Upgrade Drink Package

caddion

Is it possible to upgrade from the basic drink package that you get as a perk to the premium package without having to pay for the four perks?

i thought I read somewhere that you can upgrade, you just need to pay the difference, approx $10 per day, can anyone confirm this?

Thanks,

Phil. 

Thanks or the info, it’s exactly what I wanted to hear. I wasn’t aware that both people don’t have to upgrade which might be handy and thanks for the tip about leaving it for a day  

This will be my first Celebrity cruise and I’m already noticing some nice changes.  

Phil

49 minutes ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

Yes, you can upgrade to the premium package for $11.20 ($10 +20% gratuity) pp pd.  Either pre cruise, or once you board.

$10 + 20% = $12.00, not $11.20.

It should be offered in your cruise planner and you don't have to upgrade both packages. On our last cruise (last week), we upgraded mine only as the DW doesn't really drink and I could get the Evian for the room and San Pelligrino at mealtimes.

16 minutes ago, Guindalf said:

It should be offered in your cruise planner and you don't have to upgrade both packages.

I haven’t booked yet, I’m off to see my travel agent this afternoon, but thanks for the info. 

If you’ve never sailed Celebrity, just be aware that if you order a drink over the Classic Package price point of $9...you just pay the difference and 20% gratuity.  So depending on what you drink, it might be cheaper just to pay the upcharge for a few drinks.

At any rate, if you do decide to upgrade onboard, select a bartender at a bar you plan on frequenting as you will make a friend.

3 hours ago, helen haywood said:

If you’ve never sailed Celebrity, just be aware that if you order a drink over the Classic Package price point of $9...you just pay the difference and 20% gratuity

Wow that’s good to know, other lines would charge the entire drink price. 

3 hours ago, helen haywood said:

At any rate, if you do decide to upgrade onboard, select a bartender at a bar you plan on frequenting as you will make a friend.

Good tip thanks. 

Phil

I've upgraded in the past from classic to premium and wound up upgrading both people because I'm a wine brat and love my San Pelligrino and my daughter likes her frozen drinks so we wound up doing both.  It now says it's $12 a day to upgrade but I think that's because the tip used to be 15% or 18% and now it's 20%.  I find if you're already getting the perks it's definitely worth it.

Thanks for the info everyone, I've now booked my cruise but don't see anything about perks on the cruise planner. My cruise is still a long way off so I'm thinking all the details will come through later on, would this be right?

Phil

3 minutes ago, CruiseCrew123 said:

Sounds like you may have bought a cruise only deal as if it included perks it would be in your confirmation 

The drink package is listed on the invoice from the TA, I’ll give her a call next week. 

Phil

The included perks do not show in the planner straight away, they usually unbundle them about a week ahead of your sailing date.

They will be on the invoice though as you state.

You can get Celebrity to unbundle them earlier though upon request.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mark_T said:

The included perks do not show in the planner straight away, they usually unbundle them about a week ahead of your sailing date.

They will be on the invoice though as you state.

You can get Celebrity to unbundle them earlier though upon request.

Thanks Mark_T, I didn't know that, seems a bit strange, I would think they would get a lot of calls about that, anyway at least I know now.

Phil

14 hours ago, caddion said:

Thanks for the info everyone, I've now booked my cruise but don't see anything about perks on the cruise planner. My cruise is still a long way off so I'm thinking all the details will come through later on, would this be right?

Phil

It is usually much closer to cruising before you will see the Bev package showing on cruise planner..not to worry...