Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

21 minutes ago, Coralc said:

That's nice! I actually like Jewel better than Serenade. At least our last Serenade cruise. They were remodeling while we were in our cabin. :classic_rolleyes: First, they were going to "fix" the sink. There was nothing to fix, they replaced it and we had to smell adhesive and solvents all night. The next day they asked us to be out of the stateroom by 8AM so they could work on the shower. We said, No. The next morning at 8AM, they started jackhammering in the cabins on either side of us. We called to complain. They said they had asked us to be out. It was a sea day, BTW. 

The Loyalty Ambassador happened to call that morning. She asked what all the noise was? I said they are remodeling. She was a little shocked that they were doing it while we were there. :classic_smile:

That’s terrible. Why was it so urgent that they had to do it when you were there?

1 minute ago, ReneeFLL said:

That’s terrible. Why was it so urgent that they had to do it when you were there?

I don't know. We have never encountered such a thing before. It was an 11-night cruise. We were kind of annoyed with several things on that cruise. But the remodeling was not something we expected on a cruise vacation. :classic_rolleyes:

We have 14 nights booked on Serenade in March, so like all cruises, I 'm sure it will be different, and hopefully better. :classic_smile:

• Like 3

8 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Thanks for the explanation,Graham.I am feeling better but I am going to my Cardiologist Monday morning to check things out.I wanted to go today but my doctor was not in and I did not want to go to somebody else in the practice.If I was still not feeling well this morning I would have gone today.

Take care Lenny.

Pauline and I send you our prayers 🙏 and very best wishes for your good health and a successful outcome with your Cardiologist meeting on Monday.

Graham.

• Like 1

Good morning.

It is currently sunny and 60°F.

Reading the P&O threads yesterday it was reported up to 500 people were in covid quarantine Lockdown on the latest P&O Arcadia cruise.

Take care and have a lovely weekend friends.

Graham.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

By the time we had finished looking at the orchids, it was very hot & humid so we walked back to the apartment.  I then headed off to Orchard Rd shops to buy us lunch and buy dad a pool noodle so he could do his aerobic exercise in the pool.  Fortunately there was a Toys r us selling noodles so mission accomplished.

• Like 1

Taxis are inexpensive in Singapore and they were always available at our apartment complex.  The next day we caught a taxi from our apartment to the Battlebox Museum at Fort Canning.  Dad had no idea what I was taking him to.  It is a underground bunker that was the command headquarters of the Malaya campaign during WWII.  It was where Singapore surrendered to the Japanese in 1942.  The guided tour was fascinating.  Dad was pleased I booked it.A10C1285-2A1C-47C4-AA11-9C64F716B484.thumb.jpeg.4f689983fa8b223bbb5ebaa6e2329361.jpeg

• Like 15

We caught the monorail around the island.  There was a lady in the carriage with us holding a dragon boat paddle so dad was delighted to have a chat to her about dragon boating.  After visiting a beach that dad had been to with mum, we caught the monorail back off the island.EC321D86-72D6-41CB-B988-AC4C64B37887.thumb.jpeg.f838851906a3b9ae34fef103e1b34190.jpeg

0E260AF1-B955-487D-9B58-87995BE14678.thumb.jpeg.5519390ba8d7482bd51153f1d7032ff8.jpeg

• Like 7

Then we joined an evening bum boat cruise that passed under the illuminated bridges and past the Merlin fountain and across to58F91C69-F67F-4C0E-957C-1683553B0B79.thumb.jpeg.1800b5bc2a6785da74735bcab822565d.jpeg

DC96B700-755F-425F-B30C-716BDC7E7E5B.thumb.jpeg.8bcb57cdb3f09f8672027f5a46140c5c.jpeg

see the light show at Marina Bay Sands Hotel.  My photo is poor quality but the light show & dancing fountains were worth seeing.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

Is the dark green one on the right a poblano? And the darker green on the left a jalapeno? They look like it to me but I'm not the expert here.

I'm definitely not an expert buy I have grown jalapeno and they usually are stubby dark green with firm skin so the on the bottom right could be but the grower said the peppers were not hot.

I have not grown pablano but they are also a dark green, mild pepper so the one on the right corner could be a pablano but hard to say for sure.

IMO, these all look like mild peppers.

Edited by Sunshine3601