Bring Wine/Pay Corkage Fee Process Question

blutfort

If I want to bring wine on board and pay the corkage fee where do the bottles "live"?  Do I get to keep them in my cabin so they are accessible whenever I want?  Do they get put in central storage and I have to find a bartender and then they disappear for 30 minutes and bring me some?  Can I bring a corkscrew or will some over zealous security guy consider it a weapon.  Is the fee still $15 per person?

Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

You most certainly can keep them in your cabin.  If you take them to dinner with you and you have leftovers you can ask them to keep it for you and they will retrieve it next time you dine.

No problems with bringing a corkscrew.  If you forget one ask your steward and he will provide.

Yes, 15 bucks for a regular size bottle, 30 for magnums.

https://www.ncl.com/faq#!#can-i-bring-alcohol-board

Edited by ColeThornton
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, ColeThornton said:

You most certainly keep them in your cabin.  If you take them to dinner with you and you have leftovers you can ask them to keep it for you and they will retrieve it next time you dine.

No problems with bringing a corkscrew.  If you forget one ask your steward and he will provide.

Yes, 15 bucks for a regular size bottle, 30 for magnums.

https://www.ncl.com/faq#!#can-i-bring-alcohol-board

Thanks! Just what I needed to know!

1 minute ago, ggTexasGal said:

No, the fee(s) are $15/$30 per bottle, NOT per person! These have been the fees for more than seven years, or longer.

Yep.  I meant to type per bottle.  So used to 'per person per day' things that I think I just naturally typed that.  Thanks for keeping the post honest for others.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, blutfort said:

Leave the bottles in your bag at security; if they don't send you over to the table to get charged, just walk on with them.  My last two trips out of manhattan they just didn't care.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, blutfort said:

Just a suggestion, we kept ours in one of the large wine refrigerators so it would be at cellar temperature. We had access to it whenever we wanted and they would even fetch a bottle for us at dinner. 

• Like 1

On 3/14/2020 at 3:32 PM, blutfort said:

If I want to bring wine on board and pay the corkage fee where do the bottles "live"?  Do I get to keep them in my cabin so they are accessible whenever I want? 

You can keep it in your cabin if you want to, but you don't have to.
I found it so much more convenient to bring all my bottles to the MDR on my first day.  They stored my bottles in the central wine cellar, and gave me tags for them.

From that point on, no matter where I was on the ship, they'd bring my wine (at a proper serving temp) to me - bar, restaurant, wherever) and I could enjoy it.  Defiintely much better value for my 15 bucks, IMO