Parking Miami

Yanicka24

Here I am back at the topic that is the bane of my existence... parking in Miami... in the past we have just parked at the port because I cant seem to find much in the way of useful reviews of outside places but in a Facebook group someone brought up a possible new place... can anyone confirm this is a new place? Have you parked there? What was your experience? 

The website they gave is miamiportparking.com 

It says secure garage, self park, and keep your keys. 

Any reviews would be appreciated. 

Edited by Yanicka24
Spelling

4 hours ago, Yanicka24 said:

Here I am back at the topic that is the bane of my existence... parking in Miami... in the past we have just parked at the port because I cant seem to find much in the way of useful reviews of outside places but in a Facebook group someone brought up a possible new place... can anyone confirm this is a new place? Have you parked there? What was your experience? 

The website they gave is miamiportparking.com 

It says secure garage, self park, and keep your keys. 

Any reviews would be appreciated. 

just did a Google search and almost all of the reviews are NOT good.  You may want to review them yourself before you book...

I have been a member of Cruise Critic since 2002. Over the years I have read too many sad stories about off site parking in the city of Miami. Many incidents of damaged vehicles, lousy locations and the one incident where a homeless male had broken into a parked vehicle and found sleeping in it. That doesn’t even include the problems regarding shuttle service from the parking lots to the Port Of Miami. If you want to leave your vehicle in a safe, secure area, spend the twenty two dollars a day at the Port Of Miami. Convenience alone is worth it. Plus in most instances the vehicle will be in the same condition as you left it. There are numerous safe offsite locations in Port Everglades, Port Canaveral, Jacksonville, and Tampa but unfortunately none in the Miami area. Cruise Critic members who live in Miami Dade  will tell you the same thing. As always, enjoy your cruise!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Noxequifans said:

The Port of Miami is the safest and most convenient place to park your vehicle. Why park elsewhere and worry about your vehicle during your cruise. 

Will we need to arrive there by a certain time to have the best chance of available parking at the port itself?  We are driving in from Sarasota which is a 3.5-4hr drive. We sail on the Explorer of the Seas and these other ships are in port that day, 3 of which also leave at about 4-5pm:

MSC Divina 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Norwegian Sky 7:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Navigator Of The Seas 6:00 AM - 4:30 PM (Dock)
Carnival Victory 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM

9 hours ago, irisheileen said:

Will we need to arrive there by a certain time to have the best chance of available parking at the port itself?  We are driving in from Sarasota which is a 3.5-4hr drive. We sail on the Explorer of the Seas and these other ships are in port that day, 3 of which also leave at about 4-5pm:

MSC Divina 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Norwegian Sky 7:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Navigator Of The Seas 6:00 AM - 4:30 PM (Dock)
Carnival Victory 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM

Get there at least 2 hrs prior to sailing time or parking will be the least of your worries

Lots of parking at POM