Silhouette....Deck 3

Reijo

Our favourite cabins on S class ships are 3154 & 3162, deck 3 just behind the Passport Bar.

They are ocean view with the bed by the window.

We have never been disturbed by noise, and find them incredibly handy for nipping out for a quick G&T while getting ready for dinner, accessing the MDR, and nipping to Cafe al Baccio on deck 5.

I wouldn't have a problem in a cabin on the other corridor, or an ocean view close to the top of the corridor. (my personal preference is to be not too far down a corridor)

Hope this helps.

Cheers, heather 🥂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

We were in cabin # 3147 last winter on a 21 day BTB and every night there was a very load banging noise.  Many different personnel came to the room to listen and finally an engineer said it was the waves hitting against the ship.  They offered to change our cabin and we were moved to a higher and much quieter deck.  

Don't forget Sihouette is currently in dry dock being "revolutionized".  Although experiences from the ship before the chages may be useful it is entirely possible that things will have changed once she is re-furb'ed.

(Although waves on the hull won't..!)

• Like 1

Our favorite cabin on deck 3 of the Silhoutte is #3160.  It's an inside cabin which is very close to the Passport Bar.  We have been in this cabin several times and have it booked again on the 2/14/20 cruise.  It's always quiet and easy to get from there to anyplace on the ship,  In the afternoon after getting ready for dinner, the Passport Bar area serves as a nice "living room" until my DH is ready to go.  Highly recommend.

• Thanks 1

I stayed in 3150 on a 12-night Baltics cruise and liked it a lot. In particular, as others have noted, the proximity to the Passport Bar is a plus, and although there will be music in the foyer area, it never managed to be noticeable once I was in my cabin.

I also liked that upon returning from excursions, I could just dash up one flight rather than have to wait for an elevator with 200 others.

I would happily stay there again.

• Thanks 1