FTTF vs Suite Perks re Boarding and Debarking

Eli_6

Is there any difference in FTTF vs suite in terms of boarding, debarking and getting either in getting access to your room or getting your luggage? 

Also, how does debarking work in terms of priority debarking with FTTF?

I remember on my last cruise, we had luggage tags for group 22.  Do you get tags for an earlier time period?  How does that work? 

I know Suites get to board early, but do not get immediate access to their cabin. I'm pretty sure they don't get priority luggage either. And I don't think they get debarkation perks.

With the way debarkation is now, if you check your luggage and you're not priority of some kind, you have to go to the designated area to pick up your debarkation zone tags yourself. It's first come first serve, so the earlier zones go first, and there aren't as many of them as later zones. But with FTTF, they still deliver your tags to your cabin the evening before and you'll get zone 2. Or you can do Express Debark (self-assist) and go when they call you.

Here's the debark letter that comes for FTTF. The tags are stapled to it.

uc?export=download&id=1c3Gij7NVMw5wrENdP

Suites actually do get debarkation perks.  You'll get a letter in your stateroom, and you are directed to the (in our case) mid ship dining room to debark following Diamonds and Platinums. Just speaking from personal experience.

• Like 1

As previously mentioned, suites get debarkation benefits too. How early you get off the ship will depend on if you do self-assist and carry off your own luggage or if you let Carnival personnel take your luggage off the ship (you leave your luggage outside your cabin the night before debarkation). 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Amadawn1 said:

Suites actually do get debarkation perks.  You'll get a letter in your stateroom, and you are directed to the (in our case) mid ship dining room to debark following Diamonds and Platinums. Just speaking from personal experience.

Do they get early access to cabins or not?  I had a suite once, a couple of years ago, but I think I boarded later once the cabins were already available.  

I have FTTF for my next cruise and then for one we are going on this summer out of Dover, I have a suite.  

Boarding order is B2B, Weddings, Diamond, Platinum, Suites then FTTF, (then zone 1, zone 2, zone 3, etc)

FTTF guests can go straight to their cabins. Suite guests must wait until 1:30 like everyone else. They do not have the cabin ready nor do they have the priority line at guest services.

We always purchase FTTF with our suites until our next voyage when we turn platinum.

Edited by teknoge3k
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, teknoge3k said:

Boarding order is B2B, Weddings, Diamond, Platinum, Suites then FTTF, (then zone 1, zone 2, zone 3, etc)

FTTF guests can go straight to their cabins. Suite guests must wait until 1:30 like everyone else. They do not have the cabin ready nor do they have the priority line at guest services.

We always purchase FTTF with our suites until our next voyage when we turn platinum.

This is all correct  

Debarkation depends on the ship.  For our last cruise on the Horizon, we were Platinum and were suppose to meet in the middle dining room at 7:30.  We got off of the elevator about ten minutes early and they directed us to just get in line and get off the ship.  The three previous cruises, we had FTTF and were told to meet in a certain dining room.  When they started debarking D/P and FTTF, they let us all go together.  Maybe it depends on how many Priority passengers there are on that particular cruise.

Edited by RWolver672

37 minutes ago, Roser said:

What is FTTF?

Faster To The Fun. It's a paid service offered by Carnival that gives you some of the same perks that are given to Platinum & Diamond passengers. Things like early boarding, access to your cabin as soon as you board, use of the priority line at Guest Services, and more. You can read about it here: https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1374/~/faster-to-the-fun-(fttf)