B2B Check-in at Brooklyn

vjmatty

I've never done a B2B before.....when we check in for the first sailing, will they also know we're on the next sailing and check us in for both?

I can't find anything in the Personalizer recognizing it's a B2B and I'm not sure if I need to notify anyone beforehand. 

3 minutes ago, vjmatty said:

I've never done a B2B before.....when we check in for the first sailing, will they also know we're on the next sailing and check us in for both?

I can't find anything in the Personalizer recognizing it's a B2B and I'm not sure if I need to notify anyone beforehand. 

Nothing for you to do. They know.

Princess will do it after the first one is completed.

It is very seamless.

If you downloaded the medallion app you will be able to access your itinerary. It should indicate all the days you will be on the ship. Mine does. If your turn around day is back in Brooklyn instructions will be delivered to your cabin. You will be required to go through immigration. Be sure to read and follow the instructions exactly.

We have experienced different situations depending on the Port and the number of B2B passengers on-board.

In Alaska we attended a informational meeting complete with prizes mid way through.  On a Fort Lauderdale sailing there were a lot of B2B folks and immigration came on the ship and cleared us without having to get off.  In Miami we had to walk off as a group and clear customs and then return to the ship.  You are at the mercy of all the other B2B passengers to be on time.  

Will you be in the same room both sailings?  If yes, awesome!  If you have to change rooms, you will need to pack up and your steward will move your belongings to the new room.  I would recommend that you seek out your new room steward and let him or her know you are B2B and they will be sure your room is made up early so it will be easy to hang out in the room if you want.

You will also be provided an "in-transit" card so if you choose to get off the ship you can skip the lines getting back on with the In-transit card.

Yes, your medallion will work on both sailings.  I did notice the door activation required me placing the medallion next to the sensor near the end of the 2nd week.

Enjoy your cruises....

Edited by Sam.Seattle
added medalion info

21 hours ago, skynight said:

If you downloaded the medallion app you will be able to access your itinerary. It should indicate all the days you will be on the ship. Mine does. If your turn around day is back in Brooklyn instructions will be delivered to your cabin. You will be required to go through immigration. Be sure to read and follow the instructions exactly.

Yes, I have read about immigration on turn around day....we are upstate New Yorkers and will probably visit friends in Brooklyn, maybe take in lunch at our favorite Greek restaurant if we feel like going into Manhattan. 

4 hours ago, Sam.Seattle said:

We have experienced different situations depending on the Port and the number of B2B passengers on-board.

In Alaska we attended a informational meeting complete with prizes mid way through.  On a Fort Lauderdale sailing there were a lot of B2B folks and immigration came on the ship and cleared us without having to get off.  In Miami we had to walk off as a group and clear customs and then return to the ship.  You are at the mercy of all the other B2B passengers to be on time.  

Will you be in the same room both sailings?  If yes, awesome!  If you have to change rooms, you will need to pack up and your steward will move your belongings to the new room.  I would recommend that you seek out your new room steward and let him or her know you are B2B and they will be sure your room is made up early so it will be easy to hang out in the room if you want.

You will also be provided an "in-transit" card so if you choose to get off the ship you can skip the lines getting back on with the In-transit card.

Yes, your medallion will work on both sailings.  I did notice the door activation required me placing the medallion next to the sensor near the end of the 2nd week.

Enjoy your cruises....

Yes, same stateroom for both cruises, which is part of the reason I added the first cruise.

I'm not expecting a lot of other B2B people because the first cruise includes Election Day in the US and I don't know how many states have early voting as NY does.  Also the second sailing is a repo to Ft Lauderdsle so I imagine most people wanting a B2B will take that as their first sailing and the next one as a round trip in Ft Lauderdale.  Most people are also not crazy enough to book a vacation that requires packing  for both cold and warm itineraries 😉 Of course, if I'm wrong and we have a group doing what we're doing I'm sure we'll enjoy the company 😊

Edited by vjmatty