Shore excursions sold out

workstocruise

This will be our 2nd cruise on Viking Ocean so we are still learning. We are booked on the Feb 10 cruise to South America, Buenos Aires to Santiago.  Some of the shore excursions were sold out before I got a chance to purchase.  Unfortunate for us we were on another cruise at the time the excursions opened up for reservations and we totally forgot about booking.   Does anyone know if there will be any room left when we get on board.  The ones I am interested in are optional excursions that cost a fee.  Thank you.

I agree w/ the others.  I kept checking MVJ and got on the bus tour for Tierra del Fuego National Park.  The Falkland Penguin tours would be harder to find a cancellation so check into getting a private tour.  We had a great time.

On our Trade Routes of the Middle Ages cruise, several tours were marked sold out by the time our booking window opened. I called, Viking said they would wait list us.  Additional tour sections were added, and everything was fine.  Same thing happened with our Cuba trip.

I'm sure Viking and its cruise contractors make educated guesses about guest selections, and prepare accordingly.  If they can add a section / bus etc, they do.

Original poster: I just noticed your screen name. Wish I had thought of that first! I will be 67 next month, and still work at a flexible hour part time job that I like. The main reason I do that is to finance our travels with what feels like found money. The downside is that being away from work for too long creates its own problems, but then, that's how life works, right?

Good luck with your shore excursions, and enjoy your cruise.

• 3 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, workstocruise said:

I’m happy to report back that I emailed Viking and 2 days later they emailed back and booked me on the three excursions I was looking for.  Thanks for all your suggestions.

Fantastic!  Another example of being persistent and never giving up!

You will absolutely enjoy this cruise - we just got off the Jupiter from Valparaiso to Buenos Aires and enjoyed it immensely.  Did lots of excursions as well. 🙂

• Like 1

On 1/24/2020 at 3:55 PM, workstocruise said:

I’m happy to report back that I emailed Viking and 2 days later they emailed back and booked me on the three excursions I was looking for.  Thanks for all your suggestions.

Glad to hear that Viking was able to accommodate you - you will have a great time on all those excursions!