for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

3 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Looks delicious.......would you mind looking at the back of the bag and post the amount of sugar that is in it?

Hi Lois -- of course! 

The serving size is listed as 1/2 cup, but I would say that I probably have a serving that is about half that.

The total sugars are listed as 18g for the 1/2 cup serving size. Hope that helps!

2 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

Hi Lois -- of course! 

The serving size is listed as 1/2 cup, but I would say that I probably have a serving that is about half that.

The total sugars are listed as 18g for the 1/2 cup serving size. Hope that helps!

thanks.......yikes, 18 grams of sugar😮

Hi girls, I spoke with the Insurance agent this morning about Medicare and am really happy now. He sounds very knowledgeable and was really helpful about it all. He sent me a form to fill out for what meds I take and will research several plans for me.  I will speak with him again on Wednesday and I feel much better now about it all. Nice to talk to someone who knows what they are doing🙂.  From what I can tell, at this point, I am not getting an "Advantage Plan" but will know more on Wednesday. 

There sure is a lot of information, that is for sure! 

Hope Melody is having a good cruise🙂......

Tomorrow I get a hair cut. I was supposed to have it cut on Saturday but my gal texted me that she had been bitten by a dog and needed to reschedule. 

Hope all of you had a good weekend.

• Like 1

Lois - I'll hope that your Medicare news ends up with good news.  

Cynthia - I deliberately bypassed that snack!!!  I chose 1, so I took the peppermint meringues.  Not as deadly.   One of my owners gave me a little "thank you" this morning for getting her unit ready for a last-minute visit - some vegan dark chocolate salted caramels (made with coconut cream)  and a little cash.  Not the $200 start I had last year from my first guests, but it's a start to the gratuity train!! 

I have both Christmas trees all decorated and lit here at the condos now.  I don't think I want to decorate another tree ever again!!  

Last night was horrible driving down the mountain home.  First really big storm and the plows hadn't been up the road at 7pm when I left.  I only skidded twice and I knew it was coming since we all skid at this one turn.  But, after that it was BAD.  It's a 6% grade and 2.5 miles of 2-lane road.  I was in 1st gear and no more than 5mph the whole way.  Saw 6 cars already into the snowbanks.  Once I got down, it was OK the rest of my7.5 mile drive.  Just too early in the year for this!!  Now, I'm just looking out my office window, watching people without winter tires slipping while trying to drive up the street!!

OOTD:  my cheetah print Hot Chillys zip neck shirt, my white Athleta big sleeveless hoodie, my brown Pact moto leggings and my NEW OluKai Wao chukka boots.  They are my new waterproof booties to wear for work.  I got the tan color and they came out this week with "cloudy" color, a light beige.  Good for wear anywhere where you are going to have any wet weather!!  I wanted the Hawaii'iloa Manu Hope booties, but I wasn't sure how my reconstructed ankle would fare with a slip-in.  So, I got the Wao, which ties up.  Very comfy!!!

• Like 1

Hi Kat🙂, I think it will be......at least I have some peace of mind now that someone who is in the industry knows what they are doing.  He told me Florida has a LOT of choices (plans) and I should know much more are on Wednesday.

The weather here was about 62 today with no sun at all. What we call "UGLY" outside.

• Like 1

Really bad news at work today.  2 nights ago, some 20-somethings were out sledding behind our condos on the ski run.  One girl crashed into on of the lift towers.  The Fire Dept had to Med Flight her down to Salt Lake for skull injury - she unfortunately didn't survive.  She wasn't staying at our condos, but there are 4 other buildings around the ski run we are on.  Sad.  It happened 2 hours after I left for the night.  

The new OluKai shoes were very comfy all afternoon.  And, the snow dumped all day long.  Fortunately, it stopped and things were decently plowed so it wasn't a bad drive home.

Hello friends......Sharon, if you are around, I just finished speaking for 1.5 hours with my Insurance agent and got all my Medicare taken care of😀.........lots of good information from someone who knows what they are doing. 

Getting the regular A/B and getting D (drugs) that is through Humana.  My supplement is through Mutual of Omaha. And whoever mentioned plan G......I ended up with that too. 

Everything ended up being pretty reasonably priced too and I have to remember, there are no BIG deductibles like with regular insurance!  

I feel so much better now and having peace of mind is definitely a good thing🙂

• Like 2

On 12/12/2022 at 8:48 PM, cruisemom42 said:

Wow, Kat, that is terrible news. Some family is going to be devastated at that loss. 

Sounds like you may be in for a snowy winter. Keep being a careful driver. Can you sleep over at work if it is too dicey to drive home?

If it gets too bad, if one of our two HOA-owned units is empty, I can camp there.  I also carry a "winter" emergency kit - it has a thermarest air mattress and a sleeping bag.  

I know drivers behind me may get a little upset that I drive soooo slow down the mountain.  I don't care.  I did a 280 down that hill once and another time I hit a guardrail (Kept me from sliding down the hill). It's one of the things that I don't like about working where I do.  

Melody - when I looked at your photo again with the red hoodie - you could use my pink furry boots!!!

Day off!! Yay!  I was so tired at the end of yesterday and I did 11 hours of sleep!!!  We are supposed to have a newbie start work on Friday - I sure hope so, even if she is part time.    I sent an email to some of my favorite owners to let them know about our good snow - 3 of them showed up last minute!  It was fun to see them,  and some more are coming over the weekend.  2 more weeks until we start the Wine & Cheese après ski gatherings in the lounge.  One of my fun times - get to chat it up with everyone.  

OOTD:  not going anywhere, so some sweatpants and a long-sleeve T.  

• Like 1

Melody - so lucky you are on a nice warm cruise!  This morning, it's clear, crisp and sunny.  But, at 8am, it was only -9F!!!  A good day to be inside at work.

I changed the laces in my new OluKai shoes.  I thought they looked too much like Boat Shoes with the off-white laces.  I had a pair of flowered laces from my old hippie lady store laying around so I put them on.  LOVE IT!  And they matched the socks I had on (from the old hippie lady store).  If anyone is looking for a waterproof leather casual shoe, definitely look into the OluKai Wao!!  So, very comfortable!!  

OOTD:  jeans, my red Nordic sweater, my OluKai shoes.  Red Patagonia jacket.  

F8glzNpmQMGdZybY6vEvGw.jpg

tzDtrqZFQoOQHsZjzqmpxg.jpg

• Like 2

I have been running around trying to get holiday errands/shopping done. Trying to get to TJ's for a few things later today. I had to spend most of the afternoon yesterday at the Volvo dealer getting my car serviced. Traffic was terrible, I guess a lot of folks were trying to get out of town yesterday for the holidays.

It has been typical weather for this time of year -- nothing like the temps some are getting. But it is supposed to get much colder at the end of this week.

Kat, your Olukais look very cute with the new laces. I just got some blue metallic suede Cole Haan platform sneakers and they are great with jeans to look at little festive while errand-running... 

image.thumb.png.1583869a3dc13f935997c36da75497cb.png

• Like 1

Hi Everyone,

Finally, all the Christmas prep is done and we are ready for the kids to arrive on Monday. Will grocery shop tomorrow and then rest up so I can keep up with our GD and all the activities her parents have planned. 

Lois, good on you for finding that helpful insurance agent. It is a big relief when you get everything arranged. You can go on your cruise and not worry about which plan to choose,

Kat, love those shoe laces. They really jazz up a pair of shoes! Your drive to and from work sounds like a white knuckle experience.  Good to know that you have the option to stay over if things are really bad. So sad about the girl who died. I feel so bad for her family.

Cynthia, you mentioned recently buying a new laptop and I wonder if you were as confused as I was by  the ports and the required cables and adapters. I ended up calling Apple and the rep walked me thru’ what I need to purchase. I bought an iMac which comes with a wireless keyboard and mouse. Apple doesn’t include the cable needed to charge them! Fortunately it is the same cable that my iPhone and iPad uses but otherwise it would be an additional cost. I did have to buy a USB3 to USB adapter. Honestly, I’m still confused! 

I hope zMelody and Sherri are enjoying their cruises. 

Fog started rolling in around 4pm. It’s going to be a bad night for those on the road.

Take care all and stay well, seems like there are nightly reports about all the viruses circulation now:(

Sharon

Edited by purduemom1
  • Like 1

Good morning to everyone!  We got home yesterday morning and I spent the day doing laundry, grocery shopping and making the batter for my famous Christmas cookies!😂.  We had a good cruise, lovely weather in all of the islands and just a relaxing experience, especially when compared to our river cruise which was go go go!  

You all sound as if you have been very busy!  Lois, glad you got your insurance all figured out!  Cynthia, congrats on getting a new laptop, this is something I need to start thinking about and shopping for one is, for me, on the same level as shopping for a new car and going to the dentist! 

Kat, the description of you driving adventures reminds me why we decided to make the move down here, no more snow and ice!  Sharon, I know you are excited to have GD and family visit for the holidays and will have fun! 

Melissa, I hope you are doing well and enjoy the holidays.  How is your cruise planning going? 

So busy week next week!  We are planning to drive up to VA on Thursday, spend Christmas Eve with our oldest son, then drive up to northern VA  Christmas Day to spend a few days or more with our youngest son.  I have to bake and decorate the cookies, make a few other things to take, wrap the presents, and pack the suitcases again, only this time with WINTER clothes.  Not looking forward to the 12 hour drive but very excited to see the grands, especially the two in northern VA as we have not spent anytime with them since July.  

OOTD: We are getting some last minute gifts (Total Wine) to take so I will put a little makeup on along with denim capris and a Gap tshirt.  Do I ever wear anything else?😂. And flip flops!   For the trip to VA I will switch to jeans with long sleeved Gap ts, and the Skechers I bought for the river cruise. And I will pull out the heavy winter coat, parka style with hood, that I will throw in the car and probably never wear.  Usually, I just wear my Burton hoodie when we are up north. 

Have a great week!

Sherri🙂

• Like 2

Melody - Nice meeting you on the cruise. First time I met someone from CC. The weather was OK in Aruba and Labadee but there was some rain in the morning in Curacao. The skies cleared but it was overcast. Some of the sea days were windy and overcast. A lot of empty loungers by the pool. Overall, a nice cruise. 

• Like 1

Another bluebird day and warmer, 19 degrees.  Even my cranky owner hugged me today and said the snow was good (he's a very advanced particular skiier).  Saw some of my owners back again today, so it's a fun day.   BUT, yesterday was the official start of Crazy Season here at the condos!!  Only 4 arrivals, none mine, but they all showed up with 15 minutes of each other, massive families, screaming kids and none knew what to do to get into their units (different property managers).  Since no one from their companies were around, they'd bombard me with questions and get a little snotty.  Hey - they are lucky I decided to help them all, as I am not required to lift a finger for them!

I'm thinking I may have to go a mini work clothes spree here.  I'm bored with what I've worn the last 4 years.  It's a fine line for shirts/sweaters, as I can get hot if I'm running around alot or hauling luggage.  Maybe another sweater vest or two.  I've got plenty of Ts to wear with them.  Enough leggings, jeans and pants to wear so not worried about them.  And, I'm set for shoes.  

OOTD:  jeans, blue/white stripe long sleeve 1/2 button shirt, my Sundance menswear button vest (Not a sweater vest, but like a suit vest), my OluKai shoes.  

On 12/17/2022 at 8:29 PM, purduemom1 said:

Cynthia, you mentioned recently buying a new laptop and I wonder if you were as confused as I was by  the ports and the required cables and adapters. I ended up calling Apple and the rep walked me thru’ what I need to purchase. I bought an iMac which comes with a wireless keyboard and mouse. Apple doesn’t include the cable needed to charge them! Fortunately it is the same cable that my iPhone and iPad uses but otherwise it would be an additional cost. I did have to buy a USB3 to USB adapter. Honestly, I’m still confused! 

11 hours ago, sjb317 said:

Cynthia, congrats on getting a new laptop, this is something I need to start thinking about and shopping for one is, for me, on the same level as shopping for a new car and going to the dentist! 

Apple owns me, and I have had "incremental" exposures to their latest design evolution (I say that somewhat ironically) with regard to ports and chargers. Honestly, for what I consider a premium product, they do like to nickel and dime us in some areas. 

I've had my ups and downs with the new laptop process. The first one I got was larger than my previous but did have a lot more -- and different -- ports, which I liked. However, I got concerned over the size and heaviness and decided it would be "no bueno" for travel. So then I went back to the drawing board and got a MacBook Air that is the same size as my old MacBook Pro -- and is slightly lighter.  Just as I was starting to set it up (in fairness, my son was helping, lol), we realized that the new laptop wasn't holding a wifi signal -- it would go on and off about every 10-15 seconds, which was obviously a defect. 

So for now I have also returned that one and now I am waiting til after the holidays to venture into the laptop market again.  I agree that it's pretty low on my list of favorite things to do!

On 12/9/2022 at 6:34 AM, WELDON said:

Melody,  I am also on this cruise. I'm on Florida for the winter so just have to get to the port. Packing today and finishing last minute stuff. 

It was so nice meeting you on board!!

On 12/12/2022 at 4:55 PM, Lois R said:

Hi Kat🙂, I think it will be......at least I have some peace of mind now that someone who is in the industry knows what they are doing.  He told me Florida has a LOT of choices (plans) and I should know much more are on Wednesday.

The weather here was about 62 today with no sun at all. What we call "UGLY" outside.

Glad you’re feeling comfy with this insurance agent. Having the right healthcare is so important. Melody

On 12/12/2022 at 7:13 PM, slidergirl said:

Really bad news at work today.  2 nights ago, some 20-somethings were out sledding behind our condos on the ski run.  One girl crashed into on of the lift towers.  The Fire Dept had to Med Flight her down to Salt Lake for skull injury - she unfortunately didn't survive.  She wasn't staying at our condos, but there are 4 other buildings around the ski run we are on.  Sad.  It happened 2 hours after I left for the night.  

The new OluKai shoes were very comfy all afternoon.  And, the snow dumped all day long.  Fortunately, it stopped and things were decently plowed so it wasn't a bad drive home.

Terrible news Kat

23 hours ago, WELDON said:

Melody - Nice meeting you on the cruise. First time I met someone from CC. The weather was OK in Aruba and Labadee but there was some rain in the morning in Curacao. The skies cleared but it was overcast. Some of the sea days were windy and overcast. A lot of empty loungers by the pool. Overall, a nice cruise. 

We had a great time with 9 other family members. Wish we’d had more time to chat. Family kept me crazy busy. We had a great cave experience in Aruba, shopped in Curacao (I was happy for the clouds) & relaxed in Labadee. Melody

Edited by awhfy

Good morning......welcome back Melody and Weldon (I don't know your first name). 

Glad you had a good cruise🙂.  I sail again on Jan 5th........flying to Ft. Lauderdale on the 4th.