Drink Package - Access...

Sun Queen II

Hi folks, DH and I are new to cruising, and just trying to figure out how Beverage Package works.  Asked this question on the New Cruisers section, and was told to come here fo this question.

We are cruising on the Riviera later this winter and will both be getting the prestige drink package.  First thing we would like to confirm is the fact that we assume that with both of us purchasing the package, we can have drinks delivered to our room if we are spending an afternoon or evening on our balcony.  But what about if DH goes up to the bar to bring me back a glass of champagne while I’m getting ready for dinner?  Can he get two glasses, does he have to show both cards, or do we both have to go to the bar each time?  Same question with beer.  If we know we’re going to have a couple of beer each on our verandah, can we ask to take four beer back to our room, or do we have to make several trips, or several calls to room service?

thanks in advance!

Are you in a suite with a Butler? If not waiting for room service to deliver you drinks will be a slow process.

Your hubby can go to any bar and get you both drinks anytime. He must present both room keys, one for each of you.

Whereas you can order doubles or even triple shots in one glass, they’ll rarely give you more than one drink at a time. So one beer or one glass of wine per trip each.

Even during Happy Hour when you get 2 for 1. It doesn’t matter since your bib! They will only deliver you one of those drinks at a time.

Enjoy!

After my second day I was able to get more than one beer at Wave bar on Insignia.  I would ask for 2 or 3 unopened to take back to my cabin.  It was never an issue.  After the 4th day our Butler noticed we drank wine and beer.  He removed most of the soda from the refrigerator and kept it stocked with beer.  When he brought canapes or dinner room service he would always bring a few glasses of wine and more beers.       

We were on Riviera and December, both with the Prestige Pkg (but no butlers 😉 ) After the first couple days - as the bartenders got to know us - it was not a problem for one of us to get 2 drinks - to bring to a poolside lounger, or to our cabin. We always had both keys available (whomever was fetching the drinks) but didn't always have to show/use both....

I don't think husband ever got more than one beer at a time, but he definitely got them unopened more than once, so he could stick in the fridge in our cabin....

On 2/2/2020 at 10:20 PM, ATSEAMYLIFE said:

After the 4th day our Butler noticed we drank wine and beer.  He removed most of the soda from the refrigerator and kept it stocked with beer.  When he brought canapes or dinner room service he would always bring a few glasses of wine and more beers.       

We have the Prestige package and a PH with a Butler also but I did not think that minibar alcohol was included. Was your Butler just being proactive and anticipating you asking for drinks or were minibar drinks part of your suite amenities?

We have our first cruise on Oceania coming up in March and having drinks refilled daily by the Butler would fit our normal routine quite nicely!

1 hour ago, Best Cat Mom said:

We have the Prestige package and a PH with a Butler also but I did not think that minibar alcohol was included.

There are no alcoholic beverages in the mini fridge  unless you put it there

in the top suites you get  a selection of bottles of wine/spirits included

I am sure if you ask your butler  to put beer in your mini fridge they will keep it supplied

No alcohol in the refrigerator only soda upon arrival.  I never asked our butler to remove anything or replace it with my favorite beer.  He just took it upon himself to do that.  I'm sure if you ask your Butler they will be happy to do whatever you ask.  We upgraded to the deluxe package so that probably makes a difference.   

Edited by ATSEAMYLIFE

I'm guessing here ... when we were in a suite with the 6 bottle liquor package there were always a couple of cans of beer in the mini-fridge.  They were replaced without a problem.  I'd thought maybe we'd have to pay for the extras since we've never taken the REAL liquor package, but that wasn't necessary.

In lower cabins we never had beer in the mini-fridge. Never asked either!

Mura

On 2/8/2020 at 3:47 PM, ATSEAMYLIFE said:

No alcohol in the refrigerator only soda upon arrival.  I never asked our butler to remove anything or replace it with my favorite beer.  He just took it upon himself to do that.  I'm sure if you ask your Butler they will be happy to do whatever you ask.  We upgraded to the deluxe package so that probably makes a difference.   

To be completely clear, the basic package only includes alcoholic beverages during meals, so fridge beer would not be an option.

The upgraded package is whatever you like 24x7, so that would cover fridge beer.

• Like 1

On 2/2/2020 at 10:20 PM, ATSEAMYLIFE said:

After my second day I was able to get more than one beer at Wave bar on Insignia.  I would ask for 2 or 3 unopened to take back to my cabin.  It was never an issue.  After the 4th day our Butler noticed we drank wine and beer.  He removed most of the soda from the refrigerator and kept it stocked with beer.  When he brought canapes or dinner room service he would always bring a few glasses of wine and more beers.       

Thanks StanandJim, this may be a silly question, but was the beer in bottles or cans?  Also do they have draft beer on tap as well?

2 hours ago, Sun Queen II said:

Thanks StanandJim, this may be a silly question, but was the beer in bottles or cans?  Also do they have draft beer on tap as well?

I got mostly bottles as I had just bought this really cool insulated beer bottle holder that kept the beer cold on deck for hours.  I don't recall any cans.  There was draft don't call what it was.  

6 hours ago, Sun Queen II said:

Both.  Our experience has been that as the "request your specific brand" policy has grown, all of Oceania's ships (and we have sailed on all but Sirena) have both can and bottle beer in all venues.  

We are not beer drinkers ourselves, but enjoy our times in the lounges, so we observe what people are ordering.

Draft beer is available on the O ships at Waves Bar. Last time I was on the selections were Heineken and Newcastle. 

Oceania is not known for a good beer selection. Kind of sad compared to what Celebrity has on their beer menu. 

• Like 1

Husband was very happy that Riviera in Dec had two IPAs - Lagunitas and Goose Island - available. We hadn't seen those mentioned online so he also picked up some IPA in Miami prior to embarkation.  They were bottles (poured into acrylic if you ordered at the pool).

Edited by Hoyaheel

9 hours ago, ORV said:

Draft beer is available on the O ships at Waves Bar. Last time I was on the selections were Heineken and Newcastle. 

Oceania is not known for a good beer selection. Kind of sad compared to what Celebrity has on their beer menu. 

Now that you mention it I do recall both those on draft and bottle.  I got them in bottle so I could use my insulated holder.  I found the beer selection fine.  There was Stella, which is always welcome.  If you're are a beer drinker you must get one of these for use in hot weather.  

https://www.bottlekeeper.com/products/standard-2-0?variant=200013414425&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIhOrxkujK5wIV1iCtBh3PSwuPEAQYASABEgIl0PD_BwE

I actually have one.  My niece works for one of the biggest auto parts companies in the US and a vendor gave her personalized versions of those for our family reunion a couple of years ago. I have two, I keep it in the freezer. I didn’t take it on the cruise. Maybe I will the next time. There is certainly some good beers to drink on Oceania, but nothing like the selection on Celebrity. 

Check the list at the bottom of this page,

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/11026027

Edited by ORV