Aurea Easy Drinks on Seaside...

Sthrncrusr

I managed to book our summer cruise for May without double checking what had changed since we last cruised the Seaside. Whoops/Yikes. Apparently, the Easy package is not as good as the old Classic package from what I can tell. If you've recently sailed the Seaside with Aurea (without upgrading your drinks package) could you please give me some examples of what you were able to order alcohol wise? I can't seem to locate menus from our ship and the ones I do locate only list two beers and literally nothing else but coffee and fruit juice. I'm cringing.... Was the gelato still included? We will be black card/diamond when we cruise this time and I'm not sure that will help. Any feedback is appreciated!

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/2/2020 at 12:33 AM, Sthrncrusr said:

I managed to book our summer cruise for May without double checking what had changed since we last cruised the Seaside. Whoops/Yikes. Apparently, the Easy package is not as good as the old Classic package from what I can tell. If you've recently sailed the Seaside with Aurea (without upgrading your drinks package) could you please give me some examples of what you were able to order alcohol wise? I can't seem to locate menus from our ship and the ones I do locate only list two beers and literally nothing else but coffee and fruit juice. I'm cringing.... Was the gelato still included? We will be black card/diamond when we cruise this time and I'm not sure that will help. Any feedback is appreciated!

Its very limited, definitely not Gelato, none of the drink packages include Gelato anymore.

Easy includes: Smirnoff, Bacardi White, Dewar's, Seagram's 7, Gordon's, and maybe on or two other specific liquors. 2-3 whites by the glass, 1 pink, 2-3 reds. Prosecco and Asti. 2 beers, Miller Lite and Heineken. All Non-alcoholic drinks. 

Specific cocktails: Moscow mule, Long island ice tea, Greyhound, rum and coke (or other mixer), vodka lemon (or other mixer), 7 and 7, etc.  Very basic mixed drinks.

And any drinks $6 ans under, which basically also includes Campari and Aperol. .

It's extremely basic, and very specific. No tequilas. No liqueurs. No frozen alcohol drinks or Pina colada, etc.  There's a workaround: order virgin frozen drink and shot of Liquor and mix together.  

Personally, we'd upgrade to Premium every time. The Easy package, while it works fine for many, simply doesn't cover what either of us drink. It's the difference in price between the two packages. Do it in advance and you don't pay the service charge...

The Easy menus have been posted lots of times.  Heres the list again - these are the specific drinks available.  Modify-able, within reason, ie Vodka tonic or Dewar's ginger.  Can't swap brands though.  

FB_IMG_1580229496285.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

58 minutes ago, reedprincess said:

Its very limited, definitely not Gelato, none of the drink packages include Gelato anymore.

Easy includes: Smirnoff, Bacardi White, Dewar's, Seagram's 7, Gordon's, and maybe on or two other specific liquors. 2-3 whites by the glass, 1 pink, 2-3 reds. Prosecco and Asti. 2 beers, Miller Lite and Heineken. All Non-alcoholic drinks. 

Specific cocktails: Moscow mule, Long island ice tea, Greyhound, rum and coke (or other mixer), vodka lemon (or other mixer), 7 and 7, etc.  Very basic mixed drinks.

And any drinks $6 ans under, which basically also includes Campari and Aperol. .

It's extremely basic, and very specific. No tequilas. No liqueurs. No frozen alcohol drinks or Pina colada, etc.  There's a workaround: order virgin frozen drink and shot of Liquor and mix together.  

Personally, we'd upgrade to Premium every time. The Easy package, while it works fine for many, simply doesn't cover what either of us drink. It's the difference in price between the two packages. Do it in advance and you don't pay the service charge...

The Easy menus have been posted lots of times.  Heres the list again - these are the specific drinks available.  Modify-able, within reason, ie Vodka tonic or Dewar's ginger.  Can't swap brands though.  

FB_IMG_1580229496285.jpg

32 minutes ago, Portcityjames said:

How many drinks can you order at once and is there a daily limit. I know some cruise lines limit it to 15 drinks a day I believe. 

You can order 2 drinks each trip to the bar per cruise card (per person).

No limits on how many drinks in a day you are allowed.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, reedprincess said:

FB_IMG_1580229496285.jpg

Do they at least have Diet Coke (or Diet Pepsi)?????

1 hour ago, reedprincess said:

Of course. Coke products, and a wide range of soda.  Those fall under Non-alcoholic drinks. 

Thank you for the reply and information.  But the "of course" isn't really accurate given the extensive limitations of the easy package

34 minutes ago, Jembeccatoo said:

Vodka and cranberry is no problem.

For the mojito, order the non-alcoholic version ( nojito) and ask for a shot of rum on the side. Some bartenders will mix it together for you.

👍 But the whole thing is endlessly ridiculous

6 hours ago, jkgourmet said:

I can only guess that in the eyes of MSC, when we order a Nojito and a shot of rum, it’s equivalent to ordering 2 separate drinks, something they allow.

Now here’s a different take on it...

can I order a Long Island Ice Tea without vodka, rum, gin and cola and create a Margarita by omission?

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Jembeccatoo said:

I can only guess that in the eyes of MSC, when we order a Nojito and a shot of rum, it’s equivalent to ordering 2 separate drinks, something they allow.

can I order a Long Island Ice Tea without vodka, rum, gin and cola and create a Margarita by omission?

🤣that would be interesting. It’s the only drink on the menu with tequila! 

8 hours ago, jkgourmet said:

1 hour ago, Jembeccatoo said:

I'm thinking that MSC thinks that many (most?) people either won't think of the idea or would be too embarrassed/uncomfortable to do it.  In fact, DH and I initially felt that way.  Having become annoyed at the illogical, ridiculous restrictions of the Easy Package, we've changed our minds.   My martini will become an order of vodka on lots if ice with a shot of vermouth, which will be barely used and eventually trashed.  I'm hoping the bartender will be allowed to squirt a bit of olive juice over my vodka.

Because the Easy Package isn't accepted in the speciality restaurants, We also changed our plans to eat in them once or twice.

Edited by jkgourmet

19 minutes ago, Jembeccatoo said:

We wouldn’t be adding anything not included in the drink, just removing...

I’m in total agreement with you. I just think you will encounter some bartenders not willing to oblige. Can’t hurt to try!

• Like 1

Does anyone have the current cost to upgrade from the Aurea Easy package to the premium or premium plus packages? My online booking area just shows the 'normal' price to take the package - assuming that you have no drink package. Do I just deduct the price showing for the Easy package from the price for the premium?

2 hours ago, Saltlick said:

Does anyone have the current cost to upgrade from the Aurea Easy package to the premium or premium plus packages? My online booking area just shows the 'normal' price to take the package - assuming that you have no drink package. Do I just deduct the price showing for the Easy package from the price for the premium?

Exactly it. Its the cost difference between easy and the others. 

Donit in advance and save the 15% Service Charge.

13 hours ago, jkgourmet said:

Thank you for the reply and information.  But the "of course" isn't really accurate given the extensive limitations of the easy package

Actually, "Of Course"  is a given as Easy includes ALL Non-alcoholic drinks. Diet coke, being a non-alcoholic drink, makes it an "of course" . 

Order all you want. 

3 hours ago, reedprincess said:

Exactly it. Its the cost difference between easy and the others. 

Donit in advance and save the 15% Service Charge.

I had to point that out to our TA last week,who was on the phone to MSC.They initially wanted to charge £35pppd when I pointed out it should only be £9.Just keep on the ball out there everyone,lol.

1 hour ago, brian1 said:

I had to point that out to our TA last week,who was on the phone to MSC.They initially wanted to charge £35pppd when I pointed out it should only be £9.Just keep on the ball out there everyone,lol.

That seems like a great price! Here, it is $27 pppd to upgrade.

• Like 1