Oasis- free shakes in JR with drink pkg?

11 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Yes, as long as they don't have protein powder.

Thanks for your help! Wish we would have known about JR and Vitality Cafe when we had the refreshment packages on our last 3 cruises on Allure and Anthem! Does RCCL have a list of what exactly is included for each of their packages? Do you know if JR food is included with the UDP as well? 

22 minutes ago, cruisingfanatic said:

Thanks for your help! Wish we would have known about JR and Vitality Cafe when we had the refreshment packages on our last 3 cruises on Allure and Anthem! Does RCCL have a list of what exactly is included for each of their packages? Do you know if JR food is included with the UDP as well? 

Ha ha, you made me laugh about Royal having a list of exactly what is included.  Royal does not make lists like that, it's much too confining. 

JR food is included with the UDP.  If you are on a ship where JR charges by the item, then you get a $35 allowance per visit.

8 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

The free shakes with the UBP or the refreshment package is ship dependant.  On some ships you are required to make a food purchase in order to get the free shake. 

what if you have the booze package and dining package?  Are both JR and the shakes free?  Will be on liberty In a few months.  

1 hour ago, ourfamilylovescruising said:

we just got off the Oasis and ate at JR and were told you can only get a milk shake if you eat there 

my husband tried twice to just get a milk shake and was told no

Thanks for the update.

On 12/9/2019 at 10:01 PM, Host Clarea said:

Ha ha, you made me laugh about Royal having a list of exactly what is included.  Royal does not make lists like that, it's much too confining. 

JR food is included with the UDP.  If you are on a ship where JR charges by the item, then you get a $35 allowance per visit.

If you get the $35 allowance, can you use that for milkshakes/drinks or is it food only? I guess I have the same question for allowances at Portside BBQ and Playmakers with the UDP.

2 minutes ago, lisa6191 said:

If you get the $35 allowance, can you use that for milkshakes/drinks or is it food only? I guess I have the same question for allowances at Portside BBQ and Playmakers with the UDP.

The UDP allowance is for food, not beverages.

1 minute ago, Host Clarea said:

The UDP allowance is for food, not beverages.

OK I figured. It occurred to me after I posted that it doesn't really matter - we are taking our adult sons on the cruise, and they will have both the UDP and DBP. They are the ones who would want the milkshakes/drinks, hubby and I only drink water for the most part (at least with meals).

I do think it is ridiculous that you can't get a milkshake without eating at JR. That seems like they just don't feel like doing it, no real justification otherwise.

6 minutes ago, lisa6191 said:

I do think it is ridiculous that you can't get a milkshake without eating at JR. That seems like they just don't feel like doing it, no real justification otherwise.

Unfortunately, this type of policy is not uncommon and varies ship to ship and maybe cruise to cruise depending on management.

8 minutes ago, lisa6191 said:

Might be they dont want the restaurant full of kids and people getting free milkshakes while others are trying to get seated and have a meal ? just a thought 

Just now, Tulsacoker said:

Might be they dont want the restaurant full of kids and people getting free milkshakes while others are trying to get seated and have a meal ? just a thought 

Could be. I was mainly envisioning a milkshake as a takeaway, but you're right, it might be bad to have tables taken up with just milkshake customers.

Coming at it from the other direction, I wonder if you could argue that a milkshake is an ice cream/food item and should be included with UDP? I believe JR is a cover charge restaurant on Oasis so I wonder if they would cover it on the visit if you are getting food also.

26 minutes ago, lisa6191 said:

Coming at it from the other direction, I wonder if you could argue that a milkshake is an ice cream/food item and should be included with UDP? I believe JR is a cover charge restaurant on Oasis so I wonder if they would cover it on the visit if you are getting food also.

Good point .. and maybe have the Ice cream stores (B&J, etc) on ship provide the Milkshakes for those. JR's is covered if you have the UDP but the milkshakes is not unless you have the beverage package also