Is The CC waterpark pass worth it if...

Artemus

If you don't do the slides, I personally don't think it would be worth the price.  We were there last Friday, my husband did the slides, but I did not thinking that I would enjoy the wave pool.  First he loved the slides and did them each several times.  For me the wave pool was so cold I could not go in past my knees.  So for him, possibly it was worth it, for me it wasn't.  There are plenty of things to do in the pool and beach that it is not necessary to go to the park.  

41 minutes ago, rsuther223 said:

If you don't do the slides, I personally don't think it would be worth the price.  We were there last Friday, my husband did the slides, but I did not thinking that I would enjoy the wave pool.  First he loved the slides and did them each several times.  For me the wave pool was so cold I could not go in past my knees.  So for him, possibly it was worth it, for me it wasn't.  There are plenty of things to do in the pool and beach that it is not necessary to go to the park.  

I never thought about the wave pool being cold.

We have a 2 day pass in January.

May have to rethink that and look at day pass to beach club

37 minutes ago, Tee & Chilli said:

Any reports of the pool being heated?

37 minutes ago, Tee & Chilli said:

Any reports of the pool being heated?

No, it is not heated.  The water was very cold when we were there in September.

Sherri🙂

We were there in November and the pool was perfect, cool but not cold. We actually had a “Perfect Day at Coco Cay”, lol

edited to add - DH and Grandson did the water park, in DH’s opinion, it was not worth the price 

Edited by Ready 2 Cruise
Extra info

The water, whether pool OR ocean will be much cooler in Jan. than in Nov!    I find the perfect ocean temps are around 83 degrees, if it's hot outside.  I'm from Va., too, but I don't go in the ocean here until it warms up!  Folks from colder states swim in April and May, and it's way to chilly for me!

I'm guessing that the main pool (haven't been in the wave pool) was in the upper 70s.  We have a pool that we heat to 83 degrees and the pool was definitely several degrees cooler.  It actually felt cold for several seconds.  Leads me to wonder if they cool the water.  I'd think that it would naturally be in the 80s given air temps.

Back on topic...I was surprised to see VERY few people using the slides when we were there a few weeks ago.  Either the newness is wearing off or the prices are set too high (or both).  

56 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I'm guessing that the main pool (haven't been in the wave pool) was in the upper 70s.  We have a pool that we heat to 83 degrees and the pool was definitely several degrees cooler.  It actually felt cold for several seconds.  Leads me to wonder if they cool the water.  I'd think that it would naturally be in the 80s given air temps.

Back on topic...I was surprised to see VERY few people using the slides when we were there a few weeks ago.  Either the newness is wearing off or the prices are set too high (or both).  

Price for my cruise in March is 99 CAD with the black friday sale. For my friend's cruise in January, it's 33 CAD.

That's what is keeping me from purchasing it. That's an insane difference.

32 minutes ago, Rocha said:

Price for my cruise in March is 99 CAD with the black friday sale. For my friend's cruise in January, it's 33 CAD.

That's what is keeping me from purchasing it. That's an insane difference.

Is your friend's Jan cruise on an Oasis class ship?  Is yours?  Seems like all prices on Coco Cay are higher (sometimes significantly higher) for Oasis class.  More suckers/customers willing to pay the higher prices.