Do I still have to carry my luggage off the boat for early departure if transfer booked through Royal?

Their phone agents can only tell me to talk to the guest services on the boat, but I prefer to have it settled before going on the trip.

Looking for a shuttle service to get from the pier to Seattle airport for 12:10 pm flight. Royal said their transfer is guaranteed, but it costs more than seattle express. However, booking it with Royal they will have my flight times. Will they see the flight and let me off the boat early and still take my luggage the night before? I should leave the pier by 9 am to get to the airport by 10 am.

1 hour ago, LloydChristmas said:

Their phone agents can only tell me to talk to the guest services on the boat, but I prefer to have it settled before going on the trip.

Looking for a shuttle service to get from the pier to Seattle airport for 12:10 pm flight. Royal said their transfer is guaranteed, but it costs more than seattle express. However, booking it with Royal they will have my flight times. Will they see the flight and let me off the boat early and still take my luggage the night before? I should leave the pier by 9 am to get to the airport by 10 am.

Are you referring to luggage valet?

4 minutes ago, LloydChristmas said:

Referring to their airport shuttle transfer for $28 they contract with a 3rd party. We could carry our own luggage but we're also pushing a stroller and wheelchair so not having to is preferable.

Things are a little different on the otherwise of the world where HOGBAY lives.  You still need to pick up your luggage before customs and get it to the shuttle yourself.  If you are booking the cruise shuttle bus it is slow to get moving, they wait for everyone who booked to show up. If you are using luggage valet they only get luggage to the airport for flights after 11:30am. 

We were on Ovation last August/September sailing roundtrip from Seattle.  We participated in the Port of Seattle free luggage transfer program described here:  https://www.portseattle.org/page/cruise-guest-services-and-accessibility  

The service worked perfectly for us.  We left our luggage out the night before as usual, and didn't see it again until we landed in San Diego on Southwest.  It was all there and in perfect order. I highly recommend this service.

We then used Seattle Express to get to the airport.  We had previously used them to get from our airport area hotel to the port, so we booked them to take us back to the airport as well. At that time the roundtrip fare was $30.00 per person, or $16.99 one way per person.  Their buses park right in the main dropoff/pickup area, and we waited only about 10 minutes for the bus to fill and leave the port.  We were at the airport by 9:30 or so, and could probably have been there earlier if we had tried to be off the ship earlier.  They did say that if you wait later to get to the bus area, there might be a little longer wait since the buses would be en route either to the airport or back.

Pat