Does the ships crew really get !00% of the gratuities?

Longwood50

19 minutes ago, Texas Tillie said:

If the way these people are compensated is acceptable to them, why should I have a problem with it?

The way they are compensated is based largely on tips. If you have no problem with that, great, then don't remove tips.

1 hour ago, mayleeman said:

The way they are compensated is based largely on tips. If you have no problem with that, great, then don't remove tips.

Why, based on what I posted, would you think that I remove the tips? I think my post was strongly in favor of the current way the cruise lines operate. I'm just tired of the "holier than thou" people who think they know better than the ship's crew how things "should" be done.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Texas Tillie said:

Why, based on what I posted, would you think that I remove the tips? I think my post was strongly in favor of the current way the cruise lines operate. I'm just tired of the "holier than thou" people who think they know better than the ship's crew how things "should" be done.

Cruise Critic has many "holier than thou" people who are experts in how a cruise line should operate.  Most, probably, have never even owned a boat.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 1/29/2020 at 4:11 AM, Texas Tillie said:

When I read something like this I think, it's "funny" that a job on a cruise line is a very desirable job for people from many parts of the world. No one is forcing anyone to take these jobs. If the way these people are compensated is acceptable to them, why should I have a problem with it?

my thoughts also, the crew does not go about their day thinking about how much passengers make for a living. 

• Like 1

On 1/29/2020 at 9:59 AM, RocketMan275 said:

Cruise Critic has many "holier than thou" people who are experts in how a cruise line should operate.  Most, probably, have never even owned a boat.

On 1/29/2020 at 4:11 AM, Texas Tillie said:

When I read something like this I think, it's "funny" that a job on a cruise line is a very desirable job for people from many parts of the world. No one is forcing anyone to take these jobs. If the way these people are compensated is acceptable to them, why should I have a problem with it?

Thank you!  My thoughts exactly. It’s sad how so many people seem to think they know what’s best for others. 

• Like 1