Help Please with Misc Questions

GMoney

I just booked a February cruise on Encore in a studio. I haven’t sailed NCL in years, and am looking for answers to a few questions. I may not have all the NCL lingo / branding correct. Thanks. 

1. Dining Package. I’ve purchased one, but see prices on the menu.  😳 How does this work?

2. Is there a pass to the thermal suite and how much is it?

3. The studio lounge appears to have a coffee machine. Is it free or charge?

4. Can the tv in the studio cabin be repositioned?

5. Is the ultimate WiFi really better than regular wifi?  Is there a tangible difference in speed?

We'll be on our first NCL cruise in February, so I don't have answers to most of your questions, but regarding the WiFi, I think it's labeled "unlimited",  not "ultimate", so I don't think the difference relates to the quality of usage, just the amount.  

I'll answer what I can:

1. The prices are what you would pay if you didn't have the dining package. With the dining package you just order what you want, although you are restricted to one entree. There are some items which have an uncharge, and that is also stated on the menu.

3. Yes, it is free.

4. I've never tried, but I very much doubt it.

5. As above, I haven't seen the internet described as "ultimate". You can get packages which include a set number of minutes, or unlimited. The unlimited packages have different tiers. Social Media, which gives access to a limited number of sites, Standard, which doesn't have restrictions to sites, but doesn't include streaming etc., or premium, which includes everything.

Edited by KeithJenner

23 hours ago, GMoney said:

I just booked a February cruise on Encore in a studio. I haven’t sailed NCL in years, and am looking for answers to a few questions. I may not have all the NCL lingo / branding correct. Thanks. 

1. Dining Package. I’ve purchased one, but see prices on the menu.  😳 How does this work?

You can order one entree and and many sides and appetizers as you wish.

2. Is there a pass to the thermal suite and how much is it?

$220 but you can pre purchase, you can take a tour once you board if you are undecided.

3,The studio lounge appears to have a coffee machine. Is it free or charge?

Free!!  A really good perk, and it makes hot chocolate as well.  There will be small snacks set out too, cookies in the afternoon, cereals in the morning.

4. Can the tv in the studio cabin be repositioned?

Only angled, you can't move it.  You can lie in bed and watch it laying on your side.

5. Is the ultimate WiFi really better than regular wifi?  Is there a tangible difference in speed?

Answers in red

Have fun!!

Please note that when eating on the dining package, you will often be told one appetizer, one entree, one dessert by the server. The only part of this that is correct is the one entree.

The terms and conditions on the dining package are pretty easy to find on NCL's website. I always print a copy of those out and bring them along with the rest of my paperwork just in case, but we've not had any issues -- mainly because we usually only order one appetizer and one dessert. 😀