for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

12 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

The Woolx shirt I ordered came yesterday but I didn't have a chance to open the package until today. Have to say I am not impressed. Their "midweight" is heavy, heavier than I want or need, and the color is much duller than the website showed.  (Supposed to be blue-gray but it's sort of a muddy gray....). It's also kind of shapeless.

Oh well, back it goes. 

Bummer

17 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi Sharon🙂.......my next cruise is Oct 22nd sailing out of Quebec down to NYC for 11 nights. It is a "New England itinerary" and hoping the fall will have some beautiful colors up in that neck of the woods.

Hi Lois! We are leaving Sept 19 (in 8 days😳) for a cruise up into Canada.  This cruise was originally booked for 2020, moved to 2021 and then again to 2022.  Really didn’t think it would be a go, I kept putting off even thinking about it, so we have no plans beyond flights to Boston and hotel and I did not reserve those until August.  I guess we will just wing it and see what happens! 

The good news is I spent yesterday going through my closet and found a pair of  black pants that I have not worn since pre-pandemic, they still fit!!  Also, jeans still fit, haven’t worn those since our trip to VA in early March.

I am hoping to come home to an almost done kitchen😂

Sherri🙂

Edited by sjb317
  • Like 3

16 hours ago, purduemom1 said:

Just had to share. DS finished the half IronMan 

today. For those not familiar with this competition,  it’s swim(lake), bike and run. I’m guessing that he may be planning to try a full IronMan. He’s competed before (Marathon, Century Ride) but this was his first IronMan. 

Congrats to your son!  Iron Man competitions are very rigorous and I am always amazed by the people who finish one. 

Sherri🙂

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, sjb317 said:

Hi Lois! We are leaving Sept 19 (in 8 days😳) for a cruise up into Canada.  This cruise was originally booked for 2020, moved to 2021 and then again to 2022.  Really didn’t think it would be a go, I kept putting off even thinking about it, so we have no plans beyond flights to Boston and hotel and I did not reserve those until August.  I guess we will just wing it and see what happens! 

The good news is I spent yesterday going through my closet and found a pair of  black pants that I have not worn since pre-pandemic, they still fit!!  Also, jeans still fit, haven’t worn those since our trip to VA in early March.

I am hoping to come home to an almost done kitchen😂

Sherri🙂

Hi Sherri, hope you have a wonderful cruise🙂 and if you haven't set up an ArriveCan account, you need to do that........there are multiple threads over on other forums about it.  Canada has specific rules/regulations if you are going there (even if the cruise line has more laxed rules). We need to follow what the country requires.

Glad the pants still fit🙂

• Like 1

21 hours ago, awhfy said:

I had my Omicron booster yesterday (as did Les). He’s fine & I have a brutal migraine (could be weather related tho). It’s 34 outside & light rain. Melody

Hoping to get mine later this week.  I had almost no side effects from the previous two boosters.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, purduemom1 said:

today. For those not familiar with this competition,  it’s swim(lake), bike and run. I’m guessing that he may be planning to try a full IronMan. He’s competed before (Marathon, Century Ride) but this was his first IronMan. 

Wow, congrats on that achievement. It's a true test of fitness!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sjb317 said:

I realized yesterday that my trip is going to be here before I know it. Started hunting through my closet and can't seem to find my "go to" Eileen Fisher black silk pants (worn for dinner multiple times on cruises with different tops).  I am going to have to tear the place up today and (hopefully) locate them.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

The Woolx shirt I ordered came yesterday but I didn't have a chance to open the package until today. Have to say I am not impressed. Their "midweight" is heavy, heavier than I want or need, and the color is much duller than the website showed.  (Supposed to be blue-gray but it's sort of a muddy gray....). It's also kind of shapeless.

Oh well, back it goes. 

Which one did you get?  I'm more a fan of the lightweight shirts.  But, to each her own.  

Woah.  Down go 31 degrees overnight and forecast to go to 80 today.  At least i remembered to close my bedroom window to a crack.  left the living room window open - the thermostat at 8am read 58 degrees for the house.  

Ok.  i'm migrating into 'getting ready to work for the winter' mode, fashion-wise. i want to be able to get a little use out of some of the things I bought for my vacation, like the shirts.  i want to find an oversized cable knit vest (to wear with leggings) to wear over the button down shirts.  looked on amazon and the one that I almost liked has slits at the side bottom - not sure I want that.  Then, it seemed like every other one was the exact same one, just sold by resellers from China.  Even went to walmart.com to look and they had that same one!   If anyone sees one, let me know!  i'm thinking traditional 'irish oatmeal' or maybe black.

I think i'll get my booster tomorrow when I go in and pick up my med refills.  I'm behind on vaxes - need booster, flu, and that pesky shingles duo.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi Sherri, hope you have a wonderful cruise🙂 and if you haven't set up an ArriveCan account, you need to do that........there are multiple threads over on other forums about it.  Canada has specific rules/regulations if you are going there (even if the cruise line has more laxed rules). We need to follow what the country requires.

Glad the pants still fit🙂

Yup, I am planning on setting up our account this weekend, then I can put the last info in while we are in Boston.  Rumor has it that Canada is waiting until after the 2022 cruise season ends to lift their requirements😂

Sherri🙂

3 minutes ago, sjb317 said:

Yup, I am planning on setting up our account this weekend, then I can put the last info in while we are in Boston.  Rumor has it that Canada is waiting until after the 2022 cruise season ends to lift their requirements😂

Sherri🙂

Rumors? LOL.....they can be the life of message boards.  The only Rumors I love are on Fleetwood Mac's classic album😃

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Lois R said:

Rumors? LOL.....they can be the life of message boards.  The only Rumors I love are on Fleetwood Mac's classic album😃

I still love Fleetwood Mac, remember seeing them in concert many times!

Sherri🙂

8 hours ago, slidergirl said:

Which one did you get?  I'm more a fan of the lightweight shirts.  But, to each her own.  

It's the Blair tunic, color "Stormy Weather".   

I did not think it would be anywhere near so heavy given other merino wool brands I've tried. It's not something I could wear indoors at all under normal temps. Sleeves are abnormally long (and I have long arms!)

On 9/10/2022 at 2:30 PM, purduemom1 said:

IronMan is so well named. Hubs has done one, then ‘retired’ to ultramarathons. Now down to much more sane runs

• Like 1

21 hours ago, slidergirl said:

Woah.  Down go 31 degrees overnight and forecast to go to 80 today.  At least i remembered to close my bedroom window to a crack.  left the living room window open - the thermostat at 8am read 58 degrees for the house.  

Ok.  i'm migrating into 'getting ready to work for the winter' mode, fashion-wise. i want to be able to get a little use out of some of the things I bought for my vacation, like the shirts.  i want to find an oversized cable knit vest (to wear with leggings) to wear over the button down shirts.  looked on amazon and the one that I almost liked has slits at the side bottom - not sure I want that.  Then, it seemed like every other one was the exact same one, just sold by resellers from China.  Even went to walmart.com to look and they had that same one!   If anyone sees one, let me know!  i'm thinking traditional 'irish oatmeal' or maybe black.

I think i'll get my booster tomorrow when I go in and pick up my med refills.  I'm behind on vaxes - need booster, flu, and that pesky shingles duo.  

Whatever you do don’t get the shingles with any other vaccine. That one put both of us on our butts for w days (& hubs never has a reaction to anything)

Hi girls........question about The Shingles Vax. I have never had one........never had Shingles either. Do you all recommend getting one every year? Is this a vax I can just get at my pharmacy and is it covered by insurance? Thanks for any help😃

3 hours ago, awhfy said:

Whatever you do don’t get the shingles with any other vaccine. That one put both of us on our butts for w days (& hubs never has a reaction to anything)

That's why i keep waiting to get the shingles vax - i've heard lots of talk about after effects.  i do have to get it before i go back to work because i would only have 1 day to recover and I want more.  i wouldn't get it with any of my others - i just have to get them.

Lois - it's a '2 shots and done' thing for shingles.  Not an every year deal.  Absolutely get it!  I had shingles once on my lower back and it was awful - I wouldn't wish it on my enemy.  And, my opthalmologist told me I had shingles in my right eye the other year, too.   AND, having shingles once does not prevent you from having it again!!

• Like 1

Lois. I believe the shingles vax is covered under a part D plan for Medicare but not part A or B, so you have to have a part D plan for coverage. Otherwise, it’s something that is usually covered by most employer sponsored health plans. 

I THINK…Shingles is something that you may end up getting if you have ever had the chicken pox earlier in life, then that virus can manifest again later in life and cause the shingles. The vaccine is one of those that is supposed to have a long effective time but immunity will fade so it’s a bit of a dilemma to sort when you get one to maximize the effective years of the vaccine’s immunity. Eligibility begins at age 50 but some MDs will recommend waiting until later to have the effective years stretch longer on your life, but then if you don’t get the vax under employer insurance coverage, it won’t be covered unless you have plan D past age 65 or whenever you are forced into Medicare. It’s an expensive vax if you have to pay OOP.

Edited by Anita Latte
More info

6 minutes ago, Anita Latte said:

Lois. I believe the shingles vax is covered under a part D plan for Medicare but not part A or B, so you have to have a part D plan for coverage. Otherwise, it’s something that is usually covered by most employer sponsored health plans. 

Hi, I am not on Medicare yet. I have a Govt plan until my next birthday.......I turn 65 in March so will go on Medicare at that point.  I will talk to my pharmacist.

Thanks🙂

• Like 1

Lois, Did you have ever have chicken pox? If you didn't, you don't need the vax.  I never had chicken pox and my MD told me no vax is needed. Shingles is a recurrence of the virus in your body if you had chicken pox. If you are unsure if you ever had it, you can get a blood test to see if you need it.  Consult your doctor. Also, if you do need it, the vax lasts many years. It is not an annual shot.

13 minutes ago, WELDON said:

Lois, Did you have ever have chicken pox? If you didn't, you don't need the vax.  I never had chicken pox and my MD told me no vax is needed. Shingles is a recurrence of the virus in your body if you had chicken pox. If you are unsure if you ever had it, you can get a blood test to see if you need it.  Consult your doctor. Also, if you do need it, the vax lasts many years. It is not an annual shot.

Hi, yes I had the chicken pox, mumps and I think I had the measles too. 

Thanks for the information! I appreciate it.

Hi 

We have returned to the lake for a few days before my next treatment , last of the radiation 🙂

I was also thinking of getting the shingles vaccine but am unable to at the moment.

Went for a lovely walk this morning and got a bag of  tangelos , so juiced them when we got back .

I heard on the radio this morning that Disney Cruise line are coming to New Zealand this Summer , thats a first for them here .

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi girls........question about The Shingles Vax. I have never had one........never had Shingles either. Do you all recommend getting one every year? Is this a vax I can just get at my pharmacy and is it covered by insurance? Thanks for any help😃

It’s a two shot vaccine. Shingles can be very, very uncomfortable. If you’ve ever had chicken pox you can get shingles. I’m surprised your doc hasn’t recommended that you get the shots

16 hours ago, Anita Latte said:

It’s an expensive vax if you have to pay OOP.

Curious how much we're talking?  In the hundreds?  Thousands?  

I have meant to get the shot now for several years, but first there was COVID, then all the vaccines and boosters. I do want to get around to it soon.