Question about upgrading

txflood33

Currently in an AQ aft....1133 Millie...we have all four perks, but some of those we added and are paying for

If I were to upgrade to a Sky Suite, would the price reflect a deduction of the perks I paid for as all 4 perks are included with a suite?

For example, if I paid for $750 (made up number) for 3 perks, and the cost to upgrade to a SS is $1000($500pp). Would the actual cost be $250 total as the cost of the perks would come back to me as suites include all four perks? 

Does it work the same with the Move up offer?

Celebrity will reprice your reservation at the existing rate/promo.  You will pay the different between the price you paid for AQ with the three perks and the price of the Sky Suite that includes all perks. 

If you decide to make an offer for a move up, you will keep your existing three perks that you have with AQ, but you will not receive the 4.

Edited by Want2Cruise 701
  • Thanks 1

If you purchased perks like wifi or beverage package via cruise planner and you subsequently reprice at a rate which includes the perks in the booking price you can just cancel the purchase in cruise planner and that will be refunded.

As the above poster said you don't get any additional perks included with a successfull MoveUp bid.

Maybe I haven't had enough coffee yet, but I'm still confused.  If I have two perks that came in a promotion from Celebrity with my regular balcony cabin and I win an upbid for a suite, do I retain the two perks I had or does the suite come with all 4 perks?  Or do the suites you win in an upbid not come with any perks?

A move up bid gets you the higher level cabin and the amenities associated with the new cabin , eg Luninae,  Butler, MC/Retreat Lounge.  You do not get the 4 perks,  you would keep what you had  before the MoveUp bid.   Nor do you get the CC points for the higher cabin.

13 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

Maybe I haven't had enough coffee yet, but I'm still confused.  If I have two perks that came in a promotion from Celebrity with my regular balcony cabin and I win an upbid for a suite, do I retain the two perks I had or does the suite come with all 4 perks?  Or do the suites you win in an upbid not come with any perks?

No perks come with a move up.  You do keep your existing perks with a move up though.  Ex.  If I had perks on my existing reservation, I keep them.  If I had zero perks, then I have zero perks with the move up even in Suites.

The only different is if you receive a move up to a Signature Suite and above, you will get a beverage package and internet.  Signature Suites and above automatically come with that.  I know.  It's confusing.

No, that's very helpful!  I just remembered hearing that you got zero perks when bidding on a suite....and I don't want to give up my beloved Classic Beverage Package....even for Luminae and more room, LOL.  So since I have the two perks (Bev Pkg and OBC) from X, I'd keep them if I "won" the upbid.  Thanks!  (I used to live in Atlanta!)