Semi Live EPIC adventure! 1/26/20

Sweetnspicy

Vacation Day 2!

We slept in pretty late as it’s 5 hours of ahead of Seattle and we got in at midnight. We had breakfast at Cafe Berlin just a few blocks from our Airbnb. We started the day with some big drinks and a hearty breakfast. After that we walked around Old San Juan and visited both Forts. It was very sunny and hot. We all got a little color! 

Dinner at Reicas, which had the best Mofongo and $5 Pina Colada’s. 🤣🍹🍹🍹

We walked around the town until about midnight and then called it a night so we could try and get some sleep!

3609CF79-DFAB-4207-B2BF-92483206D4BC.jpeg

F3A83624-C811-4111-BEF6-D25D1A0ACE89.jpeg

6986BBF8-F671-4E5F-8AB2-3672521D7C62.jpeg

ON THE SHIP! We arrived at the port at 12:25 and walked on to the ship at 12:35! Fastest check in I have ever had. A porter met us at our Uber and took all of our bags for a $10. 

The line to get into the port is long right now. We are at the Pan American pier with a Disney ship. 

We are in an Aft Cabin and it’s glorious! Lounge chairs will be delivered later this afternoon.  Our stateroom was ready at 2:15. Still waiting on our luggage. Off to drink a few drinks and sunbathe for awhile! 

• Like 1

I’m here! Internet was very poor yesterday. 

Yesterday was our only Sea Day and you could really tell. Everything was packed with people. We got sun loungers around 11am and stayed on them until 3pm but people were circling and looking that whole time. 

I had a spa treatment and spent most of the morning in the spa. It was wonderful! 

Dinner was at Moderno’s! We had amazing food and the service was incredible. We spent about two hours here. It was also Latin night. The band was awesome and the lead singer was so good! 

late night eats at the buffet were not good 🤢

• Like 1

Aruba!!

Today we rented a UTV for 4 people. Not the tour. We did the opposite of everyone else and went straight to Baby Beach. No crowds and the water was so warm and shallow. Ugly Refinery in the back ground.

We followed the dirt roads all the way around the island stopping at most little beaches, natural rock formations and little tourist sight. We had the UTV for 8 hours and really only needed it for 6. We were so hot and sunburnt by 4 pm that we just dropped it off early. We walked around the port area and grabbed some fridge magnets. We had a snack and beers at Lucy’s Retired Surfer shack. Really good Ceviche! All aboard time is 7:30 and it’s currently 6:58 and we just walked back on board. I’m perched up high to watch for any potential pier runners! 🤣🤣

Overall Aruba is alright! I wouldn’t spend more than a few days here. It really reminds me of the desert Southwest where I am from. Just add in gorgeous beaches! Tomorrow we are in Curaçao. No planned excursions, but we will be getting off to explore. Dinner tonight will probably just be something light from Garden Cafe or O’Sheehans. 

EABC8382-524F-42D4-AB58-391803FE3D48.jpeg

1DBE42A5-6B0F-40ED-AA3F-7F3AD8ECCC58.jpeg

7AD68DC8-1823-4624-A052-B549910245B1.jpeg

0CFE38A3-88A7-4F03-8B3B-23F5AFC0E0E7.jpeg

On 1/26/2020 at 6:34 PM, texasgirl29 said:

Which aft cabin? We are booked in 12311 on the November transatlantic. First NCL, first transatlantic, first aft cabin. I’ll be following along to hear how you like the Epic. 
JoAnn

We are in 12310! It’s a great location. Quiet but close to Spice H20 and the spa just a few decks up! 

Appreciate the updates. While I've thoroughly enjoyed each cruise I've been on I've always found dinner in the buffet to be 50/50 at best. I'm also a picky eater so that likely has a lot to do with my opinion.

Sounds like you're having a great time, getting lots of sun, and pampering to boot. Enjoy your day in Curacao!

I’m having a really hard time posting anything to CC with the internet here on the ship. I also caught a head cold so I slept for 16 hours the day/evening we were in Curaçao and into Bonaire. Not a ton to report but I do have photos and will recap those days when I can. 

We are in St.Lucia now. We came in about 30 minutes lates so they pushed all aboard time to 7:30. We spent the day at Reduit beach. I wish I would have know that I would be hassled endlessly by people selling stuff. The beach itself was okay but I wouldn’t go back there. 

Definitely take a water taxi if you can to wherever instead of a land based one. The traffic is terrible! 

They enacted the “virus” protocol today so no self serve in the buffets. The captain said it was more a recommendation from NCL and the CDC because of Caronavirus. I guess it will be that way for the rest of the cruise. It created quite the jam for Breakfast today. I was pretty Hangry by the time I was able to get a little bit of food. 

Most of the Specialty restaurants are booked all the way out now so we are just trying to play it by ear and we have to eat at 9:30 each night but that’s okay. 

Tomorrow is Barbados and we are snorkeling! 

On 1/31/2020 at 6:11 PM, Sweetnspicy said:

I’m having a really hard time posting anything to CC with the internet here on the ship. I also caught a head cold so I slept for 16 hours the day/evening we were in Curaçao and into Bonaire. Not a ton to report but I do have photos and will recap those days when I can. 

We are in St.Lucia now. We came in about 30 minutes lates so they pushed all aboard time to 7:30. We spent the day at Reduit beach. I wish I would have know that I would be hassled endlessly by people selling stuff. The beach itself was okay but I wouldn’t go back there. 

Definitely take a water taxi if you can to wherever instead of a land based one. The traffic is terrible! 

They enacted the “virus” protocol today so no self serve in the buffets. The captain said it was more a recommendation from NCL and the CDC because of Caronavirus. I guess it will be that way for the rest of the cruise. It created quite the jam for Breakfast today. I was pretty Hangry by the time I was able to get a little bit of food. 

Most of the Specialty restaurants are booked all the way out now so we are just trying to play it by ear and we have to eat at 9:30 each night but that’s okay. 

Tomorrow is Barbados and we are snorkeling! 

Sounds like you're having a great time! We are boarding Epic this Wednesday for a 10 day Southern Caribbean and can't wait! I was wondering if they gave you the laundry special at some point during the cruise? If I recall it's usually been a "fill the bag" for $25. Thanks for the information.

Sounds like you're having a great time! We are boarding Epic this Wednesday for a 10 day Southern Caribbean and can't wait! I was wondering if they gave you the laundry special at some point during the cruise? If I recall it's usually been a "fill the bag" for $25. Thanks for the information.
Are you sure you're boarding Wednesday and not Thursday?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, mncruiser84 said:

Are you sure you're boarding Wednesday and not Thursday?

Oops you're right, we are flying into San Juan Wedneday and boarding Thursday!!! :) I'm just a bit excited to get this vacation started! 

Oops you're right, we are flying into San Juan Wedneday and boarding Thursday!!! :) I'm just a bit excited to get this vacation started! 

Just making sure neither one of us missed the ship! I'm excited as well, cant wait to get out of the cold.

On 2/2/2020 at 2:12 PM, SKSMIKE5 said:

I was on this cruise and recall seeing that, but didn't take them up on it as I'd brought more than enough clothes.