for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

10 minutes ago, awhfy said:

Lois, did they give you Dexilant?  Wickedly expensive & worth every single penny. Congratulations on the wright loss 

Hi Melody, no it was not that medicine

One is Protonix (that is the short name for it) and the other is called sucralfate. Both cost me zero. The only really funky thing is one I have to take 4 times a day. And it says an hour before each meal and bed time. The other is 1/2 hour before breakfast and dinner. I don't even always eat at the same time every day.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, awhfy said:

I hated Protonix & sucralfate; they tried that for awhile. Then went to the Dexilant that’s once a day & worked immediately. Hope you do well with them

You hated them? Ouch.......did you have side effects? And I didn't realize you had an ulcer in the past as well.  The Protonix is just a little pill........easy peasy. The other one? That is BIGGER😲

• Like 1

On 8/10/2022 at 10:52 AM, slidergirl said:

p.s. Cynthia - if you need a hotel in Bordeaux, I will recommend where I stayed - the Hotel de Tourny.  nice litle place, the single room was rather spacious, a more modern/clean decor that I'm used to and a helpful front desk staff.  The location was perfect and I could walk everyplace from there.  

Thanks -- yes, I haven't scoped out a place yet in Bordeaux but I definitely plan to spend a few days there before or after the river cruise. I'll check this one out for sure.

Lois, I am so sorry to read about your health problems, hopefully, the meds will give this ulcer a chance to heal and you will have no more problems!  .  My area of “expertise” in nursing was maternal child, we did quite a few iron infusions for patients who experienced a significant drop in hemoglobin due to blood loss.  I’m surprised you were not having any symptoms of anemia as you must have had a large drop to qualify for an iron infusion.  Sounds like you and your doctors are on top of everything!

Sharon, thanks for the info, we will look into this.  Call us crazy, but we decided to change our cruise from July, 2023 to October, 2022😳.   Saved a substantial amount and got a better cabin.  This was my husband’s idea so I told him if we switched, he would have  do all the planning as I am busy with designers, builders, etc.  

Kitchen is still moving slower than I would like but we do have drywall now!  

Sherri🙂

• Like 2

First full day in Minneapolis and the weather was beautiful! Not hot or humid. We did outdoor stuff with our granddaughter-visited a nature center that is set us especially for children and then a park. Then had dinner outdoors. DS and DIL enjoying a night out attending Fringe performances. Tomorrow night is our turn. Our daughter also arrives tomorrow night for a few days  Unfortunately, not  expecting this weather to continue for our entire stay. 

The flight was uneventful, we arrived early and no issues with luggage. All flights should be so easy. 

Lois, I hope the new meds are successful and you can enjoy all aspects of your cruise. That’s a nice weight loss. Does this mean that you will be shopping for some new clothing for the cruise?

Sherri, wow, October will be here before you know it. You should have nice fall weather to enjoy.

Sharon

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Lois R said:

You hated them? Ouch.......did you have side effects? And I didn't realize you had an ulcer in the past as well.  The Protonix is just a little pill........easy peasy. The other one? That is BIGGER😲

Protonix wasn’t too bad (did nothing for me). Sucralafate made me horribly nauseated. I had the ulcer & hiatal & ventral wall hernias. 

Good morning, Sharon, no new clothing for the trip.  I think some of the stuff I own might still fit ok......the jeans (for example) actually might have been too tight so now they may fit correctly🙂

Will try some things on over the weekend.  The only part of these meds that are a pain is the timing😲.I have to try to stay on the proper schedule. It is pretty easy to do here at home......lets see how it goes on the ship.  I will do the best I can.......and these pills are only for a month.......just happens the cruise is in the middle of that 30 days.

• Like 1

I should have also said, Sharon, have fun with the family! And Sherri, hope the kitchen stuff goes more smoothly for you.........I read both posts..........should have replied sooner.

• Like 1

On 8/11/2022 at 8:25 PM, sjb317 said:

Call us crazy, but we decided to change our cruise from July, 2023 to October, 2022😳.   Saved a substantial amount and got a better cabin.  This was my husband’s idea so I told him if we switched, he would have  do all the planning as I am busy with designers, builders, etc.  

Wow, lots going on!!!

What ship will you be on and where are you sailing?

On 8/13/2022 at 12:25 AM, cruisemom42 said:

Wow, lots going on!!!

What ship will you be on and where are you sailing?

We are sailing on Viking’s Magni from Budapest to Amsterdam in October.  Planning to spend a few days in Budapest which I am excited about.  

Good news about the kitchen, they should be able to start installing cabinets late next week!

OOTD:  Gym clothes!

Sherri🙂

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, sjb317 said:

We are sailing on Viking’s Magni from Budapest to Amsterdam in October.  Planning to spend a few days in Budapest which I am excited about.  

Good news about the kitchen, they should be able to start installing cabinets late next week!

OOTD:  Gym clothes!

Sherri🙂

Hi Sherri, great news about the cabinets😀

I had about 2 hours worth of errands to run yesterday -- at least the weather was slightly less scorching and much less humid. 

As a reward I stopped by Trader Joe's. I finally was able to find the chicken, lemon and arugula salad, yay. Also got some curried chicken salad (great in a pita or wrap) and some Mediterranean orzo salad. I just read in the Fearless Flyer that their tamales are good so I got a couple to try. The felafel and tzatziki were good enough that I got them again. 

While looking to stock up on some favorite condiments, I found a new one to try (also in the latest FF): Salsa de Cacahuate -- a salsa made with guajillo chiles and ground peanuts. Sounded intriguing. 

No bamba. 😱. I did treat myself to some of the mini orange cranberry scones though. Just had two for breakfast, slightly warmed in the microwave and with real Irish butter.  Mmmm....

• Like 2

Hi girls, well, Sharon if you are peaking in here.......I know I said I was not going to buy anything new but I lied LOL.......I went over to Nordstrom Rack this morning and they have so many, many bottom choices,  Jeans of all sizes and colors.......regular pants, etc....etc....etc............anyway, I am big fan of the brand "Democracy" the jeans and pants all fit me really well. Found a pair of black ones......they are ponte knit with a small cuff at the bottom. They can really work well for this trip.....daytime or evening.

They have a really good hand to them......not too heavy but substantial. And yes, pockets🙂 I also found a pullover, lightweight sweater that is VERY, VERY, VERY soft🙂.....not cashmere by any means, but omg........feels so good on the body.  And I thought I had a pair of shoes for daytime but found a pair of BZees.......VERY comfortable. Decided to buy them too.  Melody, I know I posted on that shoe thread to you.........that I found an old pair of Earth Origins in my closet......but these BZees are aweome!

This is my 2nd pair of this brand😃

• Like 1

Greetings from coolish and not humid Minneapolis. Having a really good time. Honestly my 17 mo GD is busy every waking minute and keeping up with her is giving us a good workout! Maybe might even drop a few lbs?  If so maybe I might find some great things at Nordstrom Rack too?

Lois, you found some great purchases! Really good choices for your upcoming itinerary. Our store always seems messy and disorganized so it’s not usually my first choice to shop for clothes. However, I am going to check out Democracy. I know you have mentioned that brand before and that you really like them. So time to take a look for myself. Like the shoes too because they look comfy. 

Sherri, good to hear that your new kitchen is progressing.

Cynthia, thanks for the reminder about the Orzo salad and the burritos. Going to look for them next TJ trip. 

Kat must be having a great time on her GF trip. Hope flights went ok for her. 

OOTD. Ankle pants and very light tee. May have to add a jacket when we go to dinner. 

5 hours ago, purduemom1 said:

Cynthia, thanks for the reminder about the Orzo salad and the burritos. Going to look for them next TJ trip. 

OMG, I had the chicken lemon and arugula salad for dinner last night and it was sooooo good. Best salad I've ever gotten from TJs. Of course, I love arugula. And it was probably helpful that I arrived just as the guy was restocking them, so it was very fresh. But still -- a real WINNER!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

OMG, I had the chicken lemon and arugula salad for dinner last night and it was sooooo good. Best salad I've ever gotten from TJs. Of course, I love arugula. And it was probably helpful that I arrived just as the guy was restocking them, so it was very fresh. But still -- a real WINNER!

Sounds really good......is the lemon chicken a prepared item they sell? 

6 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Sounds really good......is the lemon chicken a prepared item they sell? 

Not sure, I haven't looked for it. The chicken in the salad is not that flavorful by itself, but the Israeli couscous, peppery arugula and the dressing give it a lot of punch.

5 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

Not sure, I haven't looked for it. The chicken in the salad is not that flavorful by itself, but the Israeli couscous, peppery arugula and the dressing give it a lot of punch.

Ohhhh..ok, the chicken is in the Arugala?