Carnival Communication Criticism

Will4Reals

5 hours ago, campdaan said:

My cruise on the Breeze was supposed to leave today. 

I got an email today saying not to forget my boarding pass. 

My Carnival page where I log into to manage my cruise says I have 3 hours to departure. 

So... I know Carnival has my email. 

I signed up for text alerts. I still have the confirmation text. 

I HAVE NOT GOT 1 EMAIL OR TEXT FROM CARNIVAL, EXCEPT TO TELL ME TO BRING MY BOARDING PASS. 

This is unacceptable. 

This would have been my 17th Carnival Cruise, so I’ve dealt with them for years. 

There is no excuse. 

Bazinga ... you have detailed perfectly the exasperation of fellow passengers.. they know how to reach you yet someone didn’t undo the auto emails.?

at headquarters shouldn’t the FIRST ask have been ‘omg how to get in touch with those passengers leaving tomorrow, day after, this week?’

and someone could have said ‘heh we have their email addresses! Let’s do a blanket email!’ 

Edited by remydiva

6 hours ago, remydiva said:

As a loyal princess customer, I would respectfully disagree with your statement that ‘nobody was sailing them’. I suggest to get the real narrative ,hop on over to Princess forums To see how loyal they are.

Our cruise in April was cancelled by Princess announcement so I was actively monitoring their board.
As well I was Monitoring  celebrity and carnival boards on behalf of friends and cousins . 
completely different narratives.

So not want to go down a rabbit hole on this.  I am sure there  are tons of loyal Princess cruisers.  That said, there are tons who think just the opposite.  I hope I am wrong, but I have serious fears about the brand.  My comment about people on their ships was from an article on cancellations (before all of this).  They led the pack, by a long shot.  Call it bad timing, luck or what have you.  

Carnival thought they could float through this. They had blinders on and tried to steer the ships away from the virus and people at risk. The writing was on the walls for 48 hours before the President tweeted out what they should have announced. They got caught their pants down! If they would just pull them up and act like responsible people maybe people would be less upset. Seems like they cannot get a proper response going to their issues at hand. 

Couldn’t agree more with OP. After reading everything this is my simple thought....during hurricane season what is the main source Carnival uses to communicate changes to itinerary? It’s posted on there website first, not twitter, etc. Should have been the same in this instance. 

• Like 1

Getting the word out is a huge undertaking.  There is IT work associated with determining which individuals need to be contacted.  Decisions need to be made on what compensation will be offered.  I have two cruises that were supposed to sail in the next 30 days, one on CCL and one on RCCL.  I received an e-mail from RCCL 3 hours after Trump's tweet and the one from CCL 4 hours later.

Both of my cruises were booked through a TA.  RCCL has been sending me all of the pertinent change information simultaneous to sending it to my TA.  Except for the e-mail about yesterday's cancellations, Carnival has relied on sending the information only to my TA and relying on my TA to pass it along.  This adds additional time delay to the notification.  I hope that Carnival will now start doing what RCCL does and send this important information directly to the guest, especially now when the situation is changing daily, if not hourly.

1 hour ago, Coopdog08 said:

Couldn’t agree more with OP. After reading everything this is my simple thought....during hurricane season what is the main source Carnival uses to communicate changes to itinerary? It’s posted on there website first, not twitter, etc. Should have been the same in this instance. 

Exactly. 

I was not going to board the Facebook Breeze or The Twitter Breeze...

I was going to board the Carnival Breeze. 

Carnival should be ashamed. 

I have to agree I think carnival should have done more with communications if they can send out mass emails of sales they could have done the same with announcements. I don’t sail until December my son has a cruise in July. So we will see what happens. I do feel bad for individuals who went a day or so early to find out they can’t go. 

11 hours ago, 4jaynki said:

1. I'm glad you think a Fortune 500 company can get out unprocessed information in seconds. 

2. Do you know when Carnival made the decision?

3. The President sent the tweet at about 620pm EST, the poster even stated he was notified within almost 6 hours, others got their before and after that.

Again if you think Carnival and ANY OTHER COMPANY are not doing everything they can to not only keep their damn business afloat but also appease customers at the same damn time, your insane. Any vacationer still planning ot go with their plans is taking a HUGE risk right now, one that can have lots of complications, including myself.  You need to be ready for anything.

I received my email of my cancelled Royal Caribbean cruise within 2 hours after the official decision of fleet-wide cancellations were made.