Help with Pearl decisions - cabin type and location & drinks package

mef_57

I have only done one other NCL cruise - on Dawn last November.

There was a website flash sale or error this morning with super prices on solo bookings on  a 11 day Panama cruise on Pearl Feb 2021. I jumped at it and booked 2 cabins.

Minisuite Deck 11 (11102).  this one seems to be a noise gamble.  It is under the big void area on Dec 12 aft of the teen area. I have heard it is 'nothing' or 'the buffet'.  I am hoping for some feedback whether this is part of the buffet seating, or whether there would be crew noises early or late?  Or deck noise transfer to the balcony particularly when in port?

Alternative is Balcony Deck 9 pretty much guaranteed to be quiet, so a reliable alternative.

I only need one cabin, so need to decide which to cancel.  If the Mini suite won't be noisy, I would most likely choose that.

Also, I haven't been eligible for perks before.  Are there limitations on the drinks perks? As in drink price limit or where I can use it?  I am not much of a drinker but do like a glass or 2 of wine with dinner and perhaps a beer at the pool.  I expect I could stretch to a fourth drink if I put my mind to it 😉  Can I use the package in the dining areas, or just the bars? If only bars, can I carry my drink into dinner?

Thanks for any insight.

Edited by mef_57
corrected cabin number

34 minutes ago, ColeThornton said:

To find information on what the perks include/exclude, click on the promo.  On the next page scroll to the bottom and click on Terms and Conditions.

'kay. The site was down, or running slow, and hadn't found my way around to the perks. but will give it some time then.

2 hours ago, mef_57 said:

I have only done one other NCL cruise - on Dawn last November.

There was a website flash sale or error this morning with super prices on solo bookings on  a 11 day Panama cruise on Pearl Feb 2021. I jumped at it and booked 2 cabins.

Minisuite Deck 11 (11102).  this one seems to be a noise gamble.  It is under the big void area on Dec 12 aft of the teen area. I have heard it is 'nothing' or 'the buffet'.  I am hoping for some feedback whether this is part of the buffet seating, or whether there would be crew noises early or late?  Or deck noise transfer to the balcony particularly when in port?

Alternative is Balcony Deck 9 pretty much guaranteed to be quiet, so a reliable alternative.

I only need one cabin, so need to decide which to cancel.  If the Mini suite won't be noisy, I would most likely choose that.

Also, I haven't been eligible for perks before.  Are there limitations on the drinks perks? As in drink price limit or where I can use it?  I am not much of a drinker but do like a glass or 2 of wine with dinner and perhaps a beer at the pool.  I expect I could stretch to a fourth drink if I put my mind to it 😉  Can I use the package in the dining areas, or just the bars? If only bars, can I carry my drink into dinner?

Thanks for any insight.

I can't help you with the location of the cabin but as for the drink package you can have as many as you want.  I always take the drink package as I love to drink when I cruise.  Mind you I never really get drunk as the drinks are pretty weak but I do like to be able to order what I want without thinking about money.  If you don't drink very much you might not want the drink package as you are paying the beverage service charge per day.  That is a total of $217.80 for 11 days.  Just a thought.

43 minutes ago, halberd7 said:

11102 is indeed under the buffet, however, I'm not certain if seating is placed there. If you go to cruisedeckplans.com, you can actually drag deck 12 on top of deck 11 and see just what part of the buffet is over that cabin.

Thanks.  That is helpful.  I was able to find a number of reviews on cabins nearby and it doesn't scream out 'noisy cabin'.  A comment about hearing kids running down the corridor at 8a.m. and occasional chair scrape.

40 minutes ago, Greek Boss said:

They were discussing this sailing on the NCL Latitudes Group facebook page. I would keep an eye on your reservations because people were saying that NCL acknowledged it was an error and aren't honoring the prices. 

I do have confirmation of financial deposit.  You think they will renege on those?  Well, if they do, there is no loss other than disappointment....at least this far out.

37 minutes ago, robin13 said:

I can't help you with the location of the cabin but as for the drink package you can have as many as you want.  I always take the drink package as I love to drink when I cruise.  Mind you I never really get drunk as the drinks are pretty weak but I do like to be able to order what I want without thinking about money.  If you don't drink very much you might not want the drink package as you are paying the beverage service charge per day.  That is a total of $217.80 for 11 days.  Just a thought.

I did consider the service charge, but even with Cdn dollars (so SC is $298Cdn), that is maybe 3 glasses of wine a day.   Thanks for reminding me though.

2 hours ago, ColeThornton said:

To find information on what the perks include/exclude, click on the promo.  On the next page scroll to the bottom and click on Terms and Conditions.

So, I finally found the promo rules and regs.  It all looked acceptable until I got to this line.....

Offer is not applicable at Harvest Caye bars, restaurants, or venues

So, do you think it means you can't use it in the ships MDR?  or specialty restaurants?  that would be a deal breaker for me.

2 minutes ago, mef_57 said:

So, I finally found the promo rules and regs.  It all looked acceptable until I got to this line.....

Offer is not applicable at Harvest Caye bars, restaurants, or venues

So, do you think it means you can't use it in the ships MDR?  or specialty restaurants?  that would be a deal breaker for me.

You can use it at all bars and restaurants ...That is just for Harvest Caye the private island ...you are good to go !!!

4 minutes ago, Jldevlin said:

You can use it at all bars and restaurants ...That is just for Harvest Caye the private island ...you are good to go !!!

Okay.....reread it.  Now it makes sense. Thanks for that confirmation. Thanks!  Not usually so dense. too much multi tasking today 🙂

Edited by mef_57

15 hours ago, mef_57 said:

Sigh. They cancelled all these bookings. It was fun while it lasted

Yeah, unfortunately some don't have your good attitude and they rarely read the Guest Contract which includes this:

(b) Upgrades/Errors: Carrier reserves the right to collect the fare in effect for the accommodations selected by the Guest. Carrier shall be entitled to, but not obligated to, upgrade any guest free of charge to higher priced accommodations, at the sole discretion of Carrier. Carrier shall not be obligated to honor any booking resulting from, nor shall be responsible or liable whatsoever in connection with, misprints or errors of any kind, whether in brochures, advertisements, on the Internet, during the booking process or otherwise, that result in Guest being undercharged for the cruise. Carrier reserves the right, prior to sailing, to collect the correct fare or cancel the booking and refund any payment made by Guest. Carrier reserves the right to cancel any booking and/or deny boarding to any Guest that maintains an outstanding balance in any amount owed to Carrier.

I've been scouring the itins. too, looking for something to book using my 2 CNCs.  Still looking.

Hope you find a nice reasonable cruise you can be happy with. 

Cheers

48 minutes ago, All-ready2cruise said:

Yeah, unfortunately some don't have your good attitude and they rarely read the Guest Contract which includes this:

(b) Upgrades/Errors: Carrier reserves the right to collect the fare in effect for the accommodations selected by the Guest. Carrier shall be entitled to, but not obligated to, upgrade any guest free of charge to higher priced accommodations, at the sole discretion of Carrier. Carrier shall not be obligated to honor any booking resulting from, nor shall be responsible or liable whatsoever in connection with, misprints or errors of any kind, whether in brochures, advertisements, on the Internet, during the booking process or otherwise, that result in Guest being undercharged for the cruise. Carrier reserves the right, prior to sailing, to collect the correct fare or cancel the booking and refund any payment made by Guest. Carrier reserves the right to cancel any booking and/or deny boarding to any Guest that maintains an outstanding balance in any amount owed to Carrier.

I've been scouring the itins. too, looking for something to book using my 2 CNCs.  Still looking.

Hope you find a nice reasonable cruise you can be happy with. 

Cheers

I've stopped reading the facebook page where I learned about this as even the moderator is trying to get compensation for their time (what, 30 minutes!??!) and 'disappointment'. Too much sense of entitlement in my opinion.

Last year I had 2 cruises in 6 weeks that were either good sales or a typo that was honored. I wasn't particularly looking to cruise but they were too good to pass up. I considered them gifts and will always be thankful for that opportunity. Otherwise, I'll just keep looking....guess I like the adventure of the hunt 😁

Hope you find a good cruise for yourself.

Happy Holidays.

• Like 1