaska Land+Sea Journeys. Bonus Cruise Day credits for suite purchases and onboard spending is a new feature applied to sailings departing on or after September 18, 2009. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, *Miss G* said:

Someone with a better memory than I can confirm or correct, but I believe the bonus days for spending and suites did not begin until January 2009.  My cruise history prior to that date only credits the actual cruise days.

Miss G is correct!! 2009!

Denise😊

14 hours ago, Krazy Kruizers said:

13 hours ago, DaveOKC said:

Narrowing this down a bit more - we took a cruise in early Sept of 2009 and did not receive the extra points and the cruise right after ours did qualify for it.  Also, as I recall, the start date varied a bit by ship.

Glad we were able to narrow the start up date of the new program even more.

I know that we got our 4* pins in the mail before we left on our Zuiderdam cruises.  What was strange since this new program was so new, only 4* star members were invited to the special party before the Mariner brunch -- all 4 of us.  And there was no mention of medals.

From the Mariner Society FAQs on HAL's web site:

"Onboard Spending Bonus Effective with cruises on or after September 18, 2009, one bonus Cruise Day credit will be granted for each $300 in eligible onboard purchases. This is calculated on the combined folio charges for all guests on the booking, regardless of who signs each charge and who pays the bill. Only the first two guests on the booking receive the limit of one bonus day for each day sailed; 3rd and 4th guests on the same booking do not earn the onboard spending bonus." 

We did the Alaska Explorer cruise on Zaandam (9/11/09 - 9/18/09) and did not get the Bonus credits ... close, but no cigar!!!

Edited by avian777