Oasis- free shakes in JR with drink pkg?

1 hour ago, lisa6191 said:

Coming at it from the other direction, I wonder if you could argue that a milkshake is an ice cream/food item and should be included with UDP? I believe JR is a cover charge restaurant on Oasis so I wonder if they would cover it on the visit if you are getting food also.

You could argue that, and I expect them to say nice try, but milkshakes are not covered by dining packages.

9 hours ago, ourfamilylovescruising said:

we just got off the Oasis and ate at JR and were told you can only get a milk shake if you eat there 

my husband tried twice to just get a milk shake and was told no

We also just got off Oasis and were able to go to JR and just get shakes.  We were Star Class so that may have been the difference.

45 minutes ago, CP3o said:

I assume it's no problem if not star class but have the UDP and the UBP to sit down and get a burger and a shake, right?  Or would there be any concern about it being a sea day or not and at lunch time or not?

I would think that the UDP would not cover your lunch if it wasn't a sea day.

Just now, Host Clarea said:

I would think that the UDP would not cover your lunch if it wasn't a sea day.

Per the Terms & Conditions one would assume this, as that is actually in writing.  From my experience, it seems that whenever they are open you can use the UDP.  This goes for all of the for-a-free restaurants.

But then it also states in writing that hibachi is covered and we know how that game goes 😉

Just now, AshleyDillo said:

PS:  To make it even more confusing you get free fountain soda at JR when you eat there even when you have NO sort of a drink package.  I had the UDP and used that to get my bubbly caffeine fix on Oasis.

A while back, Royal used the addition of soda at the same time they imposed a significant price increase on JR.  In other words, the addition of soda was a fairly recent (few years) change.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Tulsacoker said:

I was charged for lunch on  port day when I have the UDP

Oh my.  Ok, assuming have both UDP and UBP and walk in to get a shake, good to go if after 4pm b/c dining fee waived for UDP and UBP includes the shake?  I dunno when "dinner" starts on the unlimited plan.  

I also assume they don't make shakes available during "breakfast" hours so that would be a no-go.

6 minutes ago, Jahquis27 said:

Boarded the Oasis yesterday. We had no problem getting a milkshake to go with a refreshment package. We are staying in a Central Park balcony. 

No food purchase required, correct?

• 1 month later...