Won moveup bid

weregoingcruising

16 minutes ago, rucrazy said:

When you add your original purchase price (booking price pp) to that of your winning bid.... does the cost of your stateroom (new) come in under the price point what that stateroom is currently offered to the general public?  If so approximately how much did you save?

TIA

Joseph

for us, we typically save over 1/3 the original cost.  Have saved more also  But we always reserve a cabin we truly want and upgrade to a suite 

Edited by Cruise a holic
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, beachgoddess said:

Sailing on the Equinox November 9th.  I'm assuming they didn't accept my bid since I haven't heard a word yet.  But we're still going to have a great time!!

I believe it can happen much closer to your cruise. Good luck!

11 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

for us, we typically save over 1/3 the original cost.  Have saved more also  But we always reserve a cabin we truly want and upgrade to a suite 

You are lucky!  We cruise X a lot and in almost all cases all the suites are sold out before sailing.  A couple times we have bid anyway in case of a last minute cancel, but we stopped doing that as I think all we are accomplishing is giving them more marketing data to determine how high a price they can get away with.  Were you ever able to move up to a suite when they showed fully booked online?

2 hours ago, phoenix_dream said:

You are lucky!  We cruise X a lot and in almost all cases all the suites are sold out before sailing.  A couple times we have bid anyway in case of a last minute cancel, but we stopped doing that as I think all we are accomplishing is giving them more marketing data to determine how high a price they can get away with.  Were you ever able to move up to a suite when they showed fully booked online?

Yes.  However on a new celebrity ship we went to customer service as soon as we boarded were lucky enough to get a sky suite.  We paid additional but much cheaper then if we originally booked.  Sometimes the ship gets last minute cancellations

1 hour ago, healthworker said:

just realized i have three different bookings (immediate family) all using my email! How would move up bid work then? If I get an email how will I know which booking it is for?

I am new to Celebrity, but I would imagine the email would include your reservation number.

15 hours ago, beachgoddess said:

Sailing on the Equinox November 9th.  I'm assuming they didn't accept my bid since I haven't heard a word yet.  But we're still going to have a great time!!

What have you bid on Beachgoddess? We are the same and haven’t heard anything. we are happy with our current cabin but the move up prices were reasonable. I’m not hopeful though because when we called to enquire about paid upgrades we were told the cabins were sold out (we bid on an AQ).

2 hours ago, Cruiseyorkshire said:

What have you bid on Beachgoddess? We are the same and haven’t heard anything. we are happy with our current cabin but the move up prices were reasonable. I’m not hopeful though because when we called to enquire about paid upgrades we were told the cabins were sold out (we bid on an AQ).

I bid on family veranda & aqua class.  We already have a balcony booked but I just thought I'd place a bid to see if I'd get it.  Never cruised on Celebrity before, only Carnival & Royal Caribbean.