Epic inside cabin bathroom

Dixe Lee

I have read many posts about the bathroom setup for an inside cabin on Epic, cat 1C but all I seem to find are comments about the “weird” setup. Please help! What exactly does that mean? I am putting this out there but if I use the toilet and DH is in the room is there not a door to the toilet room? I am okay with the sink in the room but there comes a time when I want privacy when on the toilet 🚽 Thanks in advance for all answers 

The toilet and shower are separate ' rooms', on either side of the cabin's entry door. Each room is surrounded by frosted glass , not a wall.   You can see the outline of someone who is in one of those rooms, but you don't see the 'details'. It's kind of like seeing a shadow. If you are bothered by the notion that someone can see you, all you have to do is pull the large curtain that covers both rooms.

I travelled with my cousin and we actually liked the set up.  Having 3 separate areas, made it very convenient to get ready in the mornings.  One of us could dress in the room, while the other dressed behind the curtain.

A common complaint is that someone could enter the room while you're in the shower.  While that person could see that someone is in the shower they couldn't see anything.  But geez, there are locks on doors, plus a Do Not Disturb button so that shouldn't be a problem.

I don't understand why people don't like the layout.  I mean what do they do in there that a hollow core door will save them from ?  

There's an image of the Inside Room on the NCL web site:  

https://www.ncl.com/cruise-ship/epic/staterooms/inside

Or search for youtube video .....' ncl epic bathroom"  or ' ncl epic inside room'  , such as this one:

Edited by mapleleaves

1 hour ago, Dixe Lee said:

I have read many posts about the bathroom setup for an inside cabin on Epic, cat 1C but all I seem to find are comments about the “weird” setup. Please help! What exactly does that mean? I am putting this out there but if I use the toilet and DH is in the room is there not a door to the toilet room? I am okay with the sink in the room but there comes a time when I want privacy when on the toilet 🚽 Thanks in advance for all answers 

There are no bathrooms from inside up through minisuite. Just frosted glass stalls with a privacy curtain if needed. 

we have been on the Epic 7 times and have absolutely no problem with the set up. 

So glad for all of this information 😃 Frosted glass doesn’t bother me at all but now I know “the details” will remain private, just between me and the toilet. What confused me was the curtain and I thought that surely there is more than just that between the toilet and the rest of the room. I feel much better now.  You are all awesome and much appreciated.

• Thanks 1

Just viewed the videos and the setup is really kind of cool. The toilet being separate from the shower is nice and the shower is huge! Also you are right as well, can’t see much through the frosted glass.  This is very interesting and was already excited but now just that much more. Something so minor but was really starting to bother me but I am ok now. 

Generally speaking, a bathroom trip in the middle of the night will be much quieter and less light with the conventional all-in-one bathroom.  If the bathroom setup on the Epic had been popular the ships that were built after her would have that same bathroom setup.

8 hours ago, fshagan said:

It's fine for a couple. I think a family with shy teens might have a problem with it, or friends who aren't that intimate could have an issue with it.

You are so right.  A teenage son will need some serious privacy at some point.

16 minutes ago, MrsKC08 said:

Quite honestly, the bathroom set up is the main reason we canceled our booking back when Epic first sailed and why we would never consider it for our cruise vacation...and we are a married couple. LOL

I am sorry to hear that and I hope we don’t find this to be to problematic. I showed DH the videos and he said we could roll with it. Our itinerary and price is to good to pass on. I have to admit that I am still a little nervous about this but it is not a deal breaker. 

27 minutes ago, Dixe Lee said:

I am sorry to hear that and I hope we don’t find this to be to problematic. I showed DH the videos and he said we could roll with it. Our itinerary and price is to good to pass on. I have to admit that I am still a little nervous about this but it is not a deal breaker. 

Enjoy your cruise. For us, there are plenty of other options out there. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MrsKC08 said:

Enjoy your cruise. For us, there are plenty of other options out there. 

You are so right that there are lots of other options This is our first cruise on NCL Haven’t been on a ship yet we did not like some more than others Frankly I did not read reviews of the cabin until after we booked Wouldn’t have stopped us from booking but I did get concerned about this toilet thing and it is me that is concerned DH isn’t ( probably a guy thing 😃) Hope and expect to have a great cruise Time will tell if this puts us off the Epic forever after.

• Like 1

Funniest comment I read about the bathroom was that it was like "pooping in a phone booth..." 😃

The Epic inside was my least favorite inside stateroom but it was as much due to its small size (we had to put the stool in the closet so we had room to walk around) as the bathroom. I liked the separation of the sink, toilet, and shower - I didn't like the frosted glass and its location near the door...just a little too exposed for my taste. Still we don't spend a lot of time in the room when we have an inside, and I had a spa pass, so I showered and what not in there. The spa is worth it!

• 3 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Someone asked what was there not to like about the strange bathroom set up. Well, I dont like to brush my teeth or even apply make up in front of my travel partner who happens to be an unrelated male. (my son in law)  This hasnt come up yet because we havnt been on the Epic together but it doesnt appeal.  I always think there should always be a sink wherever there is a toilet. I know some hotels are set up with the sink outside the bathroom.   Put a sink in with the toilet 'room" and the set up would not be nearly as weird although certainly not elegant