1030am embarkation?!?

havanadaydreaming

The time you were given is WHAT TIME TO ARRIVE AT THE PORT OF MIAMI not what time you will be allowed to board the ship.  Assigned arrival times are supposed to act as a crowd control for thee terminal-- doe not work.  What time you can board depends on lots of factors but Customs and Border Protection determines when boarding can begin.

They have "embarkation times" different for everyone to spread out the crowds and prevent everyone from showing up at once. Actual boarding time is typically at noon. We have had 11am and 10am embarkation times only to be sitting in the cruise terminal for an hour or two. 

3 hours ago, Greek Boss said:

They have "embarkation times" different for everyone to spread out the crowds and prevent everyone from showing up at once. Actual boarding time is typically at noon. We have had 11am and 10am embarkation times only to be sitting in the cruise terminal for an hour or two. 

Well, this is less than ideal. 

ive never rushed to embark but we usually arrive day before and move at a leisurely pace.  

1 minute ago, nyc2pdx said:

I'm leaving on my cruise in just over 2 weeks...I am in a Haven suite-is that why I wasn't assigned a time on the Joy?

If you are staying in the Haven they will direct you to a private holding area after you arrive and check-in at the pier. It is a small lounger that has finger foods and some drinks. The typically will let you board before everyone else. I would still arrive between 10 and 11 to enjoy that priority embarkation.

8 hours ago, roger001 said:

Those times aren't  enforced.  Just trying to spread the arrivals out a bit.  Many things involving transportation to the port can affect you arrival time.  

This is not an embarkation time. Is it time to arrive at the port. Embarkation for general passengers starts around 1130. The times to arrive at port, are not enforced.