OCEAN CAY - Meraviglia - Walk to YC Beach Photos

Formula280SS

On 12/8/2019 at 8:29 PM, Formula280SS said:

All the walkways to the various venues are wide concrete.  There is a lot of golf cart food, beverage and transportation traffic; but no incidents noticed.

They have BEACH TIRE WHEEL CHAIRS that we saw regularly.  Traveled on the sand apparently quite well.

Thank you for your response!

Thank you for the wonderful pictures and information!!   I am sailing in February and in the yacht club.  On line the umbrellas were still a charge.  Did something change recently to say that the umbrellas were free for YC guests?   We booked a cabana but are not in the yacht club area.  I just could not support paying $450 for the YC cabana so I booked a non YC cabana without the snorkel equipment for $250.  They look pretty much the same to me.  I may even change this as it gets closer and just rent two umbrellas.  Still waiting to see if any changes will be made regarding OC.

3 hours ago, CUontheC said:

Thank you for the wonderful pictures and information!!   I am sailing in February and in the yacht club.  On line the umbrellas were still a charge.  Did something change recently to say that the umbrellas were free for YC guests?   We booked a cabana but are not in the yacht club area.  I just could not support paying $450 for the YC cabana so I booked a non YC cabana without the snorkel equipment for $250.  They look pretty much the same to me.  I may even change this as it gets closer and just rent two umbrellas.  Still waiting to see if any changes will be made regarding OC.

Well, we're heading back there Saturday and I'll try to update re: umbrella's, cabanas, etc.

There is much talk from YC management about recommendations.  They are very responsive to the impressions of the guests when they return; especially in the YC lounge (what did you like, what would you also like, what did you not like).  We heard some cabana users state they didn't use the 'water toys and would have liked to have had the cabana priced at a base +add on's that you want.

Guess we'll see continued changes.

It is a really, really nice Island.  We'd spend a week there versus another cruise if we could currently do so; but they are doing heavy construction when the ships aren't there so probably not a good idea until the Island done.

We're not cabana people; very happy with two loungers and an umbrella close to the ocean.  If we had our grandkids or family members we'd probably consider such.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Formula280SS said:

Well, we're heading back there Saturday and I'll try to update re: umbrella's, cabanas, etc.

There is much talk from YC management about recommendations.  They are very responsive to the impressions of the guests when they return; especially in the YC lounge (what did you like, what would you also like, what did you not like).  We heard some cabana users state they didn't use the 'water toys and would have liked to have had the cabana priced at a base +add on's that you want.

Guess we'll see continued changes.

It is a really, really nice Island.  We'd spend a week there versus another cruise if we could currently do so; but they are doing heavy construction when the ships aren't there so probably not a good idea until the Island done.

We're not cabana people; very happy with two loungers and an umbrella close to the ocean.  If we had our grandkids or family members we'd probably consider such.  

Thank you for the info.  And I agree I wish they were priced without the add ons as I won't use them either.  This way they would be more affordable.   I can't wait to go and I may just get an umbrella and the loungers like you.    Have a wonderful time.  Look forward to the update.