Flexible EZ Air Tix Showing "Ticketed" Ten Months Out

beg3yrs

This is a new one for us. We've used EZ Air for about four or five trips now and our experience has been excellent. They've been typical of other posters with our flexible tickets showing "on request" until about a week or two after the 45-day cutoff for changes when the EZ Air department actually purchases the tickets from the airlines.

Our most recent booking is different. We have two flexible tix reserved on American Airlines for one leg and Air Tahiti Nui on the second. As many others do, we've monitored the prices and have already made one change to save money. Both reservations have gone from "on request" to "ticketed" within a day or two of making the reservation, even though it's ten months before we fly. We haven't paid a dime for these flights and yet there are actual ticket numbers in our record.

While this hasn't caused us a problem (yet), inquiring minds want to know if anyone has some insight into why this particular route or airline combination is being treated differently.

Can’t really answer your question, but FWIW our tix on American flights also show ticketed status.  It might be just a new thing they are doing within the AA-Princess agreement. Perhaps because they got tired of all the phone calls from pax asking about the ‘pending’ status. Or not. 

6 hours ago, cherylandtk said:

Can’t really answer your question, but FWIW our tix on American flights also show ticketed status.  It might be just a new thing they are doing within the AA-Princess agreement. Perhaps because they got tired of all the phone calls from pax asking about the ‘pending’ status. Or not. 

I did notice there's now a way to request early ticketing online.

8 hours ago, cherylandtk said:

That would be nice! 

My Oct 19 Crown cruise was ticketed in March 19. Happened about 3 weeks after reserving EZ Air.
Even after they were ticketed we still were able to re fare for price drops. 
We have seen this a couple of times. I mentioned on another thread we never ticket early and have not had a price increase but have taken advantage of many price drops. 

I had that happen with half of a reservation a few months ago and called Princess as there was a notice on the United website about calling United to have the entire reservation ticketed.  It was Flexible air and I had not paid for air at that point.  I called my contact at Princess (it was a moveover cruise that I was adding air to at my cost), and she called the air department who confirmed that for some of the deeply discounted tickets, they need to actually ticket all or part of the reservations to hold them with the airlines.  It is something new as the Princess contact had no idea about this before.  She said it could still be changed just like any other flexible ticket and sure enough, I did end up changing it before final payment date.  So you aren't obligated to stick with the reservation if you get a better deal down the road.