Ama Excursion Info after booking

GrammaRama

We have just made our final payment on our Ama Waterways  Melodies of the Danube  River Cruise in May 2020 and have completed our on-line check in.  I thought I had read on CC that once the check-in had been completed that we would be able to access details on the excursions being offered by Ama during the cruise.  I would just like to have a more comprehensive outline of what are choices will be.  I also read that you can decide which excursions you want to go on while on board.  Just thought it would be interesting to get the information ahead of time so you can do some research prior to boarding.

Thanks for any help you can give.

GrammaRama

We did receive our shore excursion papers ahead of time, but can't say for certain just how far ahead.  It was in plenty of time to research and pick out our excursions.   

Once we  boarded the Viola, we handed in our choices ASAP.  Excursions fill up fast!!!

Edited by Iamthesea

21 hours ago, GrammaRama said:

We have just made our final payment on our Ama Waterways  Melodies of the Danube  River Cruise in May 2020 and have completed our on-line check in.  I thought I had read on CC that once the check-in had been completed that we would be able to access details on the excursions being offered by Ama during the cruise.  I would just like to have a more comprehensive outline of what are choices will be.  I also read that you can decide which excursions you want to go on while on board.  Just thought it would be interesting to get the information ahead of time so you can do some research prior to boarding.

Thanks for any help you can give.

GrammaRama

1st you will enjoy your AMA cruise-they really do go out og their way to make your trip excellent. So go to the My Booking section of the web. You will have to enter your reservation # etc You will then be able to look @ all the excursion and other info for your cruise.

Have a great time

Carole

I am sailing with AMA in April and recently received an email from them telling me excursion choices were

available. I clicked on the link and yes, it brought me to my itinerary and gave me choices.  I checked on ones

that looked appealing and once I board the ship,  I will re-confirm/check to see if there are any changes or

other offerings as well.

22 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

So once final pmt is made and you check in you have access to the shore excursions?  Are the excursions not available to book prior to boarding?

Hi, I had already made final payment a while ago...…..I received the email about the excursions within the last 2

weeks. I would not be too concerned about anything because of how few folks are on board. I remember my first

cruise----I didn't sign up for any tours beforehand....everything was done on the ship:classic_biggrin: (boat)

22 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

So once final pmt is made and you check in you have access to the shore excursions?  Are the excursions not available to book prior to boarding?

We were on AMAStella last year (Budapest to Amsterdam).  No need to book excursions.  Have a nice cruise.