Celebrity Ship Being Held

jknc

BREAKING: Passengers onboard the Celebrity Summit Cruise ship will not be allowed to disembark

There was a + case of COVID-19 onboard the previous cruise involving a Canadian passenger. The 14 day quarantine ends 3/21/20.

Edited by jknc
Added info

36 minutes ago, MoniMommy said:

Someone is doing a great job keeping this out of the news.

I think it’s more that this isn’t really news.  From what I’ve read the local govt didn’t want the ship to dock out of fear so they head to Port Everglades instead.  No one is sick so it’s just a reroute and their is a lot more issues in the US right now. 

Edited by Sail n Snow

12 minutes ago, Sail n Snow said:

I think it’s more that this isn’t really news.  From what I’ve read the local govt didn’t want the ship to dock out of fear so they head to Port Everglades instead.  No one is sick so it’s just a reroute and their is a lot more issues in the US right now. 

A Canadian woman tested positive when she returned home to Waterloo Ontario on March 8. Her husband has now tested positive. 

A male passenger from Waterloo tested positive when he returned home from his celebrity sillouette cruise out of Fort Lauderdale on March 6. He started feeling unwell March 1st. 

On the previous cruise.  If the crew did their job and disinfected the ship properly and all on board use proper hygiene by washing hands and not touching your face the next cruise should not have any issues and as far as we know they don’t have any reports of cases.  

San Juan is being extra cautious since they are an island and probably have limited resources to deal with an outbreak. 

Edited by Sail n Snow

On 3/14/2020 at 9:59 PM, Sail n Snow said:

On the previous cruise.  If the crew did their job and disinfected the ship properly and all on board use proper hygiene by washing hands and not touching your face the next cruise should not have any issues and as far as we know they don’t have any reports of cases.  

San Juan is being extra cautious since they are an island and probably have limited resources to deal with an outbreak. 

...Uh .. what ???