BBC News on the Current & History of Corona virus

mcrcruiser

Just now, kazu said:

Just wondering - why start a new thread when there is an active one going on the Coronavirus???  Why not just post the info there as others have done?

I think this one addresses the issue broadly , not just how the cruise industry is affected.  Maybe that is against the forum rules but I find it helpful separating it from the commercial aspects 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, canadianbear said:

I’d prefer one thread on it all.  

Likewise...one thread is all that's needed.  However....the OP has also started multiple threads in the Princess board, so this appears to be his pattern.

Given he is bordering on fear mongering...as has also been suggested on the Princess board...I will be blocking his posts going forward

Edited by CruisingAndDiving
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Interesting yet disturbing  how people react to any one trying to  pass on good information , about a very concerning subject that the US government said  that this virus is a severe health hazard  . Perhaps people rather get fed fake news  ?

• Like 2

9 hours ago, CruisingAndDiving said:

Likewise...one thread is all that's needed.  However....the OP has also started multiple threads in the Princess board, so this appears to be his pattern.

Given he is bordering on fear mongering...as has also been suggested on the Princess board...I will be blocking his posts going forward

LOL  

@mcrcruiser I read a couple of your posts on the Princess board and have a better understanding of your concerns. You have valid reasons for those concerns, in my opinion.

If you are past final payment date, it might be a good idea for you to check any cancellation insurance you have.  Your credit card may have some insurance, if you didn't purchase other cancellation insurance. 

If you don't have cancellation insurance, you need to figure out the value of "peace of mind" in relation to the loss of your cruise fare.  You cannot be FORCED to take a cruise.  You are still in control of whatever decision you make.

• Like 3

My cable provider  offers  two viewing channels to BBC and  I listen to it very often.  (one of  the broadcasts is   directed  to American audience.)    Given the news  that Britain has finally left EU (Brexit),    that is   (understandably),  the major focus  of  their attention.

5 hours ago, VennDiagram said:

@mcrcruiser I read a couple of your posts on the Princess board and have a better understanding of your concerns. You have valid reasons for those concerns, in my opinion.

If you are past final payment date, it might be a good idea for you to check any cancellation insurance you have.  Your credit card may have some insurance, if you didn't purchase other cancellation insurance. 

If you don't have cancellation insurance, you need to figure out the value of "peace of mind" in relation to the loss of your cruise fare.  You cannot be FORCED to take a cruise.  You are still in control of whatever decision you make.

Excellent empathy and advice to mrcruiser, Venn 😄 

• Like 2