Cancelled by NCL, but just got email about a FCC?

vinotinto

My family was on the Getaway cruise for April 5 that was cancelled. I did *not* cancel and did *not* take the Peace of Mind offer and did *not* request FCC.

I just received an email saying they have issued a FCC. I don’t want a FCC. I was just waiting for their refund form to appear, as promised, on March 23. Email does not say anything about the refund option.

Anyone else in the cancelled March/April cruises received this? I certainly hope they are not backing away from a refund.

Edited by vinotinto

I don’t think anything has changed as far as options go. I think they are being a little shady not mentioning it in these emails but I’m fairly certain that you can still get a cash refund.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

Yup. Just got it.  Same exact situation.  I wonder if they just updated everyone to FCC, and then will cancel those as they issue refunds.  I think this whole situation has to be grueling for their staff, and am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt and wait and see if the refund request form is available on Monday. 

• Like 2

yes me too, was suppose to leave 3/18

Now that i think about it, it might just be something they have to do to get it positioned in their system.  like from an active reservation to an FCC credit. 

This way, anyone who fills a form out, will get refunded, but if the form is not filled out then you get the credit the they already setup by default.

This is just a guess as I am an IT professional, its not unusual for a system to do something like this.

Guess we will find out tomorrow if they post a form.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Aliciamay22 said:

I don’t think anything has changed as far as options go. I think they are being a little shady not mentioning it in these emails but I’m fairly certain that you can still get a cash refund.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Well, we will all know better on 23 March, won't we?

On the same topic, to the OP, is your "amount" matching up to your original Vacation Summary?  ('cause ours is a little 'off').  Yes, we don't get the Travel Protection credited or refunded, and yes, the Add-Ons are being refunded to the original form of payment.  What about PrePaid gratuities<?>

Edited by JDBRANDT17042

On the same topic, to the OP, is your "amount" matching up to your original Vacation Summary?  ('cause ours is a little 'off').  Yes, we don't get the Travel Protection credited or refunded, and yes, the Add-Ons are being refunded to the original form of payment.  What about PrePaid gratuities>

Where did you see add ons are being refunded? And does that include shore excursions?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I just received an email about my $710 dollar cruise credit plus the 25%.  BUT, I paid over $1400 including port charges, prepaid gratuities, spa package.  Do I lose all of my extras even though they canceled??  I didn't cancel, they did.  I was supposed to leave tomorrow.

9 minutes ago, amyben40 said:

I just received an email about my $710 dollar cruise credit plus the 25%.  BUT, I paid over $1400 including port charges, prepaid gratuities, spa package.  Do I lose all of my extras even though they canceled??  I didn't cancel, they did.  I was supposed to leave tomorrow.

That, is the very good question.

Mine was definitely not the exact amount I paid for the cruise.  Even without the spa package and prepaid gratuities, I paid $1052.  My credit is $710 plus the 25%.  I already lost my airfare, I really don't want to lose any more.  

I just checked the Peace of Mind link and prepaid gratuities should have been included in my cruise credit which would raise the amount paid to over $1200.  Spa Packages aren't listed on either the cruise credit or automatic refund list.  

Edited by amyben40

23 minutes ago, erin21497 said:

Where did you see add ons are being refunded? And does that include shore excursions?

It was at the end of the email:   Please note that any amenities purchased including soda and water packages, bon voyage gifts, internet packages, photo purchases, air deviation charges and any beverage and/or dining outside of our Free At Sea promotion will be refunded to the original form of payment.For more information visit www.ncl.com/FAQ.

My refund was different than my husbands. His added the total for the few minor add-ons that we had - specialty dining grats/shore excursion. They were not divided evenly between us.

25 minutes ago, JDBRANDT17042 said:

On the same topic, to the OP, is your "amount" matching up to your original Vacation Summary?  ('cause ours is a little 'off').  Yes, we don't get the Travel Protection credited or refunded, and yes, the Add-Ons are being refunded to the original form of payment.  What about PrePaid gratuities<?>

My amount matches perfectly. I received an email for each person in my reservation. I upgraded the free 250 minute package to the unlimited package and it includes that under my email.

The extra FCC bonus is tempting. I know I want to cruise NCL again. The problem is we don't cruise often enough. Our last cruise was 4 years ago. We already have a bunch of travel plans, and with the uncertainty over the summer, there's a good possibility we would not get to use the credit by 2021. But, the FCC is tempting enough that I will look around at cruises tomorrow. I just want to make sure I have the option to cancel.

I just got off the phone with NCL agent regarding email of FCC and was advised that refunds may be claimed as indicated in cancellation email on March 23. As of now if you do nothing your account will hold the FCC. On 3/23 the Travel Alert link on NCL.com regarding Corona Virus will have an attached form to request the refund. It is not attached yet.  I would've been on Sun 4/3 but am looking for refund as my son and his friend will be off to college by the time we plan to sail again. 

• Like 2

Thanks everyone.  My husband also got an email so together we have 1420.  Perfect.  Sorry for the panic!!  I am calm now....  Except tomorrow I should have been boarding my cruise and I'm soooo sad......

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, grichards71 said:

I just got off the phone with NCL agent regarding email of FCC and was advised that refunds may be claimed as indicated in cancellation email on March 23. As of now if you do nothing your account will hold the FCC. On 3/23 the Travel Alert link on NCL.com regarding Corona Virus will have an attached form to request the refund. It is not attached yet.  I would've been on Sun 4/3 but am looking for refund as my son and his friend will be off to college by the time we plan to sail again. 

Thank you for calling and reporting back. 

44 minutes ago, erin21497 said:

My prepaid gratuity was divided between me and my husband  and added to our FCC. I will be filling out for form on Monday for return of money to CC. Not sure how this is going to work he paid for cruise and I paid for tips. 

Edited by MARK1970
Missing info