HAL Itinerary Change Question

CabinBoy2020

2 hours ago, sail7seas said:

More often than not  when  we have had a port cancelled we have gotten a day a sea.  Okay, as long as the   ship is operating properly and  all are safe there are worse ways to s pend a 'relaxing day'.  Disappointting

Yes, life is  full  of small and large disappointments.

IMO, we sound like  bunch of whiney  spoiled  young children.   🙂

How many people would walk on hot coals  for the chance to do some of the  cruising/traveling  many of us here have been so privileged  to experience?.

LOL if you think this whining is bad, you should read some of the comments from Neptune Suite cruisers who complain about 4 and 5 star Mariners getting benefits similar to Neptune Suites!  I often cruise in a NS, but haven't complained (so far) and had to sit on my hands to refrain from responding to some of the comments from regular NS cuisers.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

We were notified a few months ago of an itinerary change on our upcoming 14 day Alaska cruise in 2020.  Nice to know this far in advance since we were really looking forward to the port we now won't be visiting. 

Of course, I am wondering if at some point pre-sailing-date, if we will be changed back to the original port.

On 11/21/2019 at 7:54 AM, CabinForOne said:

To you experienced HAL cruisers:  I'm booked on the Oosterdam Dec 7 and Dec 14 Mexican Riviera cruise (B2B).  HAL just notified us that the schedule for all three ports has been changed.  We still go to each port but in a different order.  The sea days were also switched.  I don't have any problem with the new schedule, but just wonder about the reason.  No explanation was given.  Any ideas?  Thx.

On Oosterdam now and went to the Captain’s question period or whatever it’s called (holiday brain for me).  He did say they changed to try to stay away from having 3 ships in a port at one time.

We are really enjoying the first two days as sea days.  

23 hours ago, T8NCruise said:

LOL if you think this whining is bad, you should read some of the comments from Neptune Suite cruisers who complain about 4 and 5 star Mariners getting benefits similar to Neptune Suites!  I often cruise in a NS, but haven't complained (so far) and had to sit on my hands to refrain from responding to some of the comments from regular NS cuisers.

Personally I think the issues unrelated and if a port get cancelled or changed, NO ONE will be going there on that cruise, including those in  Neptune suites.  Quite different  set of facts and I strongly disagree with your 'attempt'  to equate the two

No need to sit on your hands, if you have something  to say,  as long as it does not break any cc rules, type away.

Edited by sail7seas

1 hour ago, canadianbear said:

On Oosterdam now and went to the Captain’s question period or whatever it’s called (holiday brain for me).  He did say they changed to try to stay away from having 3 ships in a port at one time.

We are really enjoying the first two days as sea days.  

Thanks for the explanation!  Really enjoying your posts and pictures on the other thread.