feb 11 grand princess late to sn Francisco

jbeth

I am really surprised that there have been no recent posts about his! Am thinking that Princess can  decide which posts to publish?

all in favor of captain's decision, BUT wondering about all the folks who changed flights twice?

No princess credit?

Just asking 

37 minutes ago, jbeth said:

I am really surprised that there have been no recent posts about his! Am thinking that Princess can  decide which posts to publish?

all in favor of captain's decision, BUT wondering about all the folks who changed flights twice?

No princess credit?

Just asking 

There is a separate thread about it.

SEE

The Grand docked in San Francisco and now has gone on another voyage.

Edited by brisalta

41 minutes ago, jbeth said:

No princess credit?

Just asking 

What are you trying to say?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, brisalta said:

There is a separate thread about it.

SEE

The Grand docked in San Francisco and now has gone on another voyage.

Thanks for sharing that, but I still don't understand what the OP is frustrated about? What were they expecting? 

4 minutes ago, jennybenny said:

Thanks for sharing that, but I still don't understand what the OP is frustrated about? What were they expecting? 

Original post seems like the thinking after too many glasses of wine 😉

Edited by brisalta
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Feb. 11, Grand Princess pulled into San Francisco 9 hours late. I think she is asking if Princess will help those re-booking flights home.  Cost wise.  There was a medical emergency and rough seas that cause this delay.   

• Thanks 1

everyone on that sailing of the grand must have been "great" company as i have seen several negative posts(not all here) about the grand leaving late and no remorse when it is mentioned they arrived and left late due to a medical emergency.  i'm not saying i wouldn't be peeved if i wasn't able to board and get my lunch inthe main dining room and unpack before muster, but i know i would have totally forgotten it by day two and have been thrilled being on a cruise.  especially once i learned why the boat was delayed.    i feel like the people complaining about this are the kind that zoom around people pulling to the side of the road for emergency vehicles.

i feel bad for the crew it these people were as sour on the cruise as they are posting about it online. 

Edited by vampiress
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, vampiress said:

everyone on that sailing of the grand must have been "great" company as i have seen several negative posts(not all here) about the grand leaving late and no remorse when it is mentioned they arrived and left late due to a medical emergency.  i'm not saying i wouldn't be peeved if i wasn't able to board and get my lunch inthe main dining room and unpack before muster, but i know i would have totally forgotten it by day two and have been thrilled being on a cruise.  especially once i learned why the boat was delayed.    i feel like the people complaining about this are the kind that zoom around people pulling to the side of the road for emergency vehicles.

i feel bad for the crew it these people were as sour on the cruise as they are posting about it online. 

I agree with you 100% 

Still find it shocking (although I really don't at times anymore 🙄) that there are people out there who have no clue how to take things in stride. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Vic The Parrot said:

I agree with you 100% 

Still find it shocking (although I really don't at times anymore 🙄) that there are people out there who have no clue how to take things in stride. 

If the passengers had flight booked through Princess EZAir, Princess will work to re-book flights and hotel stays if needed. If flights booked on there own they are responsible to book another flight and responsible for all additional costs. Princess could offer some kind of compensation, but not mentioned in post. 

5 minutes ago, nasa1974 said:

If the passengers had flight booked through Princess EZAir, Princess will work to re-book flights and hotel stays if needed. If flights booked on there own they are responsible to book another flight and responsible for all additional costs. Princess could offer some kind of compensation, but not mentioned in post. 

I find it interesting that people even considering booking a flight for the day of departure or the day of arrival of a ship. Too many things can go wrong either with flight being delayed going to the ship or in the case of arrival the ship running late or traffic jam/transport delays getting from / to the airport.

I was on the sailing and didn't hear a negative word directed toward Princess or the crew. In fact, when improvements in the off-loaded patient's condition were announced, there was applause all around. There will, of course, be whiners no matter what. "So what if someone's life is at stake? I don't want to rebook my flight! "

The Captain was not overly communicative, but given the weather not even he knew just how things would go. Friends of ours were forced to pay three times normal for an airport hotel, but that's not Princess's fault. Pax were not offered even a token for our inconvenience. But unless the sick passenger boarded against medical advice, the situation was nobody's fault. As we all learned this month, travel, even on a cruise, is not a risk-free experience.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

i think the op was on the cruise after, not the one returning late.  but in any case, it's easy to be rude online, i do truly hope they weren't rude on ship. it is an inconvenience for sure, but you may have to rebook or change your plans, but someone else is having a way worse time having a medical issue.  i would hope if i am ever in that situation i could look past my inconvenience and think kindly about the person who needs help.

Edited by vampiress
  • Like 2

On 2/15/2020 at 4:30 PM, shepp said:

I was on the sailing and didn't hear a negative word directed toward Princess or the crew. In fact, when improvements in the off-loaded patient's condition were announced, there was applause all around. There will, of course, be whiners no matter what. "So what if someone's life is at stake? I don't want to rebook my flight! "

The Captain was not overly communicative, but given the weather not even he knew just how things would go. Friends of ours were forced to pay three times normal for an airport hotel, but that's not Princess's fault. Pax were not offered even a token for our inconvenience. But unless the sick passenger boarded against medical advice, the situation was nobody's fault. As we all learned this month, travel, even on a cruise, is not a risk-free experience.

I was on the 2/11 late arrival back to San Francisco.  We booked through Princess EZ Air and they rebooked us at no cost.  Princess also put us in a San Francisco hotel  overnight and got us to the airport the next morning.  We were very happy with the way it was handled.  The only question I have now is we were told (on the paper we were given with the updated flight info and the name of the hotel) that we would each have a $40 dinner allowance and a $20 breakfast allowance.  When we arrived (2 busloads of us!) we asked the hotel clerk at check in about the meal allowances to be used in their restaurant.  She said we had to pay for the meals and would receive a credit to our card that we used onboard.  We have received no credit to date (I realize they are swamped with other issues).  When I called today to see if I needed to do anything I was told I needed to submit receipts.  We were told differently at the hotel, and did not get a receipt (paid cash).  Waiting to hear from Princess via email, but was told it could take several weeks with the backlog of issues.  Just wondering if anyone else has heard from Princess with this same issue for this specific cruise (Grand Princess SF to Hawaii Jan 27-Feb 11).  Thanks!