Volendam in Ft Lauderdale Friday, March 20

Krazy Kruizers

16 hours ago, iflyrc5 said:

I am currently on the Volendam.  About 2 hours ago on our way to FLL we passed 10 ships at anchor with lights on.

Did you get any pictures?

Thanks KK, I hope to be here for sailaway.

Looks like the jetway is not attached?

Edited by Vict0riann

See that big catamaran ferry Jaume II (Spanish-owned Balearia Eurolineas Maritimas) at the stern of Silver Wind? You never see her there so looks like she's halted business also on her daily runs to Grand Bahama and Bimini 

1285923.jpg

As I sit here looking out at the 3 or 4 feet of snow in our back yard, I'm just going to imagine I'm on the Volendam, getting ready to sail away.  I have a glass of wine in my hand as I do for every time we cruise, so "Cheers everyone"!  Social distancing can sure put a crimp in your glass clinking!  LOL

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

• Like 2

Just now, ger_77 said:

As I sit here looking out at the 3 or 4 feet of snow in our back yard, I'm just going to imagine I'm on the Volendam, getting ready to sail away.  I have a glass of wine in my hand as I do for every time we cruise, so "Cheers everyone"!  Social distancing can sure put a crimp in your glass clinking!  LOL

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

I actually do have a glass of bubbly right now so Cheers!!! Since we were supposed to be cruising this week, hubbie and I are staycationing. Just switched over to the sailaway from enjoying the cruise ship balcony view loop on YouTube. Gotta keep spirits up. 

Edited by fatcat04
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, ger_77 said:

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

But you are enjoying the wine without either paying a corkage fee. Here's to that.

Edited by Wehwalt
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ger_77 said:

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

🍷🥂

• Like 1