for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

20 hours ago, slidergirl said:

Cynthia- congratulations on retirement!!!

I think I’m the oldest here (69) but I just can’t give up working totally. 

have to run down to the valley today.  It’s sunny and not snowing so I should be good.  Have to stop at REI to pick up waterproofing because no one had it up here.  And I think I am going to buy an iPad  to upgrade my 2015 one and have something bigger than this phone to type and read on.  

OOTD:  jeans, long sleeve T, my Merrill Chameleons.  

I’m 72 & loving retirement

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi Kat, I didn't realize you sail this weekend, you do?  I hope you have a wonderful time🙂

Thanks Lois.  I’m sitting in the Hyatt Regency downtown SLC (love that new hotel smell).  With the weird weather and the intermittent landslides on the Interstate the past 2 weeks, I decided to be cautious and stay here.  My Flight is at 11am, so I wanted to keep away from the rush hour traffic, too.

I think I overpacked.  I’m going to go through my bag again and remove some stuff.  I’ll just keep it in my car.  

I’m using the keyboard on my iPad now.  It’s pretty nice.  I can actually touch type, not the one-finger “peck” on my iPhone.  

OOTD:  the Ralph Lauren jeans I got from my nice owner, Smokey Bear T-shirt, jean jacket and my Chameleons.  

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, slidergirl said:

Thanks Lois.  I’m sitting in the Hyatt Regency downtown SLC (love that new hotel smell).  With the weird weather and the intermittent landslides on the Interstate the past 2 weeks, I decided to be cautious and stay here.  My Flight is at 11am, so I wanted to keep away from the rush hour traffic, too.

I think I overpacked.  I’m going to go through my bag again and remove some stuff.  I’ll just keep it in my car.  

I’m using the keyboard on my iPad now.  It’s pretty nice.  I can actually touch type, not the one-finger “peck” on my iPhone.  

OOTD:  the Ralph Lauren jeans I got from my nice owner, Smokey Bear T-shirt, jean jacket and my Chameleons.  

Happy travels -- relax and enjoy!

• Like 1

Kat, I hope you have a wonderful cruise!

Cynthia, welcome home and happy retirement!  I’ve enjoyed the pictures you have posted from your trip.  

Sherri🙂

Edited by sjb317
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi girls, most of ya'll probably know I went on Medicare last month. I had my first Dr's appointment last month too (on this new plan)........not sure why I thought Medicare would cover the appt and the lab work. I have recently received 2 invoices........now, they did cover a portion of the bills but I guess I didn't realize I would still owe money....such is life. 

52 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi girls, most of ya'll probably know I went on Medicare last month. I had my first Dr's appointment last month too (on this new plan)........not sure why I thought Medicare would cover the appt and the lab work. I have recently received 2 invoices........now, they did cover a portion of the bills but I guess I didn't realize I would still owe money....such is life. 

Did you get a Medicare supplement plan in addition to your regular Medicare? The supplement or “Medigap” plan pays the 20% that Medicare doesn’t pay. If you have the supplement plan, it’s possible that the dr’s office sent you the invoice before the supplement plan has paid him. Call the dr’s office before you pay the bill.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Riverroad said:

Did you get a Medicare supplement plan in addition to your regular Medicare? The supplement or “Medigap” plan pays the 20% that Medicare doesn’t pay. If you have the supplement plan, it’s possible that the dr’s office sent you the invoice before the supplement plan has paid him. Call the dr’s office before you pay the bill.

Hi, yes, I have a supplemental plan too......Mutual of Omaha. I already paid the first bill though.......it was only 95.00 and I thought that was the whole thing and paid it. Now I am getting another bill. I will call the Drs office on Monday.  Thanks for the help.

Welcome home, Cynthia! I enjoyed all the pics that you posted. Thanks for sharing.  Congratulations on your upcoming retirement. 

Kat, hoping you see this before sailing. Wishing you many exciting adventures.

Lois, I believe that doctors who are contracted with Medicare and most are, can’t balance bill unless they have informed you ahead of time and you agree. I also believe that includes other medical providers. If that isn’t correct, perhaps another poster will comment or you could check with the Medicare. Good luck! 

Spring here is quickly turning into summer and I’m determined to get going on projects that have been on the list for a long. Getting estimates on some new window coverings, working on the yard and patio, still working on clearing out old files and that is now urgent as there is a free shred day in 3 weeks. And so it goes!

Wishing all a good week end.

Sharon

• Like 1

I’m on the Eurodam now.  Seattle had it’s first warm and beautiful today, according to the guys at the wine store.  It made for a nice day to walk around.  BUT, with people getting off/on the Norwegian Bliss and Eurodam people, it made for a crowded waterfront and Pike Place Market.  I stayed on the other side of the street from the Market to go to the wine store. Up the hill I wanted to go to Biscuit Bitches for breakfast but the wait was 45 minutes.  Nope!  Settled for a fresh-from-the-oven almond croissant  and an excellent cafe latte at Le Panier.  

Boarding was relatively fast - about 40 minutes from dropoff by Uber to in my cabin.  The security check did not care that I brought 2 bottles of wine with me, actually no one cared.  So the $20/bottle was “waived”.  My cabin the the last balcony on the 5th before the aft cabins.  I thought this would be a good spot.  I put on my headphones and sat out there from about 2:30 until 6pm.  Listened to Bobby McFerrin with Chick Corea and then with YoYo Ma.  Really esoteric stuff, but I love it.  It was soooo relaxing!  

The ship is pretty underwhelming.  I didn’t remember it being so bland and dark.  The Lido was not a really pleasant place to eat, esthetics-wise.  But my salad with seared tuna and a nice chuck of salmon added to it was a nice dinner.  Might be my go-to.  I went at 8pm and it was pretty well empty.  Came back to the room to have some wine and catch up on the ‘net.   The guys at the Wine Shop steered me to a nice Italian Rosso for $15 when I said I wanted an Italian but under $30.  Sipping it now and it is a nice mellow sipper.  The other is a Rosè that i picked up at a  store across from the Market called, I think, Kitchen and More.  Yuppie food, grab & go stuff, and some cute bottles.   I’ll have that one the last half of my cruise.

That’s all.  OOTD:  jeans, pink & white striped short sleeve T, Chameleons.  

• Like 2

On 4/29/2023 at 7:57 AM, Lois R said:

Medicare covers 80%. You still need a supplemental policy to cover the other 20%. I highly recommend getting a supplement. There are many out there, some don’t charge anything. AARP, Kaiser, BC/BS 

3 minutes ago, awhfy said:

Medicare covers 80%. You still need a supplemental policy to cover the other 20%. I highly recommend getting a supplement. There are many out there, some don’t charge anything. AARP, Kaiser, BC/BS 

Hi Melody, I have a supplemental policy.........Mutual of Omaha. I bought the supplement when I was getting my Medicare policy. I will call the Dr tomorrow.  I am looking at the breakdown of the bill on line.......it has a list.......the original charge says 323.00 and then it says insurance paid 195.95 with a balance due of 127.05. 

It actually states "Primary Payer" Medicare and Secondary Payer "Mutual of Omaha". 

80% of 323.00 is 258.40........if you deduct that It would only come to 64.60.......not sure why I would owe 127.05.  Like I said, I do have a supplement so I will follow up on this tomorrow.

25 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi Melody, I have a supplemental policy.........Mutual of Omaha. I bought the supplement when I was getting my Medicare policy. I will call the Dr tomorrow.  I am looking at the breakdown of the bill on line.......it has a list.......the original charge says 323.00 and then it says insurance paid 195.95 with a balance due of 127.05. 

It actually states "Primary Payer" Medicare and Secondary Payer "Mutual of Omaha". 

80% of 323.00 is 258.40........if you deduct that It would only come to 64.60.......not sure why I would owe 127.05.  Like I said, I do have a supplement so I will follow up on this tomorrow.

Don’t pay anything until you get your supplemental insurance payment. A lot of time payment adjustments are made after initial billing. Also some docs don’t take some of the supplemental insurance policies. It’s nuts, you have to be very cognizant of everything. 

Thanks for the help. Too late for me on the first one though. I paid 98.00 last week but I won't pay anything else. I will still call the Doc tomorrow.

• Like 1

Day 2 at sea.  After a hot and sunny day yesterday it’s cold and foggy with rolly polly water.  But that’s OK.  I’m just hanging out, more music and maybe some reading.

Breakfast at the buffet was typical stuff.  Got a nice little mixture of fruit, nuts and granola for my yogurt.  As usual at a buffet, there were people who filled up their plates like it was their last meal on Earth.  Never understood that one.  
Two pics: yesterday on my balcony and today.  No food worthy of a pic.
OOTD: Free People hiking pants, REI hoodie long sleeve shirt,  and the Chameleon.  

IMG_2165.jpeg

IMG_2163.jpeg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MrToblerone said:

Those two pictures do tell a story Kat.

I hope you get more blue skies .

Those buffets ! Haha some people really do get carried away .

Actually got about 2 hours of mostly sun this afternoon.  Put on my Patagonia jacket and did a little basking while listening to Sting.  Laziness at my best!

• Like 1

Good morning friends.  I just got off the phone with the Dr's office. First, one of the bills (the one I actually paid) was not even for a visit........I had to call the Dr to get the lab results and he spoke with me for all of 5-7 minutes. .I had no idea there was a charge for that phone call😮 well, the woman who helped me was really nice and said I should have been made aware of a charge.....but since I was not? She is going to see about crediting me back for that......but then we discussed this new charge (which was for the actual office visit). And I didn't realize (or had forgotten) that even on Medicare there is a small deductible which I have not met.  I told her to take that first payment and instead of crediting me back just apply it to the 127.05 and I will only owe 28.10.  She told me not to pay anything else at this point and they will send me a new notice.   So, the 98.95 was for a charge I didn't know about and the rest is because of the deductible.  I am guessing this all makes sense..........maybe. LOL.....I am not sending them any more $ right now though.  Oh, she told me the deductible is 225.00 for the whole year......that is VERY low as compared to commercial insurance, that is for sure!

• Like 1

Me again, I called the guy who helped me so much when setting up my Medicare accounts and yes, there is a small deductible that needs to be met. I set up an account with mymedicare.com  and can see my claims......I forgot I had to see my Kidney Dr in March too.....that claim is on there too.......

So going forward it looks like my deductible will be met for the rest of the year. And he told me, the supplemental plan doesn't pay until Medicare pays their part first.........this stuff can sure get comeplicated.

• Like 1

Hi from cold and very cloudy Juneau!   It is 40-43 degrees today.  Called for rain, but it has held off so far.  I’m back on the boat so it can rain all it wants.  We got into Juneau 2.5  hours early.  Captain said there was a medical issue onboard last evening and US and Canadian authorities decided the best thing was to haul it to Juneau and off board the guest there.  

I had nothing planned today but to wander around.  That didn’t take too long!  I stopped off at Dockside Daves for fish tacos (1 halibut, 1 salmon) and got an EXCELLENT A-Papa Sour from Devils Club Brewing.  The two of the paired up to make a little open air Biergarten  to sit, sip, and eat.   Worth the port stop.    Wandering over, I sat at the dock and people watched for awhile.   So many different styles of clothes on people!!  One lady had on a full-length fur coat - I’m pretty sure it wasn’t faux.  I did get some comments from women that they liked my Chameleons.  The tie dye does brighten up the yucky day.   One funny thing coming into port - the container port had a bunch of busses sitting on top of containers - first time I’ve ever seen that.  I guess when there is no road into Juneau you have to get those tourist busses here somehow.  Quite a good number of stores were closed - either not ready for the season or gone for good.  Was not prepared for the plethora of diamond, tanzanite, whatever other stone stores there were!  

OOTD:  jeans, long sleeve T, my Cotopaxi hybrid vest, Patagonia down sweater, Chameleons.  Nice and comfy and not too hot not too cold.  Didn’t need gloves or toque.   On another note - my hair is now grown out enough that I can put it in pigtails again!   For awhile there, post-COVID, there wasn’t enough to make it worthwhile to put into 2 tails as there was barely enough for 1 scrawny pony.  

• Like 1