Price drop ?

Just now, mattR said:

Price of cruise just went down are you able to upgrade to a higher category and pay the difference if any or am I stuck with the category booked.  Cruise is in 2 months? 

Unless the new fare is new bookings only you should be able to upgrade paying the difference between the current rate and the rate that you paid. 

4 minutes ago, mattR said:

Price of cruise just went down are you able to upgrade to a higher category and pay the difference if any or am I stuck with the category booked.  Cruise is in 2 months? 

We just upgraded my sister and aunt from a ‘virtual balcony’ inside stateroom to a balcony on deck 9 for $11 on Ovation to AK! We are about 80 days out. Call them!

I was on hold for one hour, but it was worth the wait. 🙂 Good luck.

Edited by barbeyg
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, barbeyg said:

We just upgraded my sister and aunt from a ‘virtual balcony’ inside stateroom to a balcony on deck 9 for $11 on Ovation to AK! We are about 80 days out. Call them!

I was on hold for one hour, but it was worth the wait. 🙂 Good luck.

Nice upgrade.  The prices dropped on a lot of the OV Alaska cruises.  We upgraded from an obstructed Balcony to a large balcony and got $800 off.  We were before final payment. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Unless the new fare is new bookings only you should be able to upgrade paying the difference between the current rate and the rate that you paid. 

I called the crown and anchor number and they told me that the prices I;m seeing are for new bookings only so couldn't upgrade using the prices I see online.  She said it was a going going gone promotion.  How am I supposed to know if it is a new booking only rate?  Too bad only booked a week ago :(

10 minutes ago, mattR said:

I called the crown and anchor number and they told me that the prices I;m seeing are for new bookings only so couldn't upgrade using the prices I see online.  She said it was a going going gone promotion.  How am I supposed to know if it is a new booking only rate?  Too bad only booked a week ago 😞

I had this happen too: my cruise on the Symphony went down by 500$ per person, so I called but it was for new bookings only.  She gave me a slightly better inside room.  Lesson: wait til the last minute to book, if you can!

12 minutes ago, mattR said:

I called the crown and anchor number and they told me that the prices I;m seeing are for new bookings only so couldn't upgrade using the prices I see online.  She said it was a going going gone promotion.  How am I supposed to know if it is a new booking only rate?  Too bad only booked a week ago 😞

Check back Thursday and Friday.  The GGG sales prices that are restricted to new bookings are only on for 3 days.  After that the prices usually remain the same and are available to all.  

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Check back Thursday and Friday.  The GGG sales prices that are restricted to new bookings are only on for 3 days.  After that the prices usually remain the same and are available to all.  

This week's GGG sale is extended beyond the normal Mon-Wed:

GOING, GOING, GONE NOW EXTENDED: Tuesday, March 3, 2020 – Friday, March 6, 2020

Edited by Another_Critic

52 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

This. I called 2 days earlier about a paid upgrade to balcony for $225 for them. Was on the phone for almost an hour while the rep talked with their supervisor and came back to say the price had gone up while we were on the phone, and the difference would be $500. 

I said we would keep it like it was, figuring we could always bid on RoyalUp. Kept watched the pricing, and got the $11 upgrade last night. Keep checking...and keep calling. 🙂

Edited by barbeyg

I just upgraded for only $89 total from an inside cat 6V (149 SF) to an OV guarantee for the 3/29 Harmony sailing.  I called the C&A line at 800-526-9723 pressed 9, and was on hold for less that a minute.  My sailing is not on the going-going-gone list.

Lou