Sky Princess Gin Cart Menu need a pic

Denmal

8 hours ago, voljeep said:

$16 … and the PBP limit is $12 … hmmm … so, do they charge the full $16 or just the $4 upcharge + the 18% of course

The Sky Princess protocol is to only charge the overage, so in this case $4. Michael (thrak) even you can handle that one. I hope that this policy is fleetwide since we have added a number of beverage packages to upcoming cruises due to the best ever sale.

Jim😎

• Like 1

4 hours ago, polmcs said:

The Hendricks one comes with UK Fever Tree tonic, so given the size of the glass that’s it’s served in, even my Scottish frugalness could be over come and I’d splash out the additional $4 plus gratuity on that every once in a while. 

It's Tonic Water. Perhaps it's "great" Tonic Water. It's still Tonic Water. Can it possibly be worth multiple extra dollars? (Obviously I've never had that brand but really...?)

37 minutes ago, jeanandjim said:

The Sky Princess protocol is to only charge the overage, so in this case $4. Michael (thrak) even you can handle that one. I hope that this policy is fleetwide since we have added a number of beverage packages to upcoming cruises due to the best ever sale.

Jim😎

Of course I can "handle" that charge. I just question whether a specific brand of tonic water is worth multiple dollars more. The drinks on the menu sound great. Really. I do indeed enjoy a good Gin and Tonic. I'm just surprised at the big deal the brand of tonic seems to be. Is it really that exceptional? (I'll actually trust you if you say it is.. 😎.)

4 hours ago, Thrak said:

It's Tonic Water. Perhaps it's "great" Tonic Water. It's still Tonic Water. Can it possibly be worth multiple extra dollars? (Obviously I've never had that brand but really...?)

I'm with you on this. 

Another slight problem I have with this is that it is served in a wine glass? My mom used to tend bar way back in the day and she taught me the basics, including which glasses are appropriate for certain drinks. It goes against my nature to have a cocktail in a wine glass. 😜

10 hours ago, jeanandjim said:

Jim😎

According to the terms and conditions of the PBP, this is stated " Items selected that exceed the $12.00 USD or $16 .00 AUD price are charged at full menu price". Maybe the Sky follows a different protocol.

10 hours ago, Thrak said:

After reading a number of times how great Fever Tree tonic is I tried some since Costco had a Fever Tree pack with club soda and tonic included. It's good --- but not worth the extra $$ to me. I'm more concerned with the quality of the gin. Also - tries the club soda and not excited about it either.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, jpsykes said:

After reading a number of times how great Fever Tree tonic is I tried some since Costco had a Fever Tree pack with club soda and tonic included. It's good --- but not worth the extra $$ to me. I'm more concerned with the quality of the gin. Also - tries the club soda and not excited about it either.

I do like to treat myself to some Fever Tree tonic water every now and again. Costco occasionally has it, but World Market always seems to carry some stock. I usually have it with Hendricks gin which is my favorite (I might be biased as it’s Scottish though! 😉 )

When it comes to every day tonic water, my wife and I usually stick with Ralph’s own brand(Kroger’s brand in CA). My wife and I have tried the main brand names, such as Schweppes, etc. but we prefer that cheaper store brand one over those brand names.   

Is is it just me, or is anyone else thirsty? 😋

• Like 1

no it's not just you ya San Diego luv kitten !  I had a dream last night Whinn in his shinning cart rolled up beside my chase lounge wearing a crisp white shirt and bow tie ..... " would you care for another classic gin & tonic sir ? "   😀

• Like 1

Whinn did show up with his cart last night. They had put the cart away for the week due to the Irish invasion and using this venue for a lot of their activities. He did it especially since I asked him the night before. These guys are very responsive.

Now... my findings:  I had the Classic, which is the Hendricks with cucumber and juniper berries. The show is worth the price of admission, this guy knows his craft. I believe that the use of a wine glass makes sense since this is a very nose-forward cocktail. A thin sliced lime is presented to the entire inside of the glass, a long thin slice of cucumber is pasted against the inside of the glass followed by some ice and then the main ingredients are added. The gin is poured using a full jigger followed by a 1/2 jigger. The berries are individually ground open prior to adding to the glass, the tonic poured down the spiral of a bar mixing spoon. A complete stir finalizes the production, and the result was extremely good and I was able to sip on it for quite a while without getting diluted by the ice. All in all a win by Whinn.

The entire Take Five staff, Sandeep, Whinn, Raisha and ??? will be leaving at the end of March for vacation, then over to Italy to get the Enchanted ready. Princess believes in these guys and so do I.

Jim😎

• Like 3

On 2/1/2020 at 7:38 PM, jeanandjim said:

Whinn did show up with his cart last night. They had put the cart away for the week due to the Irish invasion and using this venue for a lot of their activities. He did it especially since I asked him the night before. These guys are very responsive.

Now... my findings:  I had the Classic, which is the Hendricks with cucumber and juniper berries. The show is worth the price of admission, this guy knows his craft. I believe that the use of a wine glass makes sense since this is a very nose-forward cocktail. A thin sliced lime is presented to the entire inside of the glass, a long thin slice of cucumber is pasted against the inside of the glass followed by some ice and then the main ingredients are added. The gin is poured using a full jigger followed by a 1/2 jigger. The berries are individually ground open prior to adding to the glass, the tonic poured down the spiral of a bar mixing spoon. A complete stir finalizes the production, and the result was extremely good and I was able to sip on it for quite a while without getting diluted by the ice. All in all a win by Whinn.

The entire Take Five staff, Sandeep, Whinn, Raisha and ??? will be leaving at the end of March for vacation, then over to Italy to get the Enchanted ready. Princess believes in these guys and so do I.

Jim😎

Jim, are you a writer?  I loved your use of lauguage describing the gin cocktail and the craft involved in creating it.

All this talk of Gin....... excellent ...

Now a would like a dry martini ... Tanqueray No10  with a twist of lemon.....

Also which is very good a Hendricks with a slice of cucumber....

But for a G&T  a Bombay with a tonic and a slice a lime is good for me.

Cheers Don

• Like 1