What is your favourite Carribbean Island and why?

So far for me st lucia.  Looks like where you'd film a king Kong movie or some lost in the wilderness film.  Beautiful place and enjoyed cosol tour there.  What's yours OP?

Edited by trey420
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, trey420 said:

So far for me st lucia.  Looks like where you'd film a king Kong movie or some lost in the wilderness film.  Beautiful place and enjoyed cosol tour there.  What's yours OP?

Thank you for your quick reply.

I have only been to a couple and St Maarten was my favourite as I bought a nice gold bangle.

The little boat across was sweet with the Caribbean music.

Next time I would like to find a nice beach, hopefully someone can recommend one.

Polly

Do I have to pick just one favorite island???

There are so many beautiful beaches....Sapphire Beach on St. Thomas; Orient Beach on St. Maarten; South Friar's Bay on St. Kitts.  I have a trip planned to the ABCs for September and look forward to finding other beautiful beaches on these islands.

Edited by lola2013
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, lola2013 said:

Do I have to pick just one favorite island???

There are so many beautiful beaches....Sapphire Beach on St. Thomas; Orient Beach on St. Maarten; South Friar's Bay on St. Kitts.  I have a trip planned to the ABCs for September and look forward to finding other beautiful beaches on these islands.

The more islands the better as DH and I are currently looking for cruise ideas.

Wow those beaches sound awesome thank you.

Curacao.  

Went there for a week several years ago.  We loved everything about it.  The temps are perfect pretty much year round and little rain.  The blue water for snorkeling was the best I have ever experienced.  The people were great.  Felt very safe everywhere we went and even allowed my 10 & 12 year old children to leave the resort (with the youth activities director of the resort).

• Like 3

1 minute ago, KsucAts said:

Curacao.  

Went there for a week several years ago.  We loved everything about it.  The temps are perfect pretty much year round and little rain.  The blue water for snorkeling was the best I have ever experienced.  The people were great.  Felt very safe everywhere we went and even allowed my 10 & 12 year old children to leave the resort (with the youth activities director of the resort).

Thank you, that is very helpful.

• Like 1

Best beaches I've ever been to hands down have all been in Cuba. People are nice there but the food sucks. Favourite Caribbean cruise port is St. Maarten. For under 40 bucks total our family of 4 can grab a quick water taxi to the beach and have loungers to spend a few hours on. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Mapleleafforever said:

Best beaches I've ever been to hands down have all been in Cuba. People are nice there but the food sucks. Favourite Caribbean cruise port is St. Maarten. For under 40 bucks total our family of 4 can grab a quick water taxi to the beach and have loungers to spend a few hours on. 

Cuba sounds nice but can we still cruise there?

I loved St Maarten.

We spent most of our time in the shops.

Lola2013 has kindly recommended Orient beach which I have wrote down for next time.

Edited by Polly1922

3 minutes ago, Polly1922 said:

I loved St Maarten.

Lola2013 has kindly recommended Orient beach which I have wrote down for next time.

Orient beach is really nice but a bit of a bus trip from the pier, just under 30 minutes if I remember correctly. Be warned that Orient beach has one of the longest fully nude sections in the Caribbean......it's quite the sight of raisins in the sun LOL. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Polly1922 said:

I loved St Maarten.

Sadly no more Cuba for cruise ships out of the US. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Mapleleafforever said:

Orient beach is really nice but a bit of a bus trip from the pier, just under 30 minutes if I remember correctly. Be warned that Orient beach has one of the longest fully nude sections in the Caribbean......it's quite the sight of raisins in the sun LOL. 

Best not take hubby there lol.

Is there a nice quiet beach near to town?

Grand Turk. We did a snorkeling excursion last year and then they brought us to this gorgeous beach. Wish we could have stayed longer. Also Labadee, pre revamp. We went there in 2005 and loved it then. It’s too commercialized now. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bees29 said:

Grand Turk. We did a snorkeling excursion last year and then they brought us to this gorgeous beach. Wish we could have stayed longer. Also Labadee, pre revamp. We went there in 2005 and loved it then. It’s too commercialized now. 

Thank you.

All this help is fantastic in helping us pick a Caribbean cruise for the end of this year/ early next year 

"raisins in the sun"...best thing I've heard today!!!

I knew there was a portion of the beach that was clothing optional, but I assumed there was some sort of fence or hedge separating the two parts of the beach.  Found out that's not the case!!! Oh my.....😉

• Like 1

Just now, lola2013 said:

"raisins in the sun"...best thing I've heard today!!!

I knew there was a portion of the beach that was clothing optional, but I assumed there was some sort of fence or hedge separating the two parts of the beach.  Found out that's not the case!!! Oh my.....😉

Never mind but thanks for posting.

This would be a sightseeing tour for DH lol.

St Maarten. We love it because everything we need is right near the port. You have the nice beach, shopping, restaurants, everything right there so you don't have to pay for a taxi to take you anywhere.

• Like 1

St. John. National Park. Unspoiled and breathtakingly beautiful. I admit I'm biased, hubby and I honeymooned there 30 years ago. Day trip from St. Thomas works well! 

St. Lucia a close second. The Pitons. Volcano mud baths....amazing!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1