2 ships at CocoCay

We will be at CocoCay with Mariner and Odyssey. I noticed that there are some days when an Oasis class ship is docked with Mariner or a similar size ship. Has anyone been there when there are 2 ships one of them being a larger ship? If so, was it crowded?

3 minutes ago, Ptroxx said:

Isn’t there a link or something that tells you how many ships are at Cococay each day??   
thought I read somewhere there’s a site.   

There are several.

Here are two:

www.cruisett.com

www.cruisetimetables.com

• Thanks 1

We were there with mariner and navigator. It was crowded, but no problem getting a beach lounger. Pool area was a bit crowded. I don’t have any knowledge of how crowded the waterpark was. 

I would think it would be awfully crowded with 12,000 guests. If I find myself there with 12,000  others, that is a time I would definitely buy a pass to the cocoa beach club

m

2 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

We were there with mariner and navigator. It was crowded, but no problem getting a beach lounger. Pool area was a bit crowded. I don’t have any knowledge of how crowded the waterpark was. 

I would think it would be awfully crowded with 12,000 guests. If I find myself there with 12,000  others, that is a time I would definitely buy a pass to the cocoa beach club

m

Now your thinking like RCL , how to increase profits. $250 million for upgrades at coco cay and their timeline to recoup costs is 24 months. happy cruising

6 hours ago, 09Minidriver said:

Just got off of the Anthem today. We were at coco cay with the Grandeur and it wasn’t crowded at all, either in the water park or the other areas 

Not a lot of difference but I too just got off of Anthem today and it was Empress that we shared Coco Cay with. Grandeur was in Nassau.

• 4 weeks later...

With south beach etc open now, wonder what the ship arrival capacity is considered?  Some take a referernce to "up to 12,000 as soon as 2020" to mean more construction going on this year, beyond what is already completed.

What would we guess current capacity is, say it's 9k comfortably based on previous reports with 2 ships.  What could they do by the end of 2020 to make it ready for 3k more? If we were guessing?

I can't see them building another pool area.  Not sure there's room to expand the waterpark.  Maybe something simple like plow an area for more beach access, add chairs, lifeguard, bathrooms and another snack shack?  

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/dam/royal/resources/pdf/perfect-day-at-cococay-map.pdf