for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

3 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

That's it -- I'm leaving the US when our OOTD descriptions start including body armor....

3 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

That's it -- I'm leaving the US when our OOTD descriptions start including body armor....

We’ve had several close shootings here & he knows how outspoken I can be.  

Hi girls, I was not planning to get anything else but I went to DSW today and found the cutest sandals that I will use here at home and especially around the pool on my cruise🙂 They are BZees.....they are called "Carry On" LOL.......they are VERY lightweight too. I will try to post a photo. The straps are a lightweight canvas. AND they have some good arch support too!

Carry On Toe Loop Slide Sandal - TopCarry On Toe Loop Slide Sandal - BackCarry On Toe Loop Slide Sandal - Front

• Like 3

Lois - those look cute and wearable everywhere.

Saw the ENT today.  After talking about the demon cough for awhile, he first looked in my ears.  turns out my left ear canal is very narrow - he had to use a pediatric tube to get it in to look.  now I know why earpods don't really work on me!  Then. he did the scope down each nostril for a look.  Outside of a little pink around the voicebox (probably from coughing), he found that i have a cartilage spur (like a bone spur)  in my left nostril.  Fortunately, it's in a position that it doesn't affect my breathing.  Ended up pronouncing all good.  So, he's now thinking 'silent reflux' as the cause.  it's 'silent' because it doesn't give you heartburn like normal reflux.  he said it's actually pretty common.  So, we're going to try a big dose of prilosec 2x day until the end of the month to see if helps.  And, to be sure the scope didn't miss anything, i'll get a CT scan.    I hope this really does clear it up!!!  

The ENT's office is only a couple blocks from TJ's, so I hit it up.  I found all 3 flavors of Bamba - plain, the hazelnut filled (aka nutella) and a dark chocolate dipped.  Taste test will be in order!!  Also got another bottle of spicy mango lemonade and limeade.  Those blend really well with some ice and Titos!!  

OOTD:  It was 85 down in Salt lake today for the late afternoon, so I picked my overalls and a lavender sleeveless T.  I rolled up the legs a litte bit to let my hi tops show off.  I was perfectly comfy.  i even got a couple of compliments on the overalls.  Fun time!!

Edited by slidergirl
  • Like 1

Cute shoes, Lois. They will be fun to wear. When do you leave for your cruise?

Kat, sounds like your ENT visit ruled out some causes and hopefully the Prilosec will take care of things. Seems like we often end up ruling out the serious stuff but no definite answer. 

Stopped at TJ’s today too and picked up more of the filled bambas and another pkg of the blueberry cheese. No Saturn peaches today but they assured me they will be in stock later this week. No big holy**** moment today. Please let us know the results of your taste test.

Sharon

9 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi Sharon, I fly out on the 25th. Staying 1 night pre cruise on the 26th and sailing on the 27th. 

Cute sandals, I could use a pair like that. Have a great cruise. 

Sharon - is that the blueberry-covered goat cheese? love that one.  I thought of picking one up, but I had a mini-round of Marin Farms petite creme sitting at home.  Got it at my local grocery.  TJ's just has their petite Breakfast round, which is actually really good.  The shelves at TJ's are still pretty bare - the pre-made salads and bagged salads with all the fixings were really scarce.  My crackers and my sweet potato tortilla chips haven't been around for 2 months.  

Kat, it’s called Blueberry Fields Hard Cheese and the blueberry appears to be in the rind. It isn’t a strong cheese and there is a hint of blueberry which goes well with the cheese(I think).  I see it’s made with raw milk. It is in the current flyer and according to the checker it is seasonal. 

Surprised to hear that your TJ’s isn’t well stocked. Could it be that it is a really busy store? The one we go to is very busy so we try and go early in the morning and everything is well stocked. Someone is usually working on the produce case and the ready made salads along with all the packaged salads are always there. I have noticed that ours seems to have a larger produce dept than the one we go to when we are in Minneapolis. I too haven’t been seen some of the cracker varieties that we used to buy. 

Had my 3rd PT appointment this morning and just a bit sore now. I talked to my doctor about a referral for my knee when I saw her a few weeks ago. I do have some arthritis but I didn’t help it any when I wore slippers all those months that we all stayed home.  However, I surprised myself when I was able to walk around Disneyland and CA Adventure for 3 days so I think I can make some progress going forward.  

OOTD loose and comfy clothes for the PT workout but changing into something else (haven’t decided what) so we can go out for dinner. It’s warm here so will aim for something cool since we are eating outside.

• Like 1

My TJs has been very sporadic. Part of it may be due to my shopping time but I also think they are probably having the same supply issues as everyone else.

Last time I was there I grabbed some of their frozen felafel. Never had it before but it just appealed as a light lunch or dinner. TJs also sells Tzaziki.  I tried them together last night and the felafel wasn't bad at all. I probably would never have looked at them except the Fearless Flyer had a new variety -- dill pickle flavored felafel. I wasn't brave enough to try that one, but the plain is pretty okay. Granted, not like getting them fresh-fried from a stand in the market in Jerusalem, but....

Today I am catching up on random tasks, one of which is getting my DL changed to new address. It's not too hot here but very humid. I washed my hair and it is all over the place, lol. Trying to get it to look decent.

• Like 1

Blueberry cheese - now I know which one.   Dill pickle - they have a bunch of things done 'dill' this season.  Did you pick up the seasoning so you can go dill??  Never thought of falafel before, but I do like them, just never picked up at TJ's.  As for the sparse shelves - it's like that at both of the TJ's here in the Valley.  probably get replenished by the same delivery trucks.    Oh, the spicy mango drink in the refrigerated dairy/fruit juices section is actually spicy mango lemonade.  it's excellent blended up with Tito's and some ice.  i might try it with some rum tonight.

my weirdness - i got to watch the video of the scopes going up my nose and down to my esophagus.  Very interesting!!  he showed me where that cartilege spur is, and the vocal chords and top of the esophagus,  Really clear photos.  

ootd;  another warm day - up to 80 late afternoon.  have to go into town to pick up a prescription, so i think it'll be my overalls and a sleeveless T.  Those overalls may be my favorite thing to wear this summer!

• Like 1

I enjoy seeing the scope pictures. On my last endoscopy I asked what a specific shadow was, doc looked at me & said you should be reading these. Both the radiologist & I missed it (turned out to be the edge of the ventral wall hernia (which entailed more tests & a bigger surgery. Sigh. I have to go back again in August

thinking about Debbie & hoping all is ok with her. Melody

Good morning!  Nice sandals, Lois, they look like they should be good for your cruise. 

Got up early yesterday to take husband to Orlando airport for his flight to MN, he should be leaving today with Ben for the long flight to Australia. Spent the rest of the day taking some beach walks and doing chores around the condo.  Watched the commitee’s first report, scary stuff.  I plan on catching up with Stanley Tucci tonight.

I, too, like to look at (inspect😂) the pictures of any testing I’ve had done, just not while they are doing it!   As a nurse, I have to make sure they did not miss anything.😂

Sherri🙂

• Like 2

Sherri, sounds like you will have some “me” time while DH is away. Enjoy!

As a nurse the scans make sense to you. I would have no idea what I was looking at and just might think the whole thing looked bad and of course then I would worry. Although I think most of us wonder if anything was missed. 

I too watched the hearing and I agree with you-pretty scary stuff. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, awhfy said:

I enjoy seeing the scope pictures. On my last endoscopy I asked what a specific shadow was, doc looked at me & said you should be reading these. Both the radiologist & I missed it (turned out to be the edge of the ventral wall hernia (which entailed more tests & a bigger surgery. Sigh. I have to go back again in August

thinking about Debbie & hoping all is ok with her. Melody

Melody, I hope your August visit turns out ok. Maybe you missed your calling?

We haven’t heard from Debbie in a long time and I too hope she is ok.

Sharon

• Like 1

Hi girls, this was announced today and it should make anyone traveling internationally happy🙂

They are dropping the testing requirements for entry into the US as of Sunday at 12:01am🙂

Here is a link for anyone interested:

https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/10/politics/us-to-end-pre-departure-testing-requirement/index.html

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi girls, this was announced today and it should make anyone traveling internationally happy🙂

They are dropping the testing requirements for entry into the US as of Sunday at 12:01am🙂

Here is a link for anyone interested:

https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/10/politics/us-to-end-pre-departure-testing-requirement/index.html

This is about the best news I've heard all week!!  😁

I had a running commentary from my ENT.  He showed me the 'replay' so he could stop and point out things.  But he was commenting all the time on the 'real time' exploration.  It was interesting to see my little spur in my nose vs the same spot in the other nostril.  The voice box to the top of the esophagus was really impressive - it was so clear.  i should have asked for a still photo of it!

Watched the hearing also.  Scary and surprising and disgusting.  I still think that, while everyone needs to hear all about this, it will end with nothing being done.  Just the feeling I have.  It'll be buried like the Mueller Report ☹️

I did a little mix of the Jalapeño Limeade with some rum last night.  i'll say it works much better with vodka...i have to say that having my little BlendJet is so nice for a quick mixing of a 'slushy",  it's better than just having the drink over ice.  

I'm stuck in my house today - the HOA is having our potholes and cracks filled and fixed.  My block is today, so no driving on the street.   that's ok as i didn't have anything planned.  so ootd is just some running shorts & a tank since it's going to be hot.

1 hour ago, purduemom1 said:

Kat, I bought the dill pickle seasoning. It’s ok but I doubt I will buy it again.  Also tried the dill mustard. It too is just ok. Wonder if we will see more items like this as a summer seasonal feature.

TJ's seems to have a lot of seasonal items.  Sometimes they have a 'month' of special things.  It's part of the reason i like shopping there.  Looks like they are on the dill pickle kick - the seasoning, the potato chips, the mustard, etc.

6 minutes ago, slidergirl said:

TJ's seems to have a lot of seasonal items.  Sometimes they have a 'month' of special things.  It's part of the reason i like shopping there.  Looks like they are on the dill pickle kick - the seasoning, the potato chips, the mustard, etc.

don't forget the felafel.  I think I draw the line at dill pickle lemonade though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1