Cape Liberty Embarkation Question

Hello,

My boarding time is 11-11:30 am. Should I get to the port between 10-10:30 so we can go through security etc ? This way we will be ready to board at 11am?

First time cruising with RCCL so not sure what the boarding process is like.  I usually get to the port early so I can go through security and check in without waiting on long lines.

Thanks

The biggest issue at Cape liberty is the line of traffic going in to the pier..   once you are there and can drop off our luggage to the porters and go park..  the embarkation process is very fast and efficient.   we have cruised from there multiple times and the only time we had an issue the WiFi was down and they were not able to  upload  the online check ins with a scanner..  however since this new virus issue, they may have some new procedures in place..

regardless if you do as you suggested you should be fine... remember you can not get in your room until 1...  so we now plan on getting to the pier around 1 and the lines are smaller    we go straight to the cabin drop off walk on things and go eat.. 

48 minutes ago, TennisCaptain said:

remember you can not get in your room until 1...  so we now plan on getting to the pier around 1 and the lines are smaller    we go straight to the cabin drop off walk on things and go eat.. 

We like to get onboard as early as possible and enjoy a drink and people watch - embarkation day is the best for people watching. Then we eat somewhere and then check our our cabin. 

If you're self-parking at the lot next door, you can get in pretty early (7:00am-8:00am depending upon when the ship returns to port that morning).  If you're there that early you can breeze through security.  But be warned, the building at Cape Liberty must be made of kryptonite, because my phone can never get a signal, so I spend 3 hours sitting there playing solitaire on my phone.  😄

12 hours ago, TennisCaptain said:

The biggest issue at Cape liberty is the line of traffic going in to the pier..

Have cruised out of Cape Liberty twice, the last one being last September and experienced almost no traffic going into the port either time. Both times arrived via an Uber around 10:30.

On 2/19/2020 at 8:37 AM, blackshirt said:

Have cruised out of Cape Liberty twice, the last one being last September and experienced almost no traffic going into the port either time. Both times arrived via an Uber around 10:30.

Are there a lot of Uber/Lyft’s available leaving the port or would we be waiting a long time for one when we return from our cruise?