Encore nightlife & parties

marktwothousand

How is the late night (10:30 - morning) scene like on Encore? Are the parties the same as the other ships...80s, 90s, Disco, Latin, Nashville and Glow...or have they dropped any of these? Also, now that there's no Spice, how is the ambiance at the pool deck parties? Is it more of an adult crowd once the parties move to the Social?

Food, I assume is the same as other ships ... Local till 3-4ish and then grab and go items until Garden Cafe opens?

Any insight would be welcome from fellow night owls.

17 minutes ago, marktwothousand said:

How is the late night (10:30 - morning) scene like on Encore? Are the parties the same as the other ships...80s, 90s, Disco, Latin, Nashville and Glow...or have they dropped any of these? Also, now that there's no Spice, how is the ambiance at the pool deck parties? Is it more of an adult crowd once the parties move to the Social?

Food, I assume is the same as other ships ... Local till 3-4ish and then grab and go items until Garden Cafe opens?

I know they have some of the same parties as I've seen dailies from a few sailings ago and I'm sure, even without Spice, that the ambiance is good. Maybe it'll be better as I remember going to the Glow party on Escape and while it was fun, it was close to impossible to get a drink at the bar and was congested getting in and out of there.

Maybe they keep both bars open by the pool and it is more of an open area.

I'm sailing her in 2 days so I'm about to find out.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, marktwothousand said:

We also enjoy the nightlife on NCL. My dh/I are in our mid 50s and "kids" are 26 and 22.  We are Platinum on NCL but sailed RCCL (Diamond) last year on the Allure and while it was great (what cruise isn't?), the lack of nightlife was very evident to us (compared to NCL).

We are sailing Encore out of NY in August and cannot wait!

1 hour ago, marktwothousand said:

Wow, I wish you guys were on my sailing March 1. Having read my sailing's roll call discussion, it is questionable whether there are any party people at all on my sailing. So far it seems like a card room and library crowd.

You should've booked the following week lol To be fair our roll call is completely dead for that week!

I'll be honest and say I was a little disappointed in the late night scene on the Thanksgiving sailing, but I'm hoping for better in March. There was some kind of party either on the Pool Deck or in The Social almost every night at about 10pmand then a DJ late night in The Social.

Pretty sure the late night food situation was same as other ships but I didn't go for my usual 3am munchies... Need to rectify that in March lol

Edited by CazV

@CazV Ya, thanksgiving wouldn't really be an accurate time to judge the party scene, I went on a Smas cruise once and it was full of kids and really not a party cruise...I am sure Tksgvng would be much the same. I mean, the parties were busy, but it was really not an adult crowd and they had to keep booting kids outta da klerrrrrb.

Do you happen to remember what the parties were?

I know my itinerary is doing San Juan as a night port, and I expect its likely the parties will be off that night.

Edited by marktwothousand
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, marktwothousand said:

@CazV

Do you happen to remember what the parties were?

I know my itinerary is doing San Juan as a night port, and I expect its likely the parties will be off that night.

Monday - 80s Party (Pool Deck... I missed this as I was at Choir of Man)

Tuesday - Latin Fiesta (In port so in The Social)

Thursday - Glow Party (Pool deck and was busy and fun, but definitely more a family crowd than my last Glow Party on the Escape)

Friday - Ocean Music Fest (Pool deck... Heard great reports about this one, but I missed it due to seeing Kinky Boots)

Saturday- Farewell Party (In The Social)

There was also a Silent Disco in The Social a couple of nights.

3 hours ago, ShyMiss said:

The parties listed above started around 10? (Wanting to try to make sure we can get dinner, shows, & parties in. FOMO.)

I think the Deck Parties started at 10.30pm... the Glow Party definitely did. There's honestly so much going on that you can't do it all. 

If you look for the live post from Birdtravels there are the Freestyle Dailies from the same cruise I was on. 

• Like 1

On 1/17/2020 at 12:13 PM, marktwothousand said:

Wow, I wish you guys were on my sailing March 1. Having read my sailing's roll call discussion, it is questionable whether there are any party people at all on my sailing. So far it seems like a card room and library crowd.

Roll Calls can be weird like that.  I have found that over time, the CC roll calls get quieter and quieter as people use a social media site as the primary go to.  With 4k people on the ship, I am sure that you will have no problem finding the party that you are looking for. 

• Like 1