What drink package does the 3rd pax get with BSE?

fluffybunny22

I just booked the Diamond to Japan next June using the BSE promo. My son is 17 and will be traveling with us. It was super weird to book a cabin for 3 adults since he will be an adult when we travel. Does anyone know the drinking age in Japan? The TA wasn't sure and couldn't find any age mentions in his system. Even if he is of legal age does the 3rd pax get a PBP or just the premium coffee and soda package? I haven't paid any attention to the promo because our this June cruise has Sip and Sail and it would have cost too much for the additional benefits. My husband just found and decided on this cruise today. TIA.

1 hour ago, fluffybunny22 said:

Even if he is of legal age does the 3rd pax get a PBP or just the premium coffee and soda package?

The T&C for the BSE are not based on location sailed so the drinking age in Japan isn’t a factor...3rd & 4th receive a PC&SP.

https://www.princess.com/cruise-deals-promotions/best-sale-ever/

“Premier Beverage Package applies to guests booked in all stateroom types. It is valid only for all guests in a stateroom who are 21 years or older. Guests who are under 21 years of age at the time of sailing can still book the Best. Sale. Ever. pricing, but will receive the Premier Coffee & Soda Package and will not receive any refund or otherwise for that portion of the Offer. A daily limit on alcoholic beverages will apply”.

Edited by Astro Flyer

We currently have a minor booked as our 3rd passenger under BSE.  They get the Premier Coffee and Soda.   It does not show on the individual entitlements, however.  I called about it and they said it's manually added closer to the sailing.  It does show in the fine print on our travel summary.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, niccikatie said:

We currently have a minor booked as our 3rd passenger under BSE.  They get the Premier Coffee and Soda.   It does not show on the individual entitlements, however.  I called about it and they said it's manually added closer to the sailing.  It does show in the fine print on our travel summary.  

Did you check the travel summary?

Details are listed there.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, niccikatie said:

23 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Did you check the travel summary?

Details are listed there.

Yep!  As I said in my last sentence, it's on the travel summary but not listed as individual entitlements like the PBP is for the first two passengers.  As you can clearly see below  - nowhere does the Premier Coffee & Soda package show up for my third passenger.   I called and they assured me it would show closer to sailing.  I have the language on the deposit confirmation as backup should any issues arise. 

Here are screenshots:

This is what it looks like on the "Gifts and Services Summary"

uMhpyN.png

Here is what it looks like on the "Travel Summary" (each of the colors indicates a separate passenger)

QfEjbu.png

And here is the language on my deposit confirmation email

zkLfsU.png

Edited by niccikatie
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 2/12/2020 at 8:23 AM, voljeep said:

$ 210 for unlimited wifi for 3 people for 7 days seems excessive when you can purchase a 4 person unlimited for around $ 15 per day … but the package is still a great deal

Well, I'm not paying that much for it - it's listed that way because the best sale ever pays for it.  For the 3 of us on a 7 night cruise, BSE costs $535.50 more than the Base Fare + Gratuities.  So, drinks and wifi cost me an additional $178.50 per person or 25.50 per person/per night.  It definitely makes sense for us to use this promo!

On 2/10/2020 at 4:01 PM, Astro Flyer said:

The T&C for the BSE are not based on location sailed so the drinking age in Japan isn’t a factor...3rd & 4th receive a PC&SP.

“Premier Beverage Package applies to guests booked in all stateroom types... 

3rd and 4th receive PCSP if they are minors. Myself, my sister, and my mom (all adults!) each got PBP with the add-on BSE.

All show in the Travel Summary -- but I have to click Print Travel Summary, then it shows (do not HAVE to print! I haven't entered all the personal data so not ready to print. Gratuities, PBP, and WiFi all show.

17 minutes ago, crystalspin said:

3rd and 4th receive PCSP if they are minors. Myself, my sister, and my mom (all adults!) each got PBP with the add-on BSE.

All show in the Travel Summary -- but I have to click Print Travel Summary, then it shows (do not HAVE to print! I haven't entered all the personal data so not ready to print. Gratuities, PBP, and WiFi all show.

Great...that was part of the T&C (“It is valid only for all guests in a stateroom who are 21 years or older“) I posted.  

My post was about her 17 year old son who will receive the PC&SP & not about other adults in a cabin who receive the PBP as clearly stated in the T&C which I previously posted.

19 hours ago, crystalspin said:

And, again, for the minors in the third place, it will not show on the Travel Summary as I have shown above.  I wanted people to know that it's a known issue, so they weren't surprised like I was when it didn't show where you would expect it to.

Though, I do agree that Princess is generous in their 3rd/4th PAX getting the full Premier package (alcoholic or non depending on age).  It isn't the case on all lines, for sure.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, niccikatie said:

Though, I do agree that Princess is generous in their 3rd/4th PAX getting the full Premier package (alcoholic or non depending on age).  It isn't the case on all lines, for sure.

It also has not been the case for all Princess promotions. In the past it's only been the first two on the booking for the PBP inclusion. If one of those two was a minor, they would get the soda package included.  This is the first time I've seen that if you have up to 4 people, they all get the perks with the BSE deal. 

• Like 2